Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - I beg your pardon - Reply to topic

arcaico

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

meanwhile in a chat room...

Sh!Za said: Im with anna, big mouth and nothin changin'... if in my beginnings here on PSC, people like Paola, anna, scott, hagen, marco and so on... had say everything you do is crap, I probably wouldnt stay here anymore and I wouldnt be on that photochop level. because of that arrogance, the situation changed to what it is now... ohh Im in the hall of fame, ohhh Im here since 2002 WHO CARES?

dont talk, enter a chop and show what you can! thx guys

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

kinetic_be

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Mixed feelings: Telling it's good while it isn't won't make you improve.
Telling it's crap while it's not good is honest, depending on the willingness that chopper is willing to improve.
Me for example, I get some motivation out of votes from Bill, Rey, Claf, Supa, etc... If they vote, it means I made something decent. A good idea would be to stick on that level and try to improve from there on.
Marco for example (and I have nothing against Marco) would vote for basicly anything. The good and the bad, telling that it's good. The ones who took notice, are basicly on the same level, even after all these years.

So I rather hear the plain truth, otherwise I won't learn a single thing.

izzy999

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Honestly I want honesty. There r ppl in here who are awesome at what they do abd ne advice given is good advice. I don't think ne one is trying to be mean when they offer suggestions. I think their only trying to help. Just being here for a few short months I have already felt myself improve and my confidence go up.

Ppl can feel free to be brutely honest with me because ne feedback is good feedback. I taught myself ps and am very proud of how far I've come in the short amount of time I've been doing this. But there is a lot of things I know I need to improve on and a lot I have yet to learn. I thank everyone in here especially those who have been here for a long time and for those who are phenominal at what they do. It is those ppl who inspire me and keep me wanting to do something I enjoy

Meta Version

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Not sure about comments, but the current voting system on this site is flawed! This may not have been the case over previous years, but is certainly the case, at present.

You can deny it all you want, but there is a tactical element at play, here. Not via everyone, but via a few. Shouldn't be the case, but it's true. Is this perhaps why the number of subs is steadily decreasing! Or perhaps that''s just due to a lack of inspiring source imagery. I don't know.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

anfa

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Death to teh N00Bs! lulz

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Not sure about comments, but the current voting system on this site is flawed! This may not have been the case over previous years, but is certainly the case, at present.

You can deny it all you want, but there is a tactical element at play, here. Not via everyone, but via a few. Shouldn't be the case, but it's true. Is this perhaps why the number of subs is steadily decreasing! Or perhaps that''s just due to a lack of inspiring source imagery. I don't know.

Only time will tell, I suppose.
voting was, is and will always be flawed. No matter what, where or who. It's a dead horse

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Death to teh N00Bs! lulz

and HAR! @ Arc quoting chat shite. Razz

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
anfa wrote:
Death to teh N00Bs! lulz

and HAR! @ Arc quoting chat shite. Razz

it was funny chat shite though... he dared the wrong guy...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ReinMan

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

"I beg your pardon"

I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN.

Sh!Za

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
meanwhile in a chat room...

Sh!Za said: Im with anna, big mouth and nothin changin'... if in my beginnings here on PSC, people like Paola, anna, scott, hagen, marco and so on... had say everything you do is crap, I probably wouldnt stay here anymore and I wouldnt be on that photochop level. because of that arrogance, the situation changed to what it is now... ohh Im in the hall of fame, ohhh Im here since 2002 WHO CARES?

dont talk, enter a chop and show what you can! thx guys

congratulation, nice entry, first step done! hope you know, who provoked you to that work. Wink Bow

but thats not the point... its always easy, to dominate his own opinion, with some old members in back! I think there are lots of members, who share my opinion, but they dont have the ass in their pants to support it.
and thats the real problem... the "friendly vote system"

most important thing on this website is your own image! you get votes for your person and not for your chop... if you are always friendly and say: "nice" it hails votes, if you are honestly, you have no chance!

that doesnt mean, you have to be offensive or somthin else, just a to be honestly and write a constructive criticm! thats my only request

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Sh!Za wrote:
if you are always friendly and say: "nice" it hails votes, if you are honestly, you have no chance!

pardon my intrusion, but to see this being connected to arcaico made me Laughing a bit

carry on Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I've always agreed with what Sh!Za is saying....but also know I'm here for fun. I have seen sub-par chops get tons of votes while some that are "better" get a lot less....but personally, I don't care. If you were to take a chop that would get 5 votes 1 day and put it under a different "known" name another day, it would change the votes.....but if that's how I, or someone else sees the site, then you roll with it or leave. I'm not good at PS, and presumably never will be. I chop for myself. If I get 3 votes on something that took me 4 hours, and win on something that took me no time at all....maybe it's a bit disappointing in a way....but that's how it works.

And getting votes with or without criticism is fine to me. I have never had anyone give advice or criticism that I didn't already know beforehand. If someone says "nice" and the shadows are screwed, I already know that. If someone says "the shadows suck, jackass"....I already know that. In my opinion, if you can't tell on your own what is wrong with your chop, you have a problem.

And if you look at your point the other way.... wouldn't it no longer be your own image if you altered it due to what someone else suggested? In theory, If you post a chop...you are done with it. If you change something because of criticism....then it starts to become partly someone elses idea. Update if you want on your own concerns, but updating because some one told you to add.change/fix something....seems pointless.

Other then personal addiction to this site and the people here....there's nothing holding anyone here against their will...

arcaico

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
Sh!Za wrote:
if you are always friendly and say: "nice" it hails votes, if you are honestly, you have no chance!

pardon my intrusion, but to see this being connected to arcaico made me Laughing a bit

carry on Rolling Eyes

yeah... I was wondering... it was an anonimous contest... how am I supposed to get friendly votes anyway? and besides... WHEN am I friendly anyway??? Just doesn't make sense...

now... the ones you mentioned, marco, Paola, anna... they have a slightly different vote count in anonimous contests... well, except for marco, that used to whore his anonimous entry everywhere...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - I beg your pardon - Reply to topic