Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - OLDER THAN DIRT! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Oscar

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

No one likes a flashy design with all kinds of flash medial and all i'm not saying that, I hate things that are cluttered. We just need something to show up for... when someone googles " photoshop tutorials, contest " this site comes up along with many others we are on the second page of about " 49,400,000 results " and that's pretty damn impressive.

The thing is, the other sites look cooler, more up to date and definitely more colorful.

A good design doesn't mean we will lose the simplicity that we have, it only means that we have the sources people look for.

Take a look at our tutorials section, no one has added any competitive stuff there for a long time. There is been times when other members make killer tutorials and asked to be put in there to no use.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/

is a nice place to get some ideas of how things should flow on a site. We have one thing that many other sites don't have and that's the " contest part combined with the forum part " .

Just some points to take into consideration proc... that is if you want a competitive website and you want to grow the user base.

YerPalAl

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, this has been kicked around forever and its back again.

However, having said that, it seems there IS a correlation between the outdated design and lack of interest shown by so many old timers.

Maybe a new design might punch up a bit of interest in some old farts.

I'm just sayin'.

supak0ma

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

you're all forgetting that the bottom line always reads "money", so given the current recession, maybe proc doesn't have the possibility to make a site redesign, have you ever considered this?

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

The ratio of member-submitted site suggestions to implemented changes is roughly 800:0,
and yet people continue to put forth ideas.

Exactly how little does Proc have to do to convince you that this site is flawless?

Sure, there will always be the downers who'll point to the fact that contest submissions and votes are a tiny fraction of what they were a few short years ago.

And the fact that this site has been hemorrhaging talent.

And they'll look at what's become of the chat room and call it a deserted ghost town where a five word conversation takes place over the course of days.
Blah blah blah.

There's a saying in business that goes, "sometimes the best action is inaction".
Over the past few years, we've had the privilege of seeing that demonstrated to the fullest.

I, for one, have faith that any moment now, this tactic will start paying dividends and the site will turn around.

Until then, I've made sure to back up all of my work.

JORDAN792

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

can we make it resemble the PS interface so nobody can tell where the hell they are?

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes the site is simple, but it makes it very user friendly and easy to use. Some of those other sites make me almost have a seizure with all the crap on the home page. I can look at those confusing home pages for 5 minutes before I figure out where the hell i'm at.

Oscar

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 am   Reply with quote         

bottom line is that this site is dropping rankings now... it used to be up there with the most visited sites and now is bottom page on the second page.

Now, about the money... a new design would cost roughly not more than what this site is losing by not having more advantage members. Hire a guy off deviantArt, buy a predesign template.
DO SOMETHING!!!

DaVinci

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:01 am   Reply with quote         

Bottom line = STFUAC Laughing

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:18 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="Oscar"]bottom line is that this site is dropping rankings now... it used to be up there with the most visited sites and now is bottom page on the second page.

Now, about the money... a new design would cost roughly not more than what this site is losing by not having more advantage members. Hire a guy off deviantArt, buy a predesign template.
DO SOMETHING!!![/quotea]

For me the site looks oke. Easy to go through. nice design.
Call MB back and some others to put the quality of the shops to a better level.

seamusoisin

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 am   Reply with quote         

Everything has a life span and PSC is no exception. Desktop and laptop sales are being overtaken by smart devices, phones, tablets and whatever else that will be tomorrow's next digital innovation. I see many new members and less old members on the site so maybe people just move on and would move on no matter what.

A PSC App for tablets and phones that's the ticket! You know for the generation that has a limited attention span. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

BB Bryan wrote:

What is MB?
Is it the MooseBoys? scratch

Sh!Za

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

Im with oscar! nice organisation, nice structure, nice community... and an older than old design...

this is a creative side (art) and not a hospital homepage!

dont change the whole structure, just the design... Yes We Can ma little tea party!

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Sh!Za wrote:
Im with oscar! nice organisation, nice structure, nice community... and an older than old design...

this is a creative side (art) and not a hospital homepage!

dont change the whole structure, just the design... Yes We Can ma little tea party!

That's exactly what am saying...

ReinMan

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
BB Bryan wrote:

What is MB?
Is it the MooseBoys? scratch

Naw. That would be MBz. Cool

FYI to ALL:

I love this site as much now as I did a week ago. Very Happy

As Fred Schneider said once, a long time ago: "LOOK OUT FOR THAT BIKINI WHALE!!!!!!!!! "Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - OLDER THAN DIRT! - Reply to topic