Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H no-shows allowed back in AGAIN - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Should the H2H have a Accept / Decline the rules button when you sign up?

yes

82%

82%

[ 46 ]

no

17%

17%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 56

TheShaman

Post Wed May 05, 2010 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

So because someone doesn't read the rules they get to get back into the competition? How is this fair to the rest of the ones who did follow them? No one died, no one lost connection and therefore didn't have internet access...

I won't say who, but they both admitted they didn't read the rules and didn't realize they were already past the deadline...
You know who you are.

Why was this OK'd? Rather, why bother making the rest of us adhere to the rules that were in place and easily available WEEKS ago.

Was it to make it easier for the brackets? OR because they're both good choppers?

How is that fair to the rest of us? Shouldn't the losers who get the most votes in round 1 be given those empty spots? Instead of those who didn't choose to read the rules?

One of the ones who got allowed back in the comp doesn't even have a competitor! They get a free pass to round 2?!?! Rolling Eyes

Next year, the powers that be need to have a Accept / Decline the terms above button when signing up for the H2H. That way there is no confusion. OR "oh I didn't know when this or that" You read the rules, you accepted the terms, now deal with it.

[/rant]

nifft

Post Wed May 05, 2010 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

maybe we shall put a vote handicap in the next round Cool

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed May 05, 2010 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

Well I was a big part in getting one person back in, this person was literally seconds late, and yes late is late, but their competitor was even happy to let them in.

Now as it happens getting them back into the comp has taken time and probably ruined any chances of them going through as many votes are cast.

so you could say lesson learned, but got to compete still as he was here on the deadline, just uploaded seconds late.

The other case, well this in my opinion is totally different. As they misread the rules, arrived a couple of 'hours' late, and unlike the other competitor has no such challenge of clawing back votes. As their comp was a double no show. This one for me should not have been permitted, as Sean says, what is the point of having all the rules, if they are not followed.

I am sure the mods considered each case, the former was a consensus vote as the late person was actually their on time, just unlucky and panicking and will not go any further in the comp most likely, the other, just totally messed up, and now gets a free pass.

ReinMan

Post Wed May 05, 2010 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Next year, the powers that be need to have a Accept / Decline the terms above button when signing up for the H2H. That way there is no confusion. OR "oh I didn't know when this or that" You read the rules, you accepted the terms, now deal with it.

I think this is a VERY good idea. thumright

arcaico

Post Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

why bother with next year... we all know the supreme power of the mods will twist the rules at their will...

I'm not surprised we have that many no-shows... we let them come back in the next year anyway...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ReinMan

Post Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
why bother with next year... we all know the supreme power of the mods will twist the rules at their will...

I'm not surprised we have that many no-shows... we let them come back in the next year anyway...

The sad thing to me, ARC, is that your responses are now BORING. Rolling Eyes

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

maybe even a check box for every rule

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

well it seems like every time somebody has a good reason to join again. maybe it's the fact that it takes a while before we started...

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
arcaico wrote:

of course they are... that's cause I'm pointing them at YOU (plural) mods...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

maybe even a check box for every rule

meh that may be pushing it too far.

Like when you get new software, regardless if you read the TOS/rules or not, you have to at least check the box and say you've agreed or disagreed to those TOS/rules.

Once you agree to the above terms there should be no doubt. You are then bound to adhere to those rules or face the consequences. If you don't agree to the rules, you don't get to sign up. End of story. No crying. No hard feelings.

This leaves you and the mods with the very easy task of just saying "sorry, you agreed to the above terms"

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
arcaico wrote:

of course they are... that's cause I'm pointing them at YOU (plural) mods...

(well, thanks at least for including the other MODs in your BOREfest! Wink I may be able to survive it, in that case.)

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

The mods should release the source 3 weeks before the competition. The first 128 people to submit an entry get into the H2H and are then paired up against each other via pscore, etc. No entry, no position in the H2H.

Cool

arcaico

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
The mods should release the source 3 weeks before the competition. The first 128 people to submit an entry get into the H2H and are then paired up against each other via pscore, etc. No entry, no position in the H2H.

Cool

I like that... probably the best idea someone has had in here for years...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

that turns the H2H into a free-for-all speed chop competition.
You'd have every noob on the site submitting 5 minutes after the source was released...

no thanks.

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I got a helpful e-mail yesterday afternoon:
PSC Team wrote:
We've noticed you haven't posted your image for the H2H contest yet. To remain qualified in this event, remember to post your image before 8AM (EST) on Wednesday May 5th 2010.

To post your image visit http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/8/index.html and click on your match to upload your entry.

Enjoy the site,
The Photoshop Contest Team
http://www.photoshopcontest.com/

So I see NO excuse for "I didn't know." Now, if there were connectivity reasons, that's harder for me to argue against for making exceptions...

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H no-shows allowed back in AGAIN - Reply to topic