Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Cluttered vs. Clean - Reply to topic

Trann

Post Tue May 25, 2010 3:18 pm   Reply with quote         

The Great Unfinished thread got me wondering about how people approach the business of chops.

It seems a good number retain Cthulhu-knows how many ancient files of abandoned projects.

Personally, I generally open up a new folder and start dumping sources, save out modified images that may or may not come into play in the final PS document but, when the chop is posted or submitted to the contest, that "workspace" is tossed. I see no need to retain it.

What's your workspace like? Cluttered or clean? Or a hybrid? And why?

Inquiring minds...

ReyRey

Post Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Trann wrote:
The Great Unfinished thread got me wondering about how people approach the business of chops.

It seems a good number retain Cthulhu-knows how many ancient files of abandoned projects.

Personally, I generally open up a new folder and start dumping sources, save out modified images that may or may not come into play in the final PS document but, when the chop is posted or submitted to the contest, that "workspace" is tossed. I see no need to retain it.

Inquiring minds...

What's a workspace?? Shocked

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue May 25, 2010 4:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing touche

JORDAN792

Post Tue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm so cluttered in all my chops! You should have seen my head to head entries... I have 3 PSD's for the last one... I also have every PSD and jpeg image I have submitted here.....looks around......somewhere anyway. Laughing

ReinMan

Post Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

THIS is MY workshop.

And, yes, it is REALLY cluttered.

Best cleaning solution? Merlot.

(just ask Nancers!)

Oscar

Post Tue May 25, 2010 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I got a folder named " photoshop stuff " that I dump all my psd's and images there... no kidding that folder is close to 70gb. BUT WAIT there is more, I also have another folder called " finished photoshop psd's " I put all my finished psd's and lastly I got another folder called
" Finished PSC images " ... self explanatory.

all and all this 3 folders are 129gb on a external drive.

I don't ever delete anything, everything gets stored forever

marcoballistic

Post Wed May 26, 2010 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

including Mr Astley Laughing

MamaBallistic

Post Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 am   Reply with quote         

I have a PSC source image folder, a PSC Entries folder & a Random PSC stuff folder.

The first two usually have PSD's in there although I did just delete all of them due to memory issues..... of course if SOMEONE *clears throat* got me an external hard drive I'd be able to keep them all Wink I'm just, ya know, saying Smile

Other than that my whole comp is, umm, well yeah, so I can find stuff but no one else ever can! Laughing PS stuff is the only thing I ever bother to put in some sort of order.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

I have an image folder for source and image material, I have a psd folder for psd's (obviously) Very Happy , and a photoshop jpg folder for the flattened images. I go in about 2 or 3 times a year and clean out old and unfinished psd's so it isn't too jumbled. Bout it! Smile

annajon

Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

I keep all my photoshop works, jpgs and psd files, finished or unfinished, used or not (yet) used, on a seperate partition of my harddrive. All the stuff I made since 2004, when I started. Some of the psd files from the early years have gone lost, some computer crashing went into that....
Plus I have a folder or two, with images that I still intend to use in chops in future. About 40 gig in total now.

delia

Post Thu May 27, 2010 8:35 am   Reply with quote         

Trann wrote:

Inquiring minds...

Clean... I only keep the final chops. For posterity. Smile

PS- isketch is addictive, thanx for recommending!

http://www.track4va.com

Post Thu May 27, 2010 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Just one folder that contains source and final chop in it...delete the rest when done =P If hard drive needs space I toss folder on a cd and start over. Since I'm a newb here still it's only 30mb so far =P

My Second Life folder...that's a whole other story...must be thousands of textures, clothing templates, and other stuff I made for that game in there. LOL

marcoballistic

Post Thu May 27, 2010 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I got one folder for on the go stuff, and one for sources and externals, as for my workflows for PSC, looks like a dogs been at them Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Cluttered vs. Clean - Reply to topic