Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Clean up your act - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JORDAN792

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
Well all I can say is I don't think anyone sat down and chopped an image and said "Boy this stinks! Let me post it in the H2H!" ALL of us here realize that some here are exceptional choppers! Some are good and some are just OK. The point is they put in an effort to do their best which may not be as good as others! It may not meet YOUR standards, but who cares! You entered and didn't even show up! Maybe you had a good excuse, maybe you didn't. The fact is YOU don't show and then criticize the ones that did. Do you really feel it's your place to do that? How would you feel if you DID show and a no-show picked YOUR image to criticize! And BTW these weren't just clean ups, they were re-builds! Get out your PS and see how long it would take YOU to re-build that broken cup! That's my 2 cents! Wink

well said CC!
Judging by your portfolio Jefflang007, I would say you fall into the same category your criticizing, so keep it to yourself! I thought it was a great turnout aside from the no-shows. That cup was a challenging source and everyone (that chopped) did an excellent job!

TheShaman

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for that Jeff West!

nat_g31

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

oh! Hell yeah! Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Mir

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

UntExp wrote:
jefflang007 wrote:
Ok I know I have not been round for a while (sadly) and due to illness this week I missed on posting in the head to head, but I may be out of order saying that this years standards are quite low on other years. In addition have folks lost their originality? if I had to vote on one more clean up. Yes we have all done them but in a h2h you need to bring your best game?

Ok rip into me..

Shocked c'hai la faccia come il culo!

You said it best mate!! Laughing Laughing

Non sembra nemmeno vero!
TofuTheGreat

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

I'ma piss people off with this but....

Take it easy on Jeff. Last week I got sick. I mean really sick. Tested for every strain of flu and strepp infection. Spent most of 6 days straight in bed. If he had the same conditions I could see why he wasn't able to chop.

I was going to start my "Round 1 in Review" thread tomorrow. One of the items in it was to note that there were 19 rebuilds of the cup. That's about 17% of all the chops. That's almost 1 in 5! Yeah it's a tough rebuild but it's an obvious idea. Oh and oddly there were 4 BP-related chops (which I found surprising as a common idea).

Also Jeff can chop creatively:
http://photoshopcontest.com/images/fullsize/y3cluhknkyf9n03ypydjxicmdfwipconrneg.jpg

supak0ma

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

pure gold!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

FootFungas

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

I think people are overreacting a lot.
Just because you no-show doesn't make you a pariah, never to give your opinion again without being torn to pieces.
Personally I think Jeff has a point. It was just a first round, but it was still pretty weak compared to past years.
A clean-up might have taken a lot of work, but it doesn't mean its "good." There are some terrible, terrible movies that took a lot of work, but had no originality, and no story, so they bombed.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:22 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReinMan

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

I think Jeff should have kept his opinion (in light of his no-show, for whatever reason) to himself.

Oh, I'm talking like he's not here. Sorry.

Jeff. Keep your 'artistic criticisms' to yourself UNTIL THE ACTIVE CONTEST IS OVER. It is, and always has been, uncool to talk up or down about entries in an active contest.

- Reinier

MamaBallistic

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

I'm insulted, I put a lot of time & effort into my entry..... given it's only my first H2H I didn't think I'd done too bad - I know I'm not highly ranked against the other choppers on this site but I still wouldn't have the audacity (yes, that's right, I used THAT word) to say that anyone hadn't put effort in even if I was!

Rey is the title holding champion of H2H .... I don't see him here, saying we all suck apart from the odd 1 or 2!!

Now, I shall be insulted in my own world & await Reys comment of "You all suck" Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

Well I am not going to rag on Jeff, he can chop, and he was ill so fair enough.

But first rounds of the H2H are what they are. The great PSC leveler. All have the source for same amount of time, all are welcomed. And this means all skill levels.

Ok so maybe people have a point that this years round 1 was not a glorious fireworks extravaganza. But maybe the source was a bitch. I know I had fun with it.

But I can see so much negativity, I thought there was quite a few good entries in the round. There were some that obviously had trouble with the source. But people work on different levels. I don't know. Think we need to stop complaining.

ReinMan

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Nice thread, Jeff. Thanks for adding yet another BITCH thread to this site. Why I was just thinking, over the last couple weeks, "man, I hope there are PLENTY OF BITCH THREADS for this H2H!"

Rolling Eyes

Here's the real thing: I would have actually CANNED this particular thread (on the basis of DON'T TALK ABOUT ACTIVE ENTRIES) but I was getting some sleep between killing SPAM here and paying my rent. And now it is rolling... so I'll leave it be. But I'm really FINE if some other MOD locks this shit down. I'm really really disappointed with all the bashing and critisism and narrow-minded behavior that has once again cloaked what was supposed to be a HIGH POINT in the PSC year.

You folks? (You know who I'm talking to) Your entries may not suck as much as Jeff says, but your attitude (and his) TOTALLY sucks.

- reinieR

Mir

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

Sad
JORDAN792

Post Thu May 06, 2010 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

I don’t know if there is a finger pointed at me here but my attitude was just fine until this guy comes in and bashes all of us. I pay to be here and I have a right to speak my mind if it’s ok for jefflang to. I don’t see why anyone takes his side… you should all be offended. If I started this thread than I would probably be banned by now. But since he’s friends with everyone than we’ll just excuse that comment.

I guess I am just pissed cause he was my opponent, and had I known he was not going to show I would have tried to get tofu into his slot so I actually had some competition(since tofu was voicing that he wanted in). But rather, I spend 10 hours on a chop cant take any credit for proceeding to the next round.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Clean up your act - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.