Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - 2011 H2H Brackets & More Info - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

The 2011 Spring H2H Brackets are now available at:
http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/9/brackets/display.html
I have also uploaded an excel file with the exact seed numbers to my website. Some of you may want to try your hand a making a nice graphical bracket out of it, like some people have done in the past. I would, but have run out of time to work on it. Here's the link: http://www.billtvshow.com/public/psc/2011_h2h_seeding_final.xls

Withdrawals will not be considered at this point unless you find a suitable replacement (similar to lower pscore).
Please PM me with regards to this.

If you are matched up against another user in Round 1 (aka the Play-In Round), be here this Saturday, May 7th after 8am EST to download the source image. You must have your entry done and uploaded by Wednesday, May 11th at 8am EST. No late entries will be inserted into the contests, even in the case of double no shows, no exceptions. Voting will begin at that time (Wed 8am) and last until May 13th at 8am EST, at which point the winners will be revealed. If you win in Round 1, don't forget that Round 2 begins the next day, May 14th.
Also don't forget the entry guidelines: Submitted images must be equal or below 760x760 pixels, under 700Kb in size, and in Jpeg RGB format

If your opponent in round one is a green "Round Bye", then you have received a pass to the 2nd round and do not need to do an entry for Round 1. In your case, be back here on May 14th after 8am to download the 2nd round source.

The H2H follows the same format for each round:
Saturday 8am EST - Source Image Released
Wednesday 8am EST - Entry Deadline, Voting Opens
Friday 8am EST - Voting Closes, Round Winners Revealed

All of the seeding in the tourney was based on Pscore, with added bonuses for past tourney performance. From the field of 163, the play-in round consists of the 70 entrants with the lowest net score, with the top scoring 93 entrants receiving byes to the next round.

Some interesting storylines to note.

>the burning couch has not returned to defend his title this year and vokaris also has not returned, so neither of the finalists from last year are in the field.
>In fact, the only past champion in the field is jasper, who won the 2nd H2H in 2004.
>The field does contain 3 past Reunion winners: Claf, buglover, and anfa.
>The #1 overall seed is deshone, who had both the highest pscore and highest adjusted score after bonuses, due to 2 top 4 finishes in past H2H's.
>Because of the play-in round, this year's field is the largest ever, with 163 entrants.

Any other interesting storylines that you guys see?

Just one last note, have fun everyone. Chop with all your might and talent and keep a keen eye for detail when voting.
Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue May 03, 2011 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

So it's etched in stone! Sharpen your stylus' (or mice as the case may be) and lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!! Very Happy Shocked

Post Tue May 03, 2011 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Heh, this is gonna be awesome. I'm still no expert, but I've learned a couple new things since my last H2H. Of course, I've gone nearly two years without doing much chopping at all, so I am pretty rusty, most likely. I've been doing other projects, but they don't really relate to PSC-style chopping. This should be a great way to get back into the game. Very Happy

Post Tue May 03, 2011 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for the details BTV!

This should be interesting. Smile

glennhanna

Post Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank You!

TJ

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Well done BTV and Crew!!! Thanks for all you folks do for PSC.

This will be fun to watch and participate in. thumright

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Excellent work! thumleft Happy to see so many members returning for this.

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

If I read the bracket correctly (forgive me... H2H virgin) I got a first round bye?

If so, that's great. I'm guaranteed not to get eliminated in the first round. Cool

Of course...it looks like (again...if I am reading this correctly) Eve will be my second round opponent. I think I just got scared. Embarassed

Synthvet

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

annajon

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

We don't need to make one for the first round, but are we allowed to anyway?

I mean, for my portfolio?

Watch them Drift

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Sweet! Second seed in my Division. Looking back I would have never seen that coming.

Post Tue May 03, 2011 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked ..... 1st round = beginner vs professionals study vs bigsmurf ..... Doh!

crmzendrgone

Post Wed May 04, 2011 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

I am praying for a no show so that I can at least say I made it to the 2nd round. Cause I know I will definitely loose to Metallic.

Post Wed May 04, 2011 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

aman wrote:
Shocked ..... 1st round = beginner vs professionals study vs bigsmurf ..... Doh!

Bookworms versus Smurfs? Hmmm

Post Wed May 04, 2011 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

the best choppers are short and blue?

Thanks btv, I'm ready to do this after the bye week! Twisted Evil
I think i'm against neurotoxic first?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - 2011 H2H Brackets & More Info - Reply to topic