Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Bumblebat removal - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

xyloz wrote:
lololololol

Formal Response Part 1:
TutorMe wrote:
Haters hate. Fuck 'em.

Formal Response Part Dos:
Next time you want to troll (and we all know it won't be long...) it may be helpful to actually read and comprehend the post you're responding to. Another tip... When writing novels on forums it's usually considered good etiquette to offer a tl;dr version.

Tl;dr: lol

Marx-Man

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

So much for keeping quiet.
bsoholic wrote:
xyloz wrote:
WRITE YOUR F∈CKING RULES DOWN AND LINK TO THEM!
Then act on them, I have been saying this for ages!

probably no one actually reads them... but there are quite a few written rules and have been there "for ages".

Razz

There are no explicit written rules about not advertising who you are in the anonymous contests in the rules section.[b]

Thanks for linking to it, that was an excercise in "Did not do the research"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DidNotDoTheResearch

That section is more like a Q and A and it doesn't cover revealing yourself in an anonymous contest.

In fact there's no rule about actually using the source in your chop, how about that for a slice of wtf.

There's an oblique reference but not an explicit statement that: you must use the source.

Seems a bit odd tbh.

jasper

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:13 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
jasper wrote:
nice chop arc. i admire your self-imposed removal. next time, don't forget that it's an anon contest Wink

I didn't forget... I just didn't think it was gonna be a problem to share it with people that are not even registered to PSC. If I was indeed cheating, I'd be leading by 50 or so votes, wouldn't I? Not likely, once I had 26 votes by the time I withdrawed...

dude - I wouldn't sweat it. you're a great chopper none-the-less, and I don't think it's cheating - nor do I think you had any malice of forethought. I'm sure all the n00bs pm each other for votes anyhow. (jk!)

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Marx

bsoholic wrote:

http://photoshopcontest.com/faq/help.html
(they should probably be updated to include anon contest rules)

Razz

Yes, you are right about it being more Q & A...

They should be updated.

jasper

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:

In fact there's no rule about actually using the source in your chop, how about that for a slice of wtf.

There's an oblique reference but not an explicit statement that: you must use the source.

Seems a bit odd tbh.[/b]

you don't need to use source in your chop. there are several examples of winning images that don't use any source - yet use the source as more of a template and call on the 'spirit' of the source.

rules schmools anyhow - i prefer a gentler, kinder, more funnerer, psc.

Sh!Za

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

#what a masterplan! all that stupid guys think you are jesus now! congratulations!
Very HappyVery Happy damn, this action has been so fu**in planned, like a wedding!!!

the real problem is, that you cried like a little pussy, when TJ had talked about an open contest, and now you do the same!

arcaico wrote:
TJ wrote:
I know we don't talk about open comps

If you know that, you shouldn't do it...

can someone lock this thread for 2 days?

so administrator, please lock this thread and open it later again... thx!

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Sh!Za wrote:
#what a masterplan! all that stupid guys think you are jesus now! congratulations!
Very HappyVery Happy damn, this action has been so fu**in planned, like a wedding!!!

the real problem is, that you cried like a little pussy, when TJ had talked about an open contest, and now you do the same!

arcaico wrote:
TJ wrote:
I know we don't talk about open comps

If you know that, you shouldn't do it...

can someone lock this thread for 2 days?

so administrator, please lock this thread and open it later again... thx!

we're discussing an entry that is not in any contest... how is this supposed to be discussing an open contest???

you confuse me...

And yes... I plan everyday ways of losing money. You're right, Einstein...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Marx-Man

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
Marx-Man wrote:

Seems a bit odd tbh.[/b]

you don't need to use source in your chop. there are several examples of winning images that don't use any source - yet use the source as more of a template and call on the 'spirit' of the source.

rules schmools anyhow - i prefer a gentler, kinder, more funnerer, psc.

Like I need an example of an entry that doesn't use any source, I only painted the worm chop last week ya know. Razz

jasper

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:

Like I need an example of an entry that doesn't use any source, I only painted the worm chop last week ya know. Razz

*ahem* I did say WINNING images, didn't I? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marx-Man

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

E-Gad

Tad

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

xyloz wrote:
I

Consistently acting on an unwritten rule, that disables a user from advertising their work to potential fans that may wish to join the community...
Ban yourself Laughing

"What are the rules for anonymous contests?

Anonymous contests are the same as other daily contests, except that the identities of both authors and voters are hidden. In anonymous contests, you must maintain the anonymity of your entry both on and off site until the contest is over. Your entry itself, its title, and/or its description should not reveal who you are and any links you provide in the description (i.e. a link to your external sources) should also maintain that anonymity. Any comments you make in the contest should follow suit. Additionally, you should not attempt to share entries (for the purpose of securing votes or not) outside of PSC during anonymous contests, as this could reveal your identity to potential voters. Any evidence of an infraction of these rules may lead to the removal of your entry, at the discretion of site admin and moderators."

Marx-Man wrote:

[b]There are no explicit written rules about not advertising who you are in the anonymous contests in the rules section.[b]

Was the rules updates since you posted?

arcaico

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah Tad... but these rules were posted TODAY, as well as the share button was removed from anonymous contests...

edit: oh... I see you edited your post... what happened to the "I didn't have time to use huge letters to highlight the rule?" part of it?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Tad wrote:
Was the rules updates since you posted?

Help page was slightly revised and some updates took place to the faq this morning (10am GMT+1 zone).

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

xyloz wrote:

Prior to august 2011 you've made 10 forum posts, none of them even mention the slightest thing about the rules

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
xyloz wrote:

Prior to august 2011 you've made 10 forum posts, none of them even mention the slightest thing about the rules

he said he's been saying it, not writing it... Twisted Evil

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Bumblebat removal - Reply to topic