Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - World Cup Final Summary - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

00:00-116:00
ESP... Neutral
NED... Neutral
Crowd... Vuvuzela bzzzzzzzz!!!

116:00
ESP... cheers!!!! Banana
NED... Doh! Crying or Very sad

116:30-END
ESP... Iniesta Mr. Green
NED... Crying or Very sad
ESP Crowd... Vuvuzela bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!
NED Crowd... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

GO SPAIN!!!!!!!

Tesore

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats! Well done salut

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Congrats! Well done salut

salut Indeed. It was a dirty game at times, but a great one too! Mr. Green

m0nk

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats to Spain!!!

bogonet

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Robbenballistic, brother of Greenballistic

Bluesbro

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Another game, another 30 referee mistakes Rolling Eyes They call penalties and hold up silly cards for little or no reason, except when they should. I think the speed of the game and the incredible physical talent of the players at this level overwhelms the ability to call this sport with the naked eye. And I think they are afraid to call penalties in the zone that would result in a penalty kick.

Robben of the NL was all but tackled on a breakaway with no call. He probably should have fallen down and pretended he was about to die, because they seem to always call that. If they red carded the NL player for grabbing on a breakaway, why not the Spain player on that play? So inconsistant!

There were plenty of bad calls both ways, and Spain deserved the victory I think. The second half was all Spain. The ball was in the NL zone almost exclusively in the second half. Some great saves by both goalies as well.

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro wrote:

Robben of the NL was all but tackled on a breakaway with no call. He probably should have fallen down and pretended he was about to die, because they seem to always call that. If they red carded the NL player for grabbing on a breakaway, why not the Spain player on that play? So inconsistant!

see? if you knew the game rules you would not have made such a statement

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro wrote:
Another game, another 30 referee mistakes Rolling Eyes They call penalties and hold up silly cards for little or no reason, except when they should. I think the speed of the game and the incredible physical talent of the players at this level overwhelms the ability to call this sport with the naked eye. And I think they are afraid to call penalties in the zone that would result in a penalty kick.

There were plenty of bad calls both ways, and Spain deserved the victory I think. The second half was all Spain. The ball was in the NL zone almost exclusively in the second half. Some great saves by both goalies as well.

Partially agree, Spain deserved the win.</agree>

Haha just kidding. I completely agree with the fact that solely relying on the refs to make good calls just isn't enough. 4 years from now in Brazil, maybe they'll have video review then? Probably not haha Rolling Eyes

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I thought Webb refereed the match as well as he could of. It was by no means an easy match to referee.

The Dutch came to stop Spain playing, and the yellow cards were fair, if Webb had followed the FIFA directives to the letter there would have been 2 less Dutch and one less Spaninsh player by half time. He called the game for the sake of the game.

By no means is it easy to get every decision right, especially in a game of the calibre of the World Cup Final.

Sure some mistakes were made, but overall I enjoyed the game, and the right team won.

Job done.

anfa

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:

Yup! What he said!

MonkeeDrummer

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Agree with Mark, and Supe, and Anfa... Laughing
There were a couple of iffy calls here and there (inevitable like Mark said), but that wasn't one of them imo.

annajon

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Can we stop playing now?

Bluesbro

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:37 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:

Yup! What he said!

Is that because it was a double yellow that got the Dutch player red-carded? You still didn't address the terrible call on Robben. Are you saying that wasn't a foul? Hey, if you two are happy with the way your game is played then great. I'll see if I can get up the interest again in 4 years ... lol.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

Can we stop playing now?

We'll stop playing when the South Africa stops blowing their vuvuzelas!
Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela Vuvuzela
And after that, we'll start playing again!!! cheers
Cool

supak0ma

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:06 am   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro wrote:
anfa wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:

Yup! What he said!

Is that because it was a double yellow that got the Dutch player red-carded? You still didn't address the terrible call on Robben. Are you saying that wasn't a foul? Hey, if you two are happy with the way your game is played then great. I'll see if I can get up the interest again in 4 years ... lol.

the "terrible" call on robben was SPOT ON, Webb is in my view the best ref ni the world right now...let me explain you the concept of "advantage" (it is called like that in italian, no idea what it is called in english), when a player is fouled the ref has three options:
1. call the foul, the game stops and disciplinary measures are taken if deemed necessary;
2. If the ref considers it an advantage to let the game continue, meaning the fouled team could gain an advantage by letting the play go instead of getting a free kick.
3.the ref considers it not to be a foul and lets the game go on

the second option was chosen by Webb and in my opinion it was absolutuely spot on. Once the advantage conceded by the ref has been exploited by the receiving team the preceding foul is denied. Robben took a shot, unfortunately for him Casillas managed to deflect it hence robben exploited the advantage given, if he had scored, which he should have, the goal would have stood. Had he been disposessed before shooting i'm sure the ref would have called the foul.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - World Cup Final Summary - Reply to topic