Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Clean up your act - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

jefflang007

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:04 am   Reply with quote         

Ok I know I have not been round for a while (sadly) and due to illness this week I missed on posting in the head to head, but I may be out of order saying that this years standards are quite low on other years. In addition have folks lost their originality? if I had to vote on one more clean up. Yes we have all done them but in a h2h you need to bring your best game?

Ok rip into me..

http://www.langmark.com
jefflang007

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 am   Reply with quote         

Ps that being said there are one or two gold nuggets.

http://www.langmark.com
UntExp

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:13 am   Reply with quote         

jefflang007 wrote:
Ok I know I have not been round for a while (sadly) and due to illness this week I missed on posting in the head to head, but I may be out of order saying that this years standards are quite low on other years. In addition have folks lost their originality? if I had to vote on one more clean up. Yes we have all done them but in a h2h you need to bring your best game?

Ok rip into me..

Shocked c'hai la faccia come il culo!

nat_g31

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:45 am   Reply with quote         

It's easy to rip all of us when you didn't post anything Evil or Very Mad

How bout you share your chop that you were supposedly going to post so we can see what a "good and original" chop is supposed to look like?

That source was a bitch to work with or come up with ideas for.

Anyway glad your better but it takes some big balls to come on and post this after you no show. Evil or Very Mad

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
supak0ma

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:54 am   Reply with quote         

UntExp wrote:
jefflang007 wrote:

Ok rip into me..

pure gold Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

nat_g31

Post Thu May 06, 2010 7:07 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
UntExp wrote:
jefflang007 wrote:

Ok rip into me..

Translation???

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Post Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with him, the standard of the people let in the tournament was pretty low, i mean look at all the people who never even posted!!

i mean, A clean up is better than quitting any day of the week in my book, am i right? oh wait...
Laughing

Tommeken

Post Thu May 06, 2010 7:15 am   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:

How bout you share your chop that you were supposedly going to post so we can see what a "good and original" chop is supposed to look like?

Anyway glad your better but it takes some big balls to come on and post this after you no show. Evil or Very Mad

Amen... Twisted Evil

Prince Laurent

Post Thu May 06, 2010 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:

Amen, amen & amen... Twisted Evil

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

I might be wrong in saying this but its just my opinion. Even if your too busy to post an entry into a contest you signed up for knowing the rules etc at sign up, you should at least post "Something" so that there is some element of competition for the poor guy/girl who sat for hours on end thinking and creating an entry... Even if you scribble on the source and post it!

I do think its hypocritical to say the standards are low when you didnt show up (the collective you, not YOU).

I for one spent HOURS AND HOURS on mine. My first approach was a clean up job but had a feeling there would be a few... and so what if there are loads of rebuilds in the contest... they still deserve to be judged fairly along with anything else.

So I think this thread can be a chance for those "no-shows" to post what they would have done had the turned up.

Anyway I'll shut up now.

Good luck with H2H everybody (who showed up)

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
UntExp wrote:
jefflang007 wrote:

Ok rip into me..

Translation???

Google translate has this as "thou hast the face as his ass" lol.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

dannyboyuk09 wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
UntExp wrote:
jefflang007 wrote:

Ok rip into me..

Translation???

Google translate has this as "thou hast the face as his ass" lol.
pure gold indeed! Laughing

Cartoon Contractor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 am   Reply with quote         

Well all I can say is I don't think anyone sat down and chopped an image and said "Boy this stinks! Let me post it in the H2H!" ALL of us here realize that some here are exceptional choppers! Some are good and some are just OK. The point is they put in an effort to do their best which may not be as good as others! It may not meet YOUR standards, but who cares! You entered and didn't even show up! Maybe you had a good excuse, maybe you didn't. The fact is YOU don't show and then criticize the ones that did. Do you really feel it's your place to do that? How would you feel if you DID show and a no-show picked YOUR image to criticize! And BTW these weren't just clean ups, they were re-builds! Get out your PS and see how long it would take YOU to re-build that broken cup! That's my 2 cents! Wink

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

jefflang007 wrote:

Ok rip into me..

Dude...really.
You haven't even participated in the entire thing, you had the chance, but rather you posted nothing.

My opinion of a no show and no message that you couldn't enter, is weak.
In exception of unexpected events. (such as a family loss or whatever)

But extra work..come on man.
You could have atleast give a heads up.

That's all.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Clean up your act - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.