Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's all try to participate more in the contests. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Rey, I take this personal, but you are right. This is a giant bowling alley that offers a tournament every day. Instead of coming to the bowling alley and either participating in the tournament or watching my favorite bowler, I'm in the Bar section of the bowling alley, away from the players, drinking beer, playing pool, and conversing with others eating Onion Rings.

One of the bowlers gets a 300 score. And I and 20 other people didn't hear about it until another bowler ran inside and told everyone in the bar about it. I wish I could have seen the game.

Why am I at the bowling alley anyway? I love bowling. But I'm in the bar the whole time. It's time to get out of the bar and back to the area where the real action is, Lanes 1-88 (I did say giant).

Yes!! Thank You!!! cheers

JORDAN792

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Reading this thread was kinda like a soap opera... Valid points from both sides though.

I really gotta agree that we could use something to spice it up...Hmmmm, Maybe a gif contest would be cool....Syke! we got one already, it opens tomorrow with amazingly 30% of the people that signed up for it. Sarcasm

frost_byte

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Just want to say my imho. I came here with the intention to learn PS, cause i thing that there is no best teachers then those people who vote and comment for your entry, especially if it is vote or comment from Reyrey, Tj, Marcobalistic etc . One of my first entry was "elephantik" , it took about 2 hours to me, and it has an 39 votes. But my other one with the name "something watching you" took about 2 days and it has much less vote than first one. i just want to say, that i agree with the Rey's first post here. i think that we are parts of this site and to be an indifferent to it means be an indifferent to yourself. Today i have no much time to chop, but i have interest to look at the daily contest and i glad to see a new idea, and when i voting i feel that i take a part in a life of the PSC .So it is just my imho. Sorry for my english.

lucky man Smile
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's the way I see it. Advantage ppl get to see 30 images, right? Tomorrow's source has 5 posts, the next day has 2 posts, Wedn.,Thurs. & Sat. has 4, Friday's has 3.

This tells me that people aren't working very hard ahead of time on their images. Unfortunately, it shows.

I have a passion for chopping but I have to see others with some passion for chopping as well. And that doesn't mean giving an hour or less of your time, throwing something together and expecting praise and votes.

It simply doesn't work that way....

*edit* nevermind

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 am   Reply with quote         

Okay - I'm gonna say this, and then I'm gonna BAND every last one of you (including the MODs, which includes ME!)

30 day Advantage Killed PhotoshopContest.
(the Old Fun Version of it, to be exact).

Okay - I'm now gonna go get the Banding Hammer (I keep it right next to my SPAM.)

HAMMER.

My spamHAMMER. That's where I keep the BANANA HAMMER.

Rolling Eyes

BAND hammer. The hammer that I shall now BAND all of you people. Then I'm gonna let in only my PARTY FRIENDS and we will do LOTS OF VERY BAD CHOPS and SHOW THEM TO EACH OTHER and perhaps, if we are lucky, LAUGH OUT LOUD TOGETHER.

Okay - Prepare for your final BANDING.

*ehem* Nancers? Will you please put down that damned sausage and hand me that thing?

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Okay - I'm gonna say this, and then I'm gonna BAND every last one of you (including the MODs, which includes ME!)

30 day Advantage Killed PhotoshopContest.
(the Old Fun Version of it, to be exact).

Okay - I'm now gonna go get the Banding Hammer (I keep it right next to my SPAM.)

HAMMER.

My spamHAMMER. That's where I keep the BANANA HAMMER.

Rolling Eyes

BAND hammer. The hammer that I shall now BAND all of you people. Then I'm gonna let in only my PARTY FRIENDS and we will do LOTS OF VERY BAD CHOPS and SHOW THEM TO EACH OTHER and perhaps, if we are lucky, LAUGH OUT LOUD TOGETHER.

Okay - Prepare for your final BANDING.

*ehem* Nancers? Will you please put down that damned sausage and hand me that thing?

I think you have your hand on sumtin and Im pretty sure it aint no hammer dude. Wink

I better be in that special party group or I'm sending the midget minions to sort you out jimmy

anfa

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 am   Reply with quote         

There's a lot of things that's killed this site. I dislike the voting for the next daily source. There is a hand full of people that do the voting for that thing so the daily source doesn't vary that much. Make it random again!!!

ReyRey

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

hmmmmmm.........I think I'll start another thread...
I'll call it. "It's Reinman's Fault"
geek Laughing Shocked

ReinMan

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
geek Laughing Shocked

There are a few of them already out there, Rey˛ Raising Brow

Just google BLAMING REINMAN.

Neutral

jerryhami

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

I don't have time to chop but I do have time to pop in now and then to read forums and look at a few images. I rarely vote because I can never get through all entries and thats just not fair.
I am on a 30 day field training so most of my internet time is on my phone.

I tried to bring up the following suggestion in chat this morning but was ran off by some old "blue" stick in the mud.

What about a Phone application version of PSC.
The way it is now the HTML version takes to long to load and once it does you have to keep zooming in to read anything.

I am not talking about the daily contest, I don't think you would be able to admire all the work someone has put into a chop via small screen, but for forums,news and chat it would be great.

I am sure there has to be someone on here that knows how to build these apps.
we could maybe even hold a contest if there are enough people that know how to do it.

Just a thought to breath new life into this place and push PSC into the ways of the future.

P.S.
The main site I visit now is facebook because they have a great app for my blackberry.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:22 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
geek Laughing Shocked

There are a few of them already out there, Rey˛ Raising Brow

Just google BLAMING REINMAN.

Neutral

The results from my google search read:
Results 1 - 10 of about 291,365,896,574,316,843,578,165 in (62.28 seconds)

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
I don't have time to chop but I do have time to pop in now and then to read forums and look at a few images. I rarely vote because I can never get through all entries and thats just not fair.
I am on a 30 day field training so most of my internet time is on my phone.

I tried to bring up the following suggestion in chat this morning but was ran off by some old "blue" stick in the mud.

What about a Phone application version of PSC.
The way it is now the HTML version takes to long to load and once it does you have to keep zooming in to read anything.

I am not talking about the daily contest, I don't think you would be able to admire all the work someone has put into a chop via small screen, but for forums,news and chat it would be great.

I am sure there has to be someone on here that knows how to build these apps.
we could maybe even hold a contest if there are enough people that know how to do it.

Just a thought to breath new life into this place and push PSC into the ways of the future.

P.S.
The main site I visit now is facebook because they have a great app for my blackberry.

I think this would actually be a good thing for Blue. That is the part of the PSC that Blue loves. The community part. A phone app would be great. People could access the chat and the threads and keep the PSC neighborhood flowing. Not so great for the images but when I do see them on my phone it does sometimes tweak my interest enough to go see the image again on my computer.
Now...On the bad side. It probably costs a lot of money to do this and I'm pretty sure Proc doesn't have that much to throw around. But I am sure Reinman does, but he won't share, so again, it's Rein's fault. Laughing

jerryhami

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

See the difference.
Besides the obvious visual it loads and refreshes quicker.

ReinMan

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Now...On the bad side. It probably costs a lot of money to do this and I'm pretty sure Proc doesn't have that much to throw around. But I am sure Reinman does, but he won't share, so again, it's Rein's fault. Laughing

I just helped do a small old-school website for a friend who created an iPhone app for addictions/12-step support. It cost her well over $50K to get it created from the ground up.

Rey, I'm a very RICH man* but I ain't got $50K to spare at the moment! Wink

* rich in attitude, friends, and (some say) talent; moneywise, not so much. Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's all try to participate more in the contests. - Reply to topic