Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Steve Jobs resigns - Reply to topic

Martrex

Location: California

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         


Will Apple be able to stay at the top of the food chain with out his fore sight, and guts to try something new and unthought of? What do you guys think??




Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         


I hope so i have just got my 3rd iPhone was looking at the iMacs for the Photoshop stuff but decided that is was not really worth it as my new laptop is sufficient and already fast enough. I like apple hope they do well. I hope Tim Cook will have the pleasure of introducing the iPhone 5 (a.k.a 4S) hope he don't just sit there after that though. I still think Steve would have a bit of influence as "Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee". If it does go down the pan there are always Motorola, Samsung, HTC and Microsoft to take it's place.




Marx-Man

Location: The United Kingdom!

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         


Martrex wrote:
, and




_________________

Martrex

Location: California

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         


I've noticed when Steve was out for medical reasons prior to this the board of directors sat on their hands and waited for something new to appear on it's own. Which it didn't!
Jobs brought himself back into the picture and what appears new phone, new Ipad, and who knows what other ideas and projects were placed in the proverbial oven. But if they don't fly on their own the people at Apple are going to sit and sink.
There is rumor that Steve selected his replacement, but will the substructure running Apple simply accept that, or will they fight it?
People forget that Jobs was kicked out of his own company once. Then they asked him to return after they wallowed in their own self doubt and lack of imagination, as the company faced rumors of it's own demise for how long?

Okay putting soap box back into closet! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy




Martrex

Location: California

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         


wap2k wrote:
i hope so i have just got my 3rd i-phone was looking at the i-macs for the Photoshop stuff. I like apple hope they do well.


The New I-pones are coming out in the next few months, in time for xmas shopping! Laughing Laughing




Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 pm   Reply with quote         


Martrex wrote:
wap2k wrote:
i hope so i have just got my 3rd i-phone was looking at the i-macs for the Photoshop stuff. I like apple hope they do well.


The New I-pones are coming out in the next few months, in time for xmas shopping! Laughing Laughing


Yeah tell me about it they need to slow down . My current phone will do till next year . iOS 5 to look forward to in the meanwhile.




Sh!Za

Location: Right here

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:31 am   Reply with quote         


never ever apple! sooo many bugs (i phone4)! and then you pay just for the name... borders on criminality...

I see samsung on the top of the food chain the next years (for example the galaxy)! Im using samsung technology for 5 years and I never had any problems with it. a friend is getting now his third Iphone within 1 month because of technical probs... this I call quality Wink




_________________
When I walk across the water, then my critics say, he can't even swim!
Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:57 am   Reply with quote         


As Martex pointed out Steve was kicked out of the company once, in 1983. And return to the company in 1997, when Apple bought out NeXT, the company made by Steve during the late 80's after he left Apple.

He eventually became CEO in that year and through the years, made the company profitable again.

Perhaps with Steve now out of the picture for good, we'll see better products coming out of Apple, at cheaper prices, that work. Or perhaps another 90's, where they produce a silly line of products and almost become bankrupt because of it.




_________________

bud1121

Location: Massachusetts

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 am   Reply with quote         


Sh!Za wrote:
never ever apple! sooo many bugs (i phone4)! and then you pay just for the name... borders on criminality...

I see samsung on the top of the food chain the next years (for example the galaxy)! Im using samsung technology for 5 years and I never had any problems with it. a friend is getting now his third Iphone within 1 month because of technical probs... this I call quality Wink


i agree i have a samsung phone tv's and Tablet and i have never had a problem with any of the above i do not own 1 apple product but my friend has an i phone that he has replaced 3 times and his internet is slower than mine i have metro pcs and he has at&t and my phone internet beats his 9 out of 10 times




TJ

Location: Utah, USA

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes


sent by my iPhone




Tommeken

Location: Belgium

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 am   Reply with quote         


bud1121 wrote:
Sh!Za wrote:
never ever apple! sooo many bugs (i phone4)! and then you pay just for the name... borders on criminality...

I see samsung on the top of the food chain the next years (for example the galaxy)! Im using samsung technology for 5 years and I never had any problems with it. a friend is getting now his third Iphone within 1 month because of technical probs... this I call quality Wink


i agree i have a samsung phone tv's and Tablet and i have never had a problem with any of the above i do not own 1 apple product but my friend has an i phone that he has replaced 3 times and his internet is slower than mine i have metro pcs and he has at&t and my phone internet beats his 9 out of 10 times


for phone's i love samsung but i always have bad luck with them...most of the time it freezes or crashes ....so no more samsung for me Sad




_________________

the burning couch

Location: I don't know, but it sure is dark in here

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         




*!*




_________________
Half of writing history is hiding the truth.~ Mal

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Steve Jobs resigns - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.