Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Vote For Keeping Thursday Anony-Moose 2 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Should we keep Thursday ANONYMOUS contest as well as new Tuesday Prize Contest?

YES

48%

48%

[ 26 ]

NO

31%

31%

[ 17 ]

Let's have NO anonymous contests

1%

1%

[ 1 ]

Let's have ALL anonymous contests

18%

18%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 54

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Today I'm the nastiest old fart (sorry seamus) and I totally disagree with all that was said in this thread! clown

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll try to provide some extra insight.

The main reason the prize contests were put on Tuesday is to hopefully pull in more participants and make those contests more visible to new and casual users, as those days (Tues - Thurs) tend to be the most active on the site.

The decision to keep only one anonymous day was based on the history of the site. Traditionally, the more anonymous the site has gotten, for whatever reason, the less the participation.

That said (counting the "all anonymous" votes into the "keep anonymous Thursday" votes), there's clearly a slant toward having a 2nd anonymous day [21 anon - 10 non anon currently].

I'm just wondering, amongst you all who voted for keeping anon Thursdays, does the day matter to you or are you simply wanting there to be two anonymous days? Would anyone have a legitimate objection to it being anonymous Friday instead? That way there wouldn't be two anonymous contests running at the same time. When the Tuesday prize contest ended on Friday morning, a new anonymous contest would open and run over the weekend. Obviously there won't be a consensus on this, but I'm not against the idea of supporting 2 anonymous days if that's what a reasonably clear majority wants.
blue_lurker

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Why not make the prize contest on Thursday that way its as it was and every one was happy, well no one was asking for more anoun contest as far as I remember...

(Que all the moans and groans about..I wanted more anoun contest people now Wink )

abraham

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

It's not question of how many anonymous contest in a week but I think some members just want a non prize anonymous contest along with the prize anonymous contest on Tuesday that's why they want to keep the anonymous Thursday.

To fix it, let's keep all anon on Thursday, some have prize some don't have. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay, I will go with Blue.

seelcraft

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Boo!

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

abraham wrote:
It's not question of how many anonymous contest in a week but I think some members just want a non prize anonymous contest along with the prize anonymous contest on Tuesday that's why they want to keep the anonymous Thursday.

To fix it, let's keep all anon on Thursday, some have prize some don't have. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay, I will go with Blue.

It's still a non-prize contest for all the losers in a prize contest.

TJ

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the Idea of 2 anonymous comps every week. Do the prize on Tuesday and keep Thursday as is.
Maybe if all goes well after a few months we can through in a couple more during the month??

Another idea would be keep the Thursday as is and do a couple Saturday anonymous Speed Chop Prize for the members here that don't have advantage the weekend to give it a go.

Just a couple ideas and happy to see the site going the right way.

annajon

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

Now that my W O R K starts at the same time the new competition days open... I can't play speed chop competitions anymore on weekdays. I do miss that. So Anon Weekends would be a good idea too.

glennhanna

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 am   Reply with quote         

I like the idea of the Prize contest on Tuesday. If in fact that Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday are the most active times for PSC, then that should maximize the casual vote potential of the Tuesday contest, and lessen the impact of hypothetical alias votes (and no, I don't have any aliases, shame on you for thinking so Razz ). If it were held on Thursday, votes on the last day would plummet... Members seem to disappear during the weekend.

supak0ma

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:15 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:

The decision to keep only one anonymous day was based on the history of the site. Traditionally, the more anonymous the site has gotten, for whatever reason, the less the participation.

because unless there's a prize involved anonymous is SOOO BORING! (at least for me Smile )

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 am   Reply with quote         

Listen very carefully, I'm only going to say this once:

I have no opinion

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am   Reply with quote         

BillyTVshew: good points there above. For me, it is about having MORE annonymous contests. Don't care when, really. In fact it is all that "strategizing for maximum vote effect" stuff that gives me a headache! drunken

For those of us who are not "amazing" choppers and basically just like to have fun hacking away here... votes don't really matter at the end of the day (since we don't get many in any event). Razz Wink

annajon

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
Listen very carefully, I'm only going to say this once:

I have no opinion

Stating that you are having no opinion ......... doesn't that count as having an opinion??? Mr. Green

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Stating that you are having no opinion ......... doesn't that count as having an opinion??? Mr. Green

If that's your opinion, that might be my opinion. But it's your opinion, and not my opinion. Not having an opinion does not count as having an opinion, that's my opinion on it anyway.

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I think it is great that the PrizeMindedPeople can have the new Tuesday $50$ contest. But I think we should NOT drop the Thursday "do it because it feels good" anonymous contests.

Vote ABOVE Rolling Eyes and let our new handlers know what we want, peeps!

reindeer
mmmm
hope i can speak as a new one, maybe the voting system can be like 10 9 8 7 points etc for a comp entrie is that an idea??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Vote For Keeping Thursday Anony-Moose 2 - Reply to topic