Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thoughts on CHANTIX - Reply to topic

Designed2522

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

So I know that there was a thread not to long ago about choppers that had quit smoking but I am more interested in getting feedback about what people think about this drug....

1) did it work/ not

2) if it worked what about the drug made you quit.... was it that you did not feel that you needed a butt or did it make you feel physically sick? drunken Argh

3) any other feedback/ any other side effects

I myself have been on the drug for 3 full days and i feel nauseous... I experienced one really weird dream but that part I dont mind... I just dont want to feel sick all the time while i am on it... feedback would be greatly appreciated also I want to hear success stories cause ultimately thats what im attempting.

ReyRey

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

It turned my wife go psycho!! She would cry uncontrollably and shake. She completely lost control of her emotions and went into a deep depression. They had to take her off of it but she wished that it didn't have those side effects because it did keep her off the cigarettes.

Designed2522

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
It turned my wife go psycho!! She would cry uncontrollably and shake. She completely lost control of her emotions and went into a deep depression. They had to take her off of it but she wished that it didn't have those side effects because it did keep her off the cigarettes.

thanks Rey, well I havent gotten to that point yet and Im hoping not to!!! Very Happy

bigbuck

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

It's called CHAMPIX in Oz. Same stuff (Varenicline tartrate)
I'm keen to try it. Several of my friends have used it with amazing results.
No-one really mentioned any side effects, but they did say how incredibly easy it was to give up.

Designed2522

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
It's called CHAMPIX in Oz. Same stuff (Varenicline tartrate)
I'm keen to try it. Several of my friends have used it with amazing results.
No-one really mentioned any side effects, but they did say how incredibly easy it was to give up.

thanks buck, thats really good to hear!!!

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

It also makes Rey repeat himself.

Did you know that Wellbutrin was a stop smoking drug at one point? It's now used for depression but maybe you could try that. Just be warned that I have heard of irritability and aggressiveness as side effects of it.

arcaico

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

worked fine for me... and it was the best investment I've ever made. I smell better, my hand smells better, my clothes smell better, my house smells better, food smells better and I breath MUCH better. Used it for 2 months (the usual is 3 months). Makes you feell sick for 15 minutes after you take each pill (after the 2nd week). You totally lose the will to smoke. Before the first 15 days are finished, when you're supposed to keep smoking, you won't feel like smoking the whole cigarette and will leave unfinished cigs. Your dreams will kick-ass!!! Sometimes I feel like taking champix again just to have this cool side-effect again. It will only make you feel psycho and want to kill yerself (in a way, you're already trying to kill yourself when you smoke) if you have some mental disorder and associate it with prescribed psychotropics (I mean drugs that work in da brainz) or if you're married to Rey. I say go for it.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

pollyO

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

Chantix made me sick, threw up a lot. Tried cold turkey but after three days I wanted to drive dull knitting needles thru my brain. So Im still smoking. Rolling Eyes

Designed2522

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
It also makes Rey repeat himself.

Did you know that Wellbutrin was a stop smoking drug at one point? It's now used for depression but maybe you could try that. Just be warned that I have heard of irritability and aggressiveness as side effects of it.

I have tried wellbutrin and am very much alergic to it.... the doctor told me never to take that drug again!!! Shocked

Designed2522

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
worked fine for me... and it was the best investment I've ever made. I smell better, my hand smells better, my clothes smell better, my house smells better, food smells better and I breath MUCH better. Used it for 2 months (the usual is 3 months). Makes you feell sick for 15 minutes after you take each pill (after the 2nd week). You totally lose the will to smoke. Before the first 15 days are finished, when you're supposed to keep smoking, you won't feel like smoking the whole cigarette and will leave unfinished cigs. Your dreams will kick-ass!!! Sometimes I feel like taking champix again just to have this cool side-effect again. It will only make you feel psycho and want to kill yerself (in a way, you're already trying to kill yourself when you smoke) if you have some mental disorder and associate it with prescribed psychotropics (I mean drugs that work in da brainz) or if you're married to Rey. I say go for it.

Arc, thank you this is the response that I was looking for, I am currently on day fie and still smoking. I too am ok with the dreams, it helps with my artistic ability! Very Happy I get the 15 mins of sickness and sometime I feel sick after smoking but only if im thinking about it. So are you telling me that I should keep smoking regularly until the need to smoke is gone or am I suppose to quit cold turkey at some point???

Designed2522

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

pollyO wrote:
Chantix made me sick, threw up a lot. Tried cold turkey but after three days I wanted to drive dull knitting needles thru my brain. So Im still smoking. Rolling Eyes

Polly you should keep trying!!!

dannyboyuk09

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I gave up smoking 3 years ago using Champix. If you check the leaflet that comes in the box you are supposed to take the tablet whilst eating and that prevents the puking side effects. I used to have a slice of bread when taking it, (eat half-take tablet- finish bread) I never had any nausea or sickness until about half way through month 2 but that was each time I had a smoke. But as mentioned already, you simply lose the urge to light up and the plus side of fresh clothes, fingers breath etc is GREAT!

I have to admit though I do like to smoke the occasional cigar but not as an addiction but because I like the taste. Maybe once a month or so... hell of a lot better than my 30 per day habit.

I say go for it.

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
arcaico wrote:

Arc, thank you this is the response that I was looking for, I am currently on day fie and still smoking. I too am ok with the dreams, it helps with my artistic ability! Very Happy I get the 15 mins of sickness and sometime I feel sick after smoking but only if im thinking about it. So are you telling me that I should keep smoking regularly until the need to smoke is gone or am I suppose to quit cold turkey at some point???

you have to set a point to quit. My doc told me to stop smoking 15 days after i start taking champix. So that´s what I did. I decided I´d stop on day 15. I kept smoking like usual. On day 12 I didn´t feel like smoking anymore, so i quit before my established day.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Square

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

as a nurse for many years, Chantix is by FAR the most effective stop-smoking tool available. I think the current statistics say that a year out, 1 in 4 people, that's a whopping 25%, are still not smoking. That may not sound like much, but the stats for other forms of smoking cessation are in the single digits.

As for the GI side effects: every one of my patients that have had the nausea have had it go away, eventually. It may take 2-3 weeks, but it should subside. I do know of patients that couldn't wait it out and had to stop. It's all individual.

As a former smoker (2 packs a day habit at my worst), I would like to say that the American Lung Association has a fantastic web-based smoking cessation program, I believe it's called Quit-For-Life, that I used--successfully--when I finally kicked the habit for good. That was about 7 years ago. I still recommend it to patients.

I also think the current statistic is it takes on average SEVEN attempts before a smoker successfully gives up the habit. I mention this because the old adage "if first you don't succeed, try....try again" really does mean something when it comes to smoking. You didn't learn to smoke overnight, and you aren't going to un-learn smoking overnight either. If you can't handle the chantix, it doesn't mean you are without options. Just wanting to quit smoking is the HUGEST component of actually doing it!!!!! Best of luck to you!!!

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thoughts on CHANTIX - Reply to topic