Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tutorials....wtf...igo? - Reply to topic

Should we have an "Advanced Tutorials" section, to help the few still learning?

Ohhh Yeaahhh..."Why didn't I think of this?!?"

76%

76%

[ 10 ]

I just like the site the way it is...the way it's always been!

7%

7%

[ 1 ]

What is the point in wasting my time with this nonsense?

15%

15%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 13

rett435

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

What the F*¢₭ Is Going On?....First of all, I don't want to come across like I'm blaming any particular person. Honestly, I don't know who is capable of handling the task at hand. I would just like to know from whoever is able to do so, when are ReyRey's tutorials going to be uploaded to the Tuts section?

Here's what I'm thinking:

I've noticed that a lot (half or more) of the tutorials, in the "Tutorial" section, are geared toward basic skills within Photoshop. It seems that a few more tutorials like these:

might make the "non-beginner" users more likely to progress in Photoshop proficiency, rather than have their skills plateau.

Wouldn't a tutorial section, for advanced users (only accessible through Advantage, to help promote "true" membership to this wonderful site), help those of us who want to learn more, but lack a little creative initiative? By studying these tutorials, we could better understand and utilize higher functions of Photoshop, other than "Masking" and "Layer Blending Modes."

I know I haven't been a very active member, but I've been a "lurking member" for almost 3 years, and the one thing I've seen decline, "over the years," is the desire to help others learn. I've rarely sought help, and when I did seek it, I received more than adequate criticism (which I really appreciate; Tell me if my entries suck...please!). But, I've seen fewer numbers of threads asking for help on techniques; and the few threads I've seen, touching on some of the finer aspects of Photoshop, have gone to the graveyard, never seeming to arise again.

I know that making these changes would require a little bit more than clicking a mouse button; I'm not trying to harass. I would just really like to see the powers-at-be take an initiative toward making this site a center for communal learning, rather than who's the "voted - Most Popular" chopper in Chopperland!!!

This great community has a lot of potential, and I really love being a part, if just a small part, of it.

I don't want to sound like I'm kissing The Great ReyRey's ass, because I know there have been numerous other tut's done within the threads. It just seems the only tutorial-type threads I recall have been posted by Rey.

P.S. Mods, if this gets out of hand, please move to the MOD thread.

Oscar

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:20 am   Reply with quote         

The tutorials section here is like... a sour taco.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

I converted several of Rey's tuts to HTML but they didn't get loaded up to the Tutorials section. Confused

arcaico

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

rett435 wrote:
P.S. Mods, if this gets out of hand, please move to the MOD thread.

it never gets out of hand until I join it...

oh wait... I just did!

FUCK!! Doh!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Hagen

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

I gotta say I agree with you Rett thumleft ...! Tutorials made by Rey² & Co are really helpfull for people like us willing to improve the way they work with Photoshop...! It's indeed the best way for us to learn new tricks and effects...! I'm sad the Tuto Section has not been updated for a while... Sad ! Mods isn't it possible to encourage the people around here to share their skills with us Surprised...?

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

An addendum thought on the subject....

Would be cool if anyone creating a new tutorial would post it to the forums with a simple poll for "Add to Tutorial Section Yes/No". Polls run for 30 days. If the majority say add to the section then it gets added otherwise it stays in the forums.

Also this way if a person creates say 5 tutorials; that get added to the Tutorials section; then they would "earn" a month Advantage (to keep or gift to someone else if they like). This would give members incentive to create tutorials while still giving those that have earned lifetime Advantage an incentive as well. Cool

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tutorials....wtf...igo? - Reply to topic