Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Square is being arrested!!!!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Square

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

See this lovely group of people? That's me, Square, peeking out from the back. This is a picture of myself with my coworkers, at a benefit walk to raise wareness (and money) for ovarian cancer.

I actually work as a nurse (someone must put up a few pics of me in "nurse" garb, please. I know people have them). We do try, at our office, to do good things in the community.

Most of you have probably heard of the Muscular Distrophy Association, and Jerry Lewis's Labor Day Telethon. They also host what they call MDA Lock-Up, and event where they show up at different people's place of employment and "arrest" them, all with the intent of that person raising "bail money" to get out of "jail".

Someone, I haven't figured out who yet, gave them my name.

It's for a great cause, so I've agreed to be arrested for the day. Technically it's only an hour, I think. And I get free lunch. There really isn't much of a downside for me here Smile

I'm asking for people to donate money, if you are able to. I'd LOVE to have bragging rights in Central New York for having the furthest away distancewise donation. This is the link to my personal fundraising page:

https://www.joinmda.org/MyLockup/MyHomepage/tabid/179671/Participant/squareeffects/Default.aspx

The goal, or bail as it were, is set at $1,600. I have two weeks. Please help! Otherwise I may have to stay away from the office ALL DAY!!!

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
YerPalAl

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I knew it would come to this one day, just don't fight the gendarmes and let your attorney get you out. lol

annajon

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Dear Square,

I can't spend any money outside my home these days, even had to give up my wine, so I can pay for the bustickets to get to work.

But, I did the next best thing, I put you on my facebook. I hope it will work for you. It is a rather nice initiative. Good luck girl.

Square

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Dear Square,

I can't spend any money outside my home these days, even had to give up my wine, so I can pay for the bustickets to get to work.

But, I did the next best thing, I put you on my facebook. I hope it will work for you. It is a rather nice initiative. Good luck girl.

THANKS!!! I REALLY appreciate the thought!! Very Happy You ROCK!!

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

ScionShade

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Still no like button. *sigh*
THROW AWAY TEH KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DANGEROUS PERSON HERE!!!!!!!!!

Square

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Still no like button. *sigh*
THROW AWAY TEH KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DANGEROUS PERSON HERE!!!!!!!!!

ha! says who?!?!? (Alan, keep your mouth shut!!!) Twisted Evil

TJ

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in.
Come on people.... Damn good cause here, so open up and do what you can. Smile

nat_g31

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing My old boss signed me up to get arrested for the day for MDA about 2 years ago. I met some good people and raised money but I would never do it again. LOL!

Good luck to you square!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
YerPalAl

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

I'm in and I posted your info on my facebook page as well.

Good luck Square. I love that you are doing this.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

Use your gratuitous cleavage shot as a donation reward. You'll make a fortune. Laughing

Square

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Use your gratuitous cleavage shot as a donation reward. You'll make a fortune. Laughing

I would, but everyone's seen it already! I could post it as incentive......

Thank you for the donations everyone!!! I'm more than 10% to the goal already!!!

Square

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

so, I'm being arrested tomorrow. I'm so greatful for all the PSC donations, I've gotten more through this site than anywhere else. You guys ROCK!!!

If anyone would like to donate on behalf of Jerry's Kids and the Muscular Dystropy Association, here is the link once again:

https://www.joinmda.org/MyLockup/MyHomepage/tabid/179671/Participant/squareeffects/Default.aspx

Thank you again!!!
~~Square
Cool

annajon

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Square wrote:
so, I'm being arrested tomorrow. I'm so greatful for all the PSC donations, I've gotten more through this site than anywhere else. You guys ROCK!!!

If anyone would like to donate on behalf of Jerry's Kids and the Muscular Dystropy Association, here is the link once again:

Thank you again!!!
~~Square
Cool

Have a nice day

ReyRey

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Square got arrested??? Good! About time they got that no good crook off the streets. I've always said she was a no good dirty.............wha??? I should read the post?? Let me see....hmmmmmm.
Nevermind. Shocked

Square

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Square got arrested??? Good! About time they got that no good crook off the streets. I've always said she was a no good dirty.............wha??? I should read the post?? Let me see....hmmmmmm.
Nevermind. Shocked

Sometimes it pays to pay attention..... Rolling Eyes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Square is being arrested!!!!!!! - Reply to topic