Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - PLease remove - Reply to topic

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         


Please remove "First Gif" from the fire hose contest. Main reason would have to be because it's not moving.
I tell ya, I really busted my ass on this one too. It was 11 pictures, and the hose went all the way around it's holder. But it was too big, so I shrank the pictures and animated them again, still too big. So I started removing them until it would fit and wound up with a two picture entry titled Test.
How do you keep your gifs under 125 kbs?




TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         


try a white border around the animated part

the file size needs to at least be 500 x 350.
make that your white box, then make the animation smaller within that area. Should be able to work it out.

FYI: The entry is animated on my end.




annajon

Location: DEAD THREAD DUMPINGGROUND NEAR YOU

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         


Crazy Willie wrote:
Please remove "First Gif" from the fire hose contest. Main reason would have to be because it's not moving.
I tell ya, I really busted my ass on this one too. It was 11 pictures, and the hose went all the way around it's holder. But it was too big, so I shrank the pictures and animated them again, still too big. So I started removing them until it would fit and wound up with a two picture entry titled Test.
How do you keep your gifs under 125 kbs?


OK, here goes

Take a transparent background of the required size you are allowed to use. Then resize all 11 layers till they are small enough and center them in the background. Or put them in one corner, what ever floats your boat.

Go to the ImageReady (if you use Adobe) and make the gif in best quality.

Now see how much you need to loose to get down the 125 kb limit you need.

As long as you have the transparent background at the minimum size, you will be able to create a gif with more then 3 or 4 layers for sure.

Anna




Luxwiz

Location: Almuñecar.

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         


annajon wrote:
Crazy Willie wrote:
Please remove "First Gif" from the fire hose contest. Main reason would have to be because it's not moving.
I tell ya, I really busted my ass on this one too. It was 11 pictures, and the hose went all the way around it's holder. But it was too big, so I shrank the pictures and animated them again, still too big. So I started removing them until it would fit and wound up with a two picture entry titled Test.
How do you keep your gifs under 125 kbs?


OK, here goes

Take a transparent background of the required size you are allowed to use. Then resize all 11 layers till they are small enough and center them in the background. Or put them in one corner, what ever floats your boat.

Go to the ImageReady (if you use Adobe) and make the gif in best quality.

Now see how much you need to loose to get down the 125 kb limit you need.

As long as you have the transparent background at the minimum size, you will be able to create a gif with more then 3 or 4 layers for sure.

Anna


He's using GIMP anna and it has an automated optimze function so he can't control any optimizing parameters.You basically have to pre-calculate the gif to be under the limit by limiting the colours, no dithering etc.




annajon

Location: DEAD THREAD DUMPINGGROUND NEAR YOU

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         


Luxwiz wrote:
annajon wrote:
Crazy Willie wrote:
Please remove "First Gif" from the fire hose contest. Main reason would have to be because it's not moving.
I tell ya, I really busted my ass on this one too. It was 11 pictures, and the hose went all the way around it's holder. But it was too big, so I shrank the pictures and animated them again, still too big. So I started removing them until it would fit and wound up with a two picture entry titled Test.
How do you keep your gifs under 125 kbs?


OK, here goes

Take a transparent background of the required size you are allowed to use. Then resize all 11 layers till they are small enough and center them in the background. Or put them in one corner, what ever floats your boat.

Go to the ImageReady (if you use Adobe) and make the gif in best quality.

Now see how much you need to loose to get down the 125 kb limit you need.

As long as you have the transparent background at the minimum size, you will be able to create a gif with more then 3 or 4 layers for sure.

Anna


He's using GIMP anna and it has an automated optimze function so he can't control any optimizing parameters.You basically have to pre-calculate the gif to be under the limit by limiting the colours, no dithering etc.


Ah, that's a shame....




Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - PLease remove - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.