Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Bumblebat removal - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

arcaico

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

To all my fellow PSCers: I just want to let you know that I asked the mods to remove my entry from the Batmobile contest.

Fact is, if you check your entries, there's a share button in the bottom right, that allows you to share your entry via facebook, twitter, etc. Most of my friends at facebook appreciate my work and are not even registered at PSC. Still, I have quite a few that are registered to PSC and entitled to vote. But from these friends, only a few still come to PSC to vote and post. And these few, already check the contests regularly.

I did indeed share my entry at facebook. There was no "vote for me" appealing on it. I shared it because it took me 5+ hours to do it, and it was a kickass piece of work. As most of you, I do like compliments and comments on my work. It makes you feel satisfied for what you do. Still, someone considered it cheating in a prize contest. Literally, it might be. Not practically though, hence the already stated facts.

I come here to say my intention was not cheating, and that's why I asked for its removal. I didn't think it was really gonna be a problem, but if people think I'd win because I cheated, then I rather withdraw from it.

Thanks and sorry for any incovenience.

arc

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

anfa

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

It's a shame you got it pulled. I love this chop!

Zoeon

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry to see such a good entrie is gone

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I feel like you used a function of the website. Not cheating. Now... Should it be an option to share via whatever in a prize contest? Probably not. But until it's not an option I don't see how it can be considered cheating.

Sjitske

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Yup nice chop! and otherwise they should remove the 'share button' from anonymous contest when it's not allowed Smile

arcaico

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I feel like you used a function of the website. Not cheating. Now... Should it be an option to share via whatever in a prize contest? Probably not. But until it's not an option I don't see how it can be considered cheating.

I feel the same, Trey... I didn't share it to ask for votes... but once there was a complain about it, I decided to withdraw. Don't want people saying I won it because I cheated.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Tad

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Quitter....

Wink

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

I feel the same, Trey... I didn't share it to ask for votes... but once there was a complain about it, I decided to withdraw. Don't want people saying I won it because I cheated.

Haters hate. Fuck 'em.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:14 am   Reply with quote         

I don't think it's cheating but you could've waited 3 days before "sharing" your art.

geesh, have your brother toss ya a vote. Razz

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

Is this the new theme for potential winners?
The Troll Force is strong with the mods!
Don't talk about contests until they are over... Adds button to advertise chops during contests.
HERP DERP

I say bring back arcs chop and fix your own damn site!

Sure it's anonymous but what steps other than soft banning things and hiding names have you put in place?

It seems very sloppy to half arse an anonymous contest.
And in any case with unwritten rules it becomes very easy for a new member (experienced or not) to break any unwritten rules and be met with a mod message to remove their hard work.

Put it like this Arc is a regular, how would it look to a new member spending 5+ hours to have their chance for a prize removed because of an unwritten rule, and a mechanic that is inbuilt into the site that makes the breach of said unwritten rule?
A waste of time...
A joke?
Something to learn from?
Any number of things to be frank who is to say others would be as sporting as Arc about it?

WRITE YOUR F∈CKING RULES DOWN AND LINK TO THEM!
Then act on them, I have been saying this for ages!

Here is a written rule for that mod to read...
"Q: What kinds of behaviors could lead to me being banned from the site?
A: While we don't like to ban people from the site, occasionally there are times when we feel it is in the best interest of the community. In general, users are banned for behavior that consistently tears down the community rather than build it up."

Consistently acting on an unwritten rule, that disables a user from advertising their work to potential fans that may wish to join the community...
Ban yourself Laughing

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

xyloz wrote:
I say bring back arcs chop and fix your own damn site!

Arc's chop was not deleted directly because of his use of the share button.
We were responding to a legitimate author request for removal:
arcaico wrote:
To all my fellow PSCers: I just want to let you know that I asked the mods to remove my entry from the Batmobile contest.

That's not to say this incident won't cause things to be changed on the entry pages or spelled out more clearly in the Rules.
arcaico

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

xyloz wrote:
...and be met with a mod message to remove their hard work...

That wasn't a mod decision... I contacted them and requested the entry to be removed. Just to clarify the removal wasn't enforced.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

jasper

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

nice chop arc. i admire your self-imposed removal. next time, don't forget that it's an anon contest Wink

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

xyloz wrote:
WRITE YOUR F∈CKING RULES DOWN AND LINK TO THEM!
Then act on them, I have been saying this for ages!

probably no one actually reads them... but there are quite a few written rules and have been there "for ages".

http://photoshopcontest.com/faq/help.html
(they should probably be updated to include anon contest rules)

Razz

arcaico

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
nice chop arc. i admire your self-imposed removal. next time, don't forget that it's an anon contest Wink

I didn't forget... I just didn't think it was gonna be a problem to share it with people that are not even registered to PSC. If I was indeed cheating, I'd be leading by 50 or so votes, wouldn't I? Not likely, once I had 26 votes by the time I withdrawed...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Bumblebat removal - Reply to topic