Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Bumblebat removal - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

jaw2785

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Grefix wrote:
xyloz wrote:

WRITE YOUR F∈CKING RULES DOWN AND LINK TO THEM!
Then act on them, I have been saying this for ages!

Prior to august 2011 you've made 10 forum posts, none of them even mention the slightest thing about the rules

he said he's been saying it, not writing it... Twisted Evil

It's a fantastic chop and your sense of fair play and honesty just shows you have more class than most.
You surely would have won the comp, but 50 Paypal bucks ain't worth your self respect.

Tad

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
yeah Tad... but these rules were posted TODAY, as well as the share button was removed from anonymous contests...

edit: oh... I see you edited your post... what happened to the "I didn't have time to use huge letters to highlight the rule?" part of it?

It was actually more along the lines of "Sorry if those are big words, I didn't have time to make you a pop-up book"...... but I thought maybe the rules were updated and didn't want to look like an ass.

Thanks for bringing it up!

Razz

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
xyloz wrote:

WRITE YOUR F∈CKING RULES DOWN AND LINK TO THEM!
Then act on them, I have been saying this for ages!

Prior to august 2011 you've made 10 forum posts, none of them even mention the slightest thing about the rules

I'm not paid to fix other peoples mistakes.
There is a laundry list of errors to fix in any number of sites I am neither a mod or an admin and doubt I ever would be on this site.

But if you must know.
Rules:
Rules should be a headline topic on the top next to contest!
Where everyone can see, not a link, inside a link, inside the FAQ section at the bottom of the page out the way.
They need to have clear numbered points, with alpha numeric subheadings for moderator referencing when there is a breach.
In this set up: Number/Letter/Roman Numeral E.G.
a
i
ii
iii
b
c

a
b
c
i
ii
etc

This is a structure that can be followed by any monkey and is in fact in use in courts across the world for example here is a quick one I have set up just now:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms of service: Copyright
a: A users art work is regarded as a collaboration by PSC and the user(s) who contributed to each individual piece of art.
b: As such PSC recognises the users rights under international copyright law and will take reasonable action against a breach of copyright
c: PSC also recognises a users submitted art is wholly owned by the user, however, retains the right to utilise submitted entries for advertising purposes only

a: PSC recognises it's responsibility to protect all of it's members rights, reasonable action via means of investigation, negotiation and mitigation will ensure that PSC does it's part to help protect it's users rights.
b:As such PSC will take any reasonable action in it's power as an entity to support a user in a claim for breach of copyright. Including but not limited to:
i)Providing evidence of upload and authorship
ii)Providing a copy of the terms of service
iii)Representation in cases of mitigation and negotiation if necessary by either fellow members, administrators or moderators.

(Note this states that a user owns their work and are protects against infringer's and that the community will support each other in breaches of a users rights)

Rules:
Anonymous contests
1:
a: Users must not;
i) Identify themselves
ii) any other user
iii) Leave negative comments about a user or their art without the intent of constructive criticism
b: If a user enters an anonymous contest their work is still subject to protection under the Terms of service in subsection 1a-c
c: Anonymous contests are to be seen as voluntary there is no way staff of PSC can enforce a strict no communications policy, however, it would be seen as unreasonable if a user was to break the spirit of an anonymous contest as entry is voluntary by breaking 1a then a moderator can take the following action as stipulated in section 2.

2:
a: As a result of a breach of Rule 1 PSC and it's moderators or administrators reserve the right to take reasonable action to maintain the spirit of an anonymous contest.
b:In the case of a user identifying themselves;
i) Image removal
ii) 1 week contest ban in the case of no image to remove (voting and commenting enabled)
iii)2 week prize contest ban in the case of no image to remove (voting and commenting enabled)
ii)Vote blocking on their work, anonymity status relinquished for the user on all works.
iv)1 week advantage deactivation
c: In the case of identifying others in any context:
i)1 week contest ban for all contests (voting and commenting enabled)
ii)2 week ban for prize contests only (voting and commenting enabled)
iii)1 week advantage deactivation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Etc

Terms of service
A way of referencing a users rights to his or her image
A crystal clear copyright support policy that allows users to sue infringer's for taking their Chops and using them for profit.

(ReyRey would probably benefit off this the most as most of his work ends up nicked)

It's referable in any court and enables PSC to be a hub for the users while still withholding basic usage rights to any image for the purpose of advertising the site in good faith, as a result PSC and it's members can get the protection and support of each other under section 2

This is a fundamental structure.
For example if someone was to break a rule a mod can state thus:

Dear ______ you have breached Rule 1a(i) under subheading Anonymous Contests
As a moderator under Rule 2a
I am requested by PSC terms to take reasonable action to uphold the spirit of the contest and therefore request you choose from one of the following options
i) Image removal
ii) 1 week contest ban in the case of no image to remove (voting and commenting enabled)
iii)2 week prize contest ban in the case of no image to remove (voting and commenting enabled)
iv)1 week advantage deactivation
Thank you PSC team.

TBH these rules are made up but you get the gist.

The site layout needs to cater for the rules, so that newbies can see them.
FAQs should be for tutorials and guides and tool tips and navigation issues not the rules and terms of service.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Bumblebat removal - Reply to topic