Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Video editing - Reply to topic

blue_lurker

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:15 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Guys n Girls,

I need ya help.

I have a dvd with a video of the companies structure on it, along with lots of other stuff.

The company has since changed hands and I need to remove the last few seconds of the video and replace it with the new companies logo and image.

I am not a video type person so any help, and lets keep it real simple for me ok.

Any click and drag programs would be cool and if you need the file just ask me I will be popping in a lot tonight.

Thanks for ya help

Blurker

JORDAN792

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:01 am   Reply with quote         

use windows movie maker... it's very easy to learn

seamusoisin

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

Try M.O.V.I.E

That's Midget Official Video Internet Editing.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
blue_lurker

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 am   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
use windows movie maker... it's very easy to learn

yep tried that but it wont let me edit in the middle of the movie for some reason

seamusoisin

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
glennhanna

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

Blue.... what's the time frame on this? Since it's a company DVD, the disc is probably free from copyright encryption, meaning you can save the disks info to your hard drive. I've got to go to work. It may just be easier to have me do it. Unfortunately, there really isn't an easy drop and drag method of doing this. You're going to need to convert the vob files back to MPEG2 files in the correct format... I think Australia uses PAL. Then convert it from MPEG2 to whatever format your video editing software uses..... Or use another program that transfers VOB files directly to the video editing software format. Then edit the video... then export it straight DVD video format and burn, but if it has menus, you need to author the DVD in a DVD authoring program, which is a hassle to learn.

I could do it for you... but I have to run right now. We could come up with a game plan on how to transfer Gigs of info online. I'd do it for free for you. gotta run....

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

try virtualdub...it's free and easy to use,especially for avi.Just load video and put markers where you want to clip then save rest of video using no processing video mode and direct stream audio and you have your cliped video.It's a snap.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Virtualdub

and virtualdubmod for mpeg2 editing (DVD Vob)

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/video_editing/virtualdubmod.cfm

blue_lurker

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Blue.... what's the time frame on this? Since it's a company DVD, the disc is probably free from copyright encryption, meaning you can save the disks info to your hard drive. I've got to go to work. It may just be easier to have me do it. Unfortunately, there really isn't an easy drop and drag method of doing this. You're going to need to convert the vob files back to MPEG2 files in the correct format... I think Australia uses PAL. Then convert it from MPEG2 to whatever format your video editing software uses..... Or use another program that transfers VOB files directly to the video editing software format. Then edit the video... then export it straight DVD video format and burn, but if it has menus, you need to author the DVD in a DVD authoring program, which is a hassle to learn.

I could do it for you... but I have to run right now. We could come up with a game plan on how to transfer Gigs of info online. I'd do it for free for you. gotta run....

Thanks for the offer mate but I need it for tomorrow
Short time line but it was dropped on us late this afternoon and I said I would have a crack at it.

So I will try the links that have been added and see where I go from there.

JORDAN792

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

blue have you tried playing in movie maker until it gets to the part you want to edit, and then clicking the split button on the lower right side of screen.... you should be able to split wherever you like and remove that clip and replace with new. Make sense?

blue_lurker

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
blue have you tried playing in movie maker until it gets to the part you want to edit, and then clicking the split button on the lower right side of screen.... you should be able to split wherever you like and remove that clip and replace with new. Make sense?

Yep tried that but it also cuts out the audio with it, I want to cut the video and keep the audio...looks like this link I have will do this so its looking good.

JORDAN792

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

if it doesnt work you can take a copy of the video and place it in the audio track and then mute your video track it should line up seamlessly.... hope you figure something out

blue_lurker

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
if it doesnt work you can take a copy of the video and place it in the audio track and then mute your video track it should line up seamlessly.... hope you figure something out

Ok could you explain that for me...its 10:30pm and I have been on the go since 5am...so Im a little foggy right now

blue_lurker

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

Ok got it sorted.
Used the link and then joined it all in Windows movie maker.

Thanks for all your help guys
I need to get some sleep now, heading out to the fires tomorrow to help out with the clean up, the office is shutting down for the day hence the need for that video thing.

Once again thanks PSC peeps, thats why I still come here even if I dont post all that often.

Luxwiz

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
JORDAN792 wrote:

Ok could you explain that for me...its 10:30pm and I have been on the go since 5am...so Im a little foggy right now

So as not to cut the audio with the video first you should separate the audio track and save as a wav file then insert it back into the timeline after editing the video (cutting out the old logo and image inserting the new ones).After you have the timeline resynched with your new video and your old audio recode back to mpeg2 in order to re-author & burn as a new DVD.

blue_lurker

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

Just to let you guys know. It all went well and I beleive the presentation was well received. Once more PSC has helped me out

Many Thanks

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Video editing - Reply to topic