Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Logo for a rebrand CONTEST Payment through Paypal. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Would you vote on the results?

Heck yeah!

30%

30%

[ 4 ]

Maybe

23%

23%

[ 3 ]

No.

46%

46%

[ 6 ]

Total Votes: 13

EdgeData

Post Wed May 19, 2010 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

HI there guys! I recently got a great job working as a Sys Admin. I remembered back in the day when I had time to mess around and play with Photoshop. This site (I remember it being called something else) kept me busy and happy. I am NOT a graphic designer, but I love playing with Photoshop.

I digress (kind of) my company needs to rebrand. We love the colors at viexperts dot com and want to keep that color scheme.

Please remember that all work should be original and REMEMBER to watermark your work! I won't steal it but someone else might.

After seeing all the logos here on the site the CEO and I will determine a winner and in return for a $50-$600 PayPal transaction (negotiable with the winner) we would want the original art less the watermark Wink

Thanks for any and all entries. I guess I am trying to start a contest. So good luck gladiators of the brush and Napoleons of the palette.

pst! The winner may win more than $50 possible we find the right candidate to do more work and pay them what their art is worth. $600 is top dog money for this logo, but of course, there MIGHT be someone that can step up and deliver.

Post Wed May 19, 2010 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

EdgeData wrote:
This site (I remember it being called something else) kept me busy and happy.

Oh really....I have trouble believing this for some reason....so approximately how many years ago was this?

$50 is a joke of a payment for a quality logo.

I vote you take a hike Razz

delia

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Most of your website is not operational...

How can we "brand" you if we can't even tell what you/your company is all about?

PS- I agree, $50 can be gotten around here a few times a month. Smile Should pay more to entice the big dogs around here to help you out.

http://www.track4va.com
EdgeData

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
EdgeData wrote:
This site (I remember it being called something else) kept me busy and happy.

Oh really....I have trouble believing this for some reason....so approximately how many years ago was this?

$50 is a joke of a payment for a quality logo.

I vote you take a hike Razz

I vote you offer suggestions rather than just derogitory comments.

But of course just like you... my vote counts for NOTHING.

EdgeData

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

deliandave wrote:
Most of your website is not operational...

How can we "brand" you if we can't even tell what you/your company is all about?

PS- I agree, $50 can be gotten around here a few times a month. Smile Should pay more to entice the big dogs around here to help you out.

Of course, I appologize that I was not more specific, I would understand how you would want to know more about the company to help the creative juices flow. We are an IT Consulting company, which means we are a leased IT Department.

The wesite is not complete as we are rebranding, so we are not putting anymore coding efforts into the page. However the colors seem to be a big hit with our small number of customers so far, so we want to keep those.

As far as the $50 goes... I agree with that and have spoken with the CEO Matt Muphy. We can negotiate with the person who makes a logo we want to buy. More in the $500-$600 for the right logo, but I don't want to find people who are in it for the money, or else I would have gone through that channel. I want to find someone who loves what they do because, lets be honest, that always is better for EVERYONE.

-Love your job and never work a single day.

I am up for any and all suggestions you all may haveup to and including "Take a hike", or something with more suggestions is always better.

Stevster

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

What's sad is that this person already has PMs asking for the gig I'm sure. Smile

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
What's sad is that this person already has PMs asking for the gig I'm sure. Smile

probably so......but you get what you pay for

EdgeData

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
Stevster wrote:

probably so......but you get what you pay for

Which is why I probably wouldn't consider you my #1 option, for anything....ever.
All crap and no suggestions.... you really need to work on that.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not gonna give you the live link but this is funny:
wwwDOTviewexpertsDOTcom/ProfArticle/Articles.aspx?id=13

It's simple! Laughing

Stevster

Post Wed May 19, 2010 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I'm not gonna give you the live link but this is funny:
wwwDOTviewexpertsDOTcom/ProfArticle/Articles.aspx?id=13

Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed May 19, 2010 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok people... This guy has shown respect, and even adjusted the offer. Let's please try to be friendly, or at least respectful in return. Not everybody knows how things work from the get-go. You don't have to participate in this if you don't want to. Let's not ruin an opportunity for someone who may want to participate, or someone who needs it.

blue_lurker

Post Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Ok people... This guy has shown respect, and even adjusted the offer. Let's please try to be friendly, or at least respectful in return. Not everybody knows how things work from the get-go. You don't have to participate in this if you don't want to. Let's not ruin an opportunity for someone who may want to participate, or someone who needs it.

With respect Tute, they lied from the get go, this has always been photoshopcontest.com

I personally smell another scam and the last time this happened people got burnt...I create logos and flyers for a living and my chopper sensors are tingling.

No disrespect to you tute and none to the poster but would have been nice if they were honest up front and not tried to influence us with past history that from what I can see does not exist.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed May 19, 2010 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

bom

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Wed May 19, 2010 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

If you watermark all your images, then there shouldn't be any risk. Please treat the OP with respect.

Post Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
With respect Tute, they lied from the get go, this has always been photoshopcontest.com

I personally smell another scam and the last time this happened people got burnt...I create logos and flyers for a living and my chopper sensors are tingling.

No disrespect to you tute and none to the poster but would have been nice if they were honest up front and not tried to influence us with past history that from what I can see does not exist.

Ditto.....I would not have approached with the attitude that I did, but he did start out his first post with a load of crap about hanging out here when the site was called something else.....newbies might have believed that, but the old timers know better than that..... there is the pscontest.com domain and redirect, but anyway....

I hereby withdraw my "take a hike", and wish you luck with your logo quest.

Honesty goes a long way here and I was trying to look out for my fellow choppers here

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Logo for a rebrand CONTEST Payment through Paypal. - Reply to topic