Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Favorite Quotes... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

jcfreak6363

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Post your favorite quotes here if you're so inclined Wink Hopefully mine won't be the only ones. Here are a few:

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson

The obstacle is the path. ~Zen Proverb

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?" So I drank

the water. No more problem. ~Alexander Jodorowsky

Weak eyes are fondest of glittering objects. ~Thomas Carlyle

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal. ~Astrid Alauda

We become aware of the void as we fill it. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light? ~Maurice Freehill

One does what one is; one becomes what one does. ~Robert von Musil, Kleine Prosa

A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top. ~Author Unknown

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought. ~Matsuo Basho

http://psefx.wordpress.com/ http://imagedetailing.jimdo.com/
JORDAN792

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

"I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too" -Mitch Hedberg

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I have a favorite quote in my spam bar thing down below.

|
|
V

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Few are those that see with thier own eyes and feel with their own hearts. -Albert Einstien-

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup.

--H. L. Mencken

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

--H. L. Mencken

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

--H. L. Mencken

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

--Mark Twain

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

--Mark Twain

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.

--Mark Twain

Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.

--Mark Twain

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.

--Mark Twain

jcfreak6363

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Good ones guys. Keep em coming Wink

http://psefx.wordpress.com/ http://imagedetailing.jimdo.com/
JORDAN792

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I once saw a forklift lift a pallet of forks.... it was way too literal.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:34 pm   Reply with quote         

The more you complain, the longer god lets you live.

My aim is to keep this bathroom clean, your aim will help...

It's Monday morning, you missed yesterday, tomorrow's coming again, so fast it's already today

Don't follow in my footsteps, for I have stepped in something.

Shocked Look Out! Laughing that's always been a good one

And in what denominations would you like your bills... Very Happy

seelcraft

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
--Bertrand Russell

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

"If I were as beautiful as I am smart, I'd be dangerous!" -Joan S. Wells (my mom)

"If a person spells his name "x-y-z" and pronounces it "Smith," his name Smith, spelled x-y-z!" -Sallie W. Wells (my paternal grandmother, who was a case worker for Social Services)

"Everyone has some talent." -James "Jim" Wells IV (my dad, in reaction to a friend of mine showing off her bubble-blowing abilities)

"The only difference between a girl chewing gum and a cow chewing cud is the thoughtful expression on the cow's face!" -my mom, attributed to her grandmother

ScionShade

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:14 am   Reply with quote         

"Quotes used in a non-contextual relevance are raped of their intention" -Scionshade© 2k11

PS. It's been five years since the © at the bottom of this page has been updated. Dont' wanna rush anybody, but...seriously...comon.

anfa

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

I like anything Charlie Sheen says! Wink

“I am on a drug – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”

“I’m different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man.”

“If you borrowed my brain for five seconds, you’d be like, ‘Dude! Can’t handle it, unplug this bastard!’ It fires in a way that’s maybe not from, uh… this terrestrial realm.”

“The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards, all of them look like droopy-eyed, armless children.”

“I probably took more than anybody could survive. I was banging seven-gram rocks. Because that’s how I roll. I have one speed. I have one gear: Go.”

“I’m not bi-polar, I’m bi-winning. I win here and I win there.”

“It’s been a tsunami of media and I’ve been riding it on a mercury surfboard.”

“The only thing I’m addicted to right now is winning.”

“I’m tired of pretending I’m not special. I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total bitchin’ rock star from Mars.”

“People can’t figure me out, they can’t process me, I don’t expect them to. You can’t process me with the normal brain.”

“I’m an F-18, bro, and I will destroy you in the air and deploy my ordnance to the ground.”

“Dying is for fools, amateurs.”

“I’m not fair game. I’m not a soft target. It’s over. There’s a new sheriff in town. And he has an army of assassins.”

“I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words — imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists.”

“If you’re a part of my family, I will love you violently.”

“I’m not Thomas Jefferson, he was a pussy!”

“(CBS) picked a fight with a warlock.”

“[A.A.] was written for normal people, people that aren’t special. People that don’t have tiger blood, you know, Adonis DNA.”

“I’ve got a 10,000 year old brain and the boogers of a 7 year old.”

“I’m shakin’ a tree. I’m shakin’ all the trees. ”

[On why he's so quotable] “I’m grandiose. Because I live a grandiose life. I’m not aw shucks… because I’m gnarly.”

[On past prostitutes who've gone public with their Charlie Sheen stories] “Yeah, where is she now? She’s under a bridge.”

“What is so bad about being under bridges, anyway? Bridges should sue Anthony Keidis for defamation.”

[On being asked, 'Are you worth a hundred million dollars?'] “I think I’m worth over a 100 BILLION dollars, but that’s just on a cellular level.”

“I am battle tested bayonets”

“Resentments are the rocket fuel that lives in the tip of my saber.”

Sh!Za

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

very nice thread! thx vince!!!

here are my quotes:

"The difference between Stupidity and Genius is that Genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

"All i can do is be me, whoever that is." - Bob Dylan

"Who wants to interest, must provoke." - Salvador Dali

"The biggest crime of a musician is to play notes instead of making music." - Unknown

aaaaand of course the best:

|
|
|
V

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

By Albert Einstein

And he wasn't even a chopper scratch

anfa

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Favorite Quotes... - Reply to topic