Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - remembrances of 9/11 - Reply to topic

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

Show you remember....

• Visit theARTproject (artists respond to terrorism)
http://www.theartproject.net/index1.htm
click on the bottom image grid buttons to view more pages of art.

• Then create your own remembrance and post it here. Create an image or post your own photo. If you want, you can tell us what you remember - your thoughts, your feelings, where you were.

• Keep the images small, index card sized - 5 x 3 (or 3x5 if you wish, Caf!).

• Please don't post images found on the web or post x-large images. This is for our own small remembrances here. And keep it peaceful please.

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:04 am   Reply with quote         

I'll go first with my thoughts....

My first trip to NYC was Nov 2000. The marquee at the Apollo theatre was welcoming president Clinton (he was moving to NYC). I took double decker bus tours all over, always on the open top for the best view and best photos, even if it was cold and windy up there. We traveled over to the world trade centers - no one wanted to stop there and being the only one on the top of the bus, i looked up at these two monster sized buildings wondering how to get a shot of them. So seeing no one else was up there. I leaned all the way back and got a great shot of the two towers. 8 months later they were gone, along with so very, very much more.
The next time there, I took my mom to see NYC and New England. We spent a week in NYC, taking all the double decker bus trips, only this time, the tour information was quite different. The sights forever altered. To hear the story told from someone who lived there and literally went past those towers several times daily was a very sad thing to listen to. We went to Liberty Island and looking back at the mainland, we imagined and remembered the smoked filled images of that view years ago. We went to see ground zero, but by that time (2004) it looked more like an empty construction site than the horror we watched on tv. We went to the old church across the street and saw posters from people around the nation, ribbons sent in from children, scuff marks on the back of the pews where weary rescuers had slept and scratched up the wood with equipment and boots. And we saw a small amount of photos and 'have you seen' flyers, momentos that would never be claimed again.
On 9/11 the world where I lived, was suddenly very quiet. Business phones didn't ring. Co-workers didn't talk. Work wasn't done. We brought in small tvs into the offices and we sat on the floor watching the news. I remember for so long, the tiny print scrolling across the bottom of the screen with updates. I still have emails from co-workers and family members, all of us locating each other and getting updates.
I remember feeling like I wanted to go to NYC to help and I remember watching people there trying desperately to help others - in particular, one guy just feeling so out of balance and filled with the urgency to help that his feet were slipping out of control as he was trying to get a case of bottled water to those that needed help.
I remember pain and silence and sadness and tears. And fear. And the need to display the American flag. Our stores were running out of flags as everyone wanted one. I printed one up at work and taped it up in my front window where it is still to this day. I remember people everywhere being quiet ... especially while driving. Not hearing loud radios or people ranting at each other. No rap music or bass vibrations.
I remember driving home and all the neighborhoods had candles burning in their driveways in remembrance.
I remember.

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 am   Reply with quote         

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:33 am   Reply with quote         

R.I.P To all the victims of 911. but im still very confused about what and who did this? there are to many holes and lies in the truth of what happened..

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the american government

Hope thay didnt die for some fucking cover up job

http://www.911truth.org/

charliesou

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:36 am   Reply with quote         

Starman wrote:
R.I.P To all the victims of 911. but im still very confused about what and who did this? there are to many holes and lies in the truth of what happened..

8 indestructable black boxes, and none survived..but a paper passport of one of the alleged hi-jackers fluttered down thru the inferno and landed at the feet of an FBI agent !
Lets not forget ,the 5 dancing Israeli's of course. When interviewd on Israeli tv they replied.." We were only there to document the event"..
Dont get me started on building 7.

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:12 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
Starman wrote:

8 indestructable black boxes, and none survived..but a paper passport of one of the alleged hi-jackers fluttered down thru the inferno and landed at the feet of an FBI agent !
Lets not forget ,the 5 dancing Israeli's of course. When interviewd on Israeli tv they replied.." We were only there to document the event"..

Laughing Laughing i know

supak0ma

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

Starman wrote:
charliesou wrote:
Starman wrote:

Laughing Laughing i know

there's inside job written all over it, poor fellas that died that day, poor families...look what you've done bastards.

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Show you remember....

• Visit theARTproject (artists respond to terrorism)
http://www.theartproject.net/index1.htm
click on the bottom image grid buttons to view more pages of art.

• Then create your own remembrance and post it here. Create an image or post your own photo. If you want, you can tell us what you remember - your thoughts, your feelings, where you were.

• Keep the images small, index card sized - 5 x 3 (or 3x5 if you wish, Caf!).

• Please don't post images found on the web or post x-large images. This is for our own small remembrances here. And keep it peaceful please.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - remembrances of 9/11 - Reply to topic