Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - More questions from the newbie - Reply to topic

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:31 am

I went to the help section before posting here about voting.
I saw the part about needing ten entries before being able to vote, thats a good rule and very understandable.
My question is this, it looks like you can vote on more than one entry in the same contest? Is that right?
Also, after my tenth entry, how do I vote? It looks like you click on the box or boxes that best describe how you feel about the photo, add a comment and submit?
How close to the mark am I on this one?
Thanks for the help.
I posted this last Sat, and like I said, I already tried the help section but there is some stuff not covered. Here's some questions and any help would be appreciated. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.
It looks like I get 25 votes per contest to vote with.
Can I give a photo more than one vote, for example, lets say I like this pic a little so I'll give it a vote for humor, but I like this pic a lot, so I'm going to give it five votes. Or, is it just one vote per pic?
I guess that's it for now, I just want to make sure I'm voting correctly.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Crazy Willie wrote:
Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:31 am

I went to the help section before posting here about voting.
I saw the part about needing ten entries before being able to vote, thats a good rule and very understandable.
My question is this, it looks like you can vote on more than one entry in the same contest? Is that right?
Also, after my tenth entry, how do I vote? It looks like you click on the box or boxes that best describe how you feel about the photo, add a comment and submit?
How close to the mark am I on this one?
Thanks for the help.
I posted this last Sat, and like I said, I already tried the help section but there is some stuff not covered. Here's some questions and any help would be appreciated. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.
It looks like I get 25 votes per contest to vote with.
Can I give a photo more than one vote, for example, lets say I like this pic a little so I'll give it a vote for humor, but I like this pic a lot, so I'm going to give it five votes. Or, is it just one vote per pic?
I guess that's it for now, I just want to make sure I'm voting correctly.

Sorry nobody answered. Busy time of year you know.

Anyway.... yes after 10 contest entries you get to vote in contests.

You get 25 entries per daily contest that you can give to the 25 entries you think deserve a nod. You don't have to use all 25 if you don't want to so don't feel pressured to do so. Vote how you want. Period. But you can only vote on a chop once. So 25 votes is 25 chops. Can't give more than one vote to a chop.

When you get the right to vote you'll see the voting form. It's pretty simple. You can, if you want, click the radio button for the attribute you like best about the chop. It defaults to "other" if you don't pick one. The system will only let you vote once per pic so you really can't mess it up other than hitting the "comment" button instead of the "vote" button. Cool

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

p.s. you will invariably post a thread with an idea on how to improve the voting system. And then you'll invariably get smart ass replies (I'll probably be responsible for at least one of them). Don't take them personal. Voting has been discussed a LOT in the boards. Do a quick search and you'll see (especially in the "brain storm" board).

blue_lurker

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

What we can vote now...when did that happen Wink

Martrex

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

Don't worry some people never vote for "nuttin!" But expect everyone to vote for them! I know odd concept.
And you can vote in every contest whether or not you are participating in it. Also feel free to comment or ask questions about things, techniques, styles, ideas, odd things added to images, shadows walking up behind you.
When the images start talking to you then you have moved up to the next tier, don't worry it will come. You'll never know why, but it will sneak up from behind and get you. Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

We were all normal once, honest.
Got to go time for my meds.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 am   Reply with quote         

If you EVER get a vote from bluefist then you have officially arrived and can therefore retire. Laughing

Hagen

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

You can only give one vote per chop...! Multivoting is not allowed unfortunately...! Hope this answer your question...! Wink

daniel.micu

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

U get a vote if U chop good!

If not U get a ... nothing Smile

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

no daniel.

a "..." is still a vote. It means you've left the voter speechless with how brilliant your entry was!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - More questions from the newbie - Reply to topic