Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Just a thought.... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

Ha! I forgot about the 1 - 10 fiasco!

What a silly nightmare that was. Laughing

An old saying that still holds true today...

"If it isn't broke.... don't fix it"

roger1

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
And quite frankly who really gives a flip? The only time votes make a lick of difference is in a prize contest. 9/10 those contests are much more fair when it comes to voting. This site used to be about learning and helping other like minded people. It has gotten way too deep into worrying about votes for my taste.

Even though I originally stated that I wasn't bringing the topic up as a complaint and that I loved the site the way it is, I kinda figured that the topic would get carried off in that direction. Once again, I had NO IDEA of the terrible history of this subject and thought (naively) that I had an original idea. All I wanted to accomplish was to hear other members' opinions on the subject..........and I got them. Shocked

The last thing I want to turn this forum into is a complaint factory. My original intention was to try to have normal relaxed brainstorm with other members and, instead, had my words misconstrued and accidentally re-opened some sore subject.

I'm going back to chopping. See ya....

TheShaman

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

no worries roger. wasn't really upset with you or anything...

its just this topic (and others like it) has been done to death.

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with all you said. I was only commenting on a system of voting because I saw this forum.I like the way this works, but, if someone is looking for suggestions I was trying to offer another way.

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Only way IMHO the voting field can be leveled is if no names are posted for entries.

Tesore

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Than we miss the comments and advice (and the jokes). After the contest nobody read it anymore. Gone and forgotten. And I will miss them for sure.

blue_lurker

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I had a horse...it was black and white...your all beating it...

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

For each contest, it would be nice to be able to vote for a single entry twice. Maybe they could put in a button that says "first place vote" that would give two votes instead of one, and then disappear after being used once in a contest.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 pm   Reply with quote         

put on your dancin shoes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
For each contest, it would be nice to be able to vote for a single entry twice. Maybe they could put in a button that says "first place vote" that would give two votes instead of one, and then disappear after being used once in a contest.

yeah that would never get abused...
Not saying you would DoaC... but come on, friendly voting is already a problem, now you want to give people the power to give one of their friends 2 votes?! Rolling Eyes Besides, just cause you think something is worth first place, doesn't mean I do.

if it means THAT much to you, just use one vote for your "first place entry" and don't vote on the other entries.

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Not saying you would DoaC... but come on, friendly voting is already a problem, now you want to give people the power to give one of their friends 2 votes?! Rolling Eyes Besides, just cause you think something is worth first place, doesn't mean I do.

if it means THAT much to you, just use one vote for your "first place entry" and don't vote on the other entries.

You would obviously use your first place vote on something else then, wouldn't you?

And this would be a damn depressing place if everyone would just give out a single vote...

TheShaman

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Exactly. But people will always abuse the system. Be it a 1 - 10 voting system or 25 friendly votes, or in this case giving someone 2 votes....This topic is so over done. Votes need to be this way, or that way, or lets do 1 vote or give out unlimited... I don't think your the first to ask for 2 votes for one entry either...

We all just need to deal with the fact that its never gonna be a perfect system, and what you or I may think should win, isn't always gonna. Darn art being subjective and all...

Personally, I don't like the idea of giving 2 votes to any one entry. And if it were an option, I'd probably abstain. It just seems wrong to me, that one persons opinion means more than the community as a whole. Like voting for the person you'd like to see be President twice. And besides, unless its for a prize... who really cares who wins? 9 times out of 10 in prize contests, the best in show wins anyway.

Final summation... Go vote for what you like and don't worry about what others like or dislike... If you like something so much, favorite it. For me, that means a whole hell of a lot more than if I get first place in a regular contest...

my inflated two pennies.

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Final summation... Go vote for what you like and don't worry about what others like or dislike... If you like something so much, favorite it. For me, that means a whole hell of a lot more than if I get first place in a regular contest...

Amen! Having something of yours added to somebody's favorite's list is an amazing achievement.

pepperbel

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
And quite frankly who really gives a flip? The only time votes make a lick of difference is in a prize contest. 9/10 those contests are much more fair when it comes to voting. This site used to be about learning and helping other like minded people. It has gotten way too deep into worrying about votes for my taste.

Completely agree. For me this site is more to fine tune my editing (which needs serious work) Rather than to sit and get the most votes, most importantly, YOU have to like your work...what does it matter what other people "vote" or don't? I mean sure it's nice to get feedback, but a vote isn't feedback, someone telling you what they think about the image is feedback.[/quote]

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
I had (sort of) the same idea long time ago... they lynched me Confused

Crying or Very sad

Poor Elephant Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Just a thought.... - Reply to topic