Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - why changing everything when I'm editing a GIF ? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

irgum

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

why?
I change something and a random frame changing something absolutely different. I use a lot of layers and I use for one frame just one copy of the layers but I lost the lots of layers when doing this trouble. How can I make GIF easier ?

Luxwiz

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
why?
I change something and a random frame changing something absolutely different. I use a lot of layers and I use for one frame just one copy of the layers but I lost the lots of layers when doing this trouble. How can I make GIF easier ?

¿why not? Laughing

irgum

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

hmmm....
thx a lot...

Martrex

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

DId you try using the tweens to smooth out transitions? Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
DId you try using the tweens to smooth out transitions? Very Happy

that's really help , Laughing Wink

irgum

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:38 am   Reply with quote         

Yep
I put in the Google translator and I was surprised when I read the result I thought it's mistranslates and I translated word to word but I recognized it is what was the first result
so I looking for now in the PS menu where is the "tweens to smooth out transitions" Very Happy

irgum

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

but really
I need help from a gif expert what can I do for easier gif editing because it's really irritating
can I lock a frame somehow? or have any some trick?

roger1

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:20 am   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
but really
I need help from a gif expert what can I do for easier gif editing because it's really irritating
can I lock a frame somehow? or have any some trick?

What do you mean by "lock a frame"? What exactly is the problem?

irgum

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:07 am   Reply with quote         

I mean "lock a frame" if I finished the editing a frame (I chosen what layers are visible and where) I say ok it's done and if I add a new layer an other frame don't add the finished frame too or any other changing don't show the finished frame

and my problem is: if I made an animation what it works and I want to change something usually change something else an other or a lot frames too

an example:when I made the carrots animation I add 2 layers to background at the 1st frame I wanted add all frame I have about 15 frames and added the all frame this 2 layers except the 12th where added 2 blank layers.Why?

Luxwiz

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
I mean "lock a frame" if I finished the editing a frame (I chosen what layers are visible and where) I say ok it's done and if I add a new layer an other frame don't add the finished frame too or any other changing don't show the finished frame

and my problem is: if I made an animation what it works and I want to change something usually change something else an other or a lot frames too

an example:when I made the carrots animation I add 2 layers to background at the 1st frame I wanted add all frame I have about 15 frames and added the all frame this 2 layers except the 12th where added 2 blank layers.Why?

Generally speaking in my experience making animated gifs (I used Image Ready in PS CS2) when you make a change in a frame (edit) in the middle of your animation (by making a change in some layer of your PSD file) you have to make the appropiate corrections to each of the subsequent frames in the rest of the animation (by making visible OR invisible different layers of your PSD file),until the final animation comes out the way you want it to look.That is why it is very important (if you want to save time) to have your concept very clear from the start and even make a proof on paper of the whole animation sequence (including all layers and which will be visble and which to turn off for each frame) before you make your PSD in photoshop.Hope I haven´t confused you more Wink

DaVinci

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 am   Reply with quote         

Are you using Photoshop "animation"? Go to menu / Window / Animation
It's an easy way to create gifs...

supak0ma

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:

click on the panel's options menu and untick "New layers visible in all frames", i'm not sure this is what you're looking for.

irgum

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Thx Supak0ma but it wasn't a big problem it was easy fix it
it was just an example the random working

roger1

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I think I understand your problem. Here are some tips that might help:
1. If you make a layer visible in the first frame, it automatically makes that layer visible in all frames. (So, for example, if you don't want that layer visible in frame #3 after you have made it visible in frame #1 then you have to highlight frame #3 in the animation window, highlight the layer and turn the visibility of that layer off)
2. If you move a layer in frame #1 then that layer is moved in all other frames. The best way to avoid this is to get the layer in frame #1 where you want it and then adjust that layer in all other frames)
3. If you create a new layer while in the middle of creating an animation, that layer will now be visible in all previous frames of animation (example: if you create a new layer while on frame #4 of an 8 frame animation, that layer is now visible in frames 1 through 4.
4. If you hide a layer while on frame #1 of the animation, that layer will disappear from all frames of the animation. You will then have to go back an make that layer visible or hidden in each other frame after frame #1)

My best advise: Create all of your layers before creating multiple frames of animation. Also, when positioning a layer, start with frame #1 and work your way towards the end of the animation, adjusting that layer in sequence.

I hope this helps. If not, feel free to send me a message or respond to this thread and I'll do my best to help.

Luxwiz

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
I think I understand your problem. Here are some tips that might help:
1. If you make a layer visible in the first frame, it automatically makes that layer visible in all frames. (So, for example, if you don't want that layer visible in frame #3 after you have made it visible in frame #1 then you have to highlight frame #3 in the animation window, highlight the layer and turn the visibility of that layer off)
2. If you move a layer in frame #1 then that layer is moved in all other frames. The best way to avoid this is to get the layer in frame #1 where you want it and then adjust that layer in all other frames)
3. If you create a new layer while in the middle of creating an animation, that layer will now be visible in all previous frames of animation (example: if you create a new layer while on frame #4 of an 8 frame animation, that layer is now visible in frames 1 through 4.
4. If you hide a layer while on frame #1 of the animation, that layer will disappear from all frames of the animation. You will then have to go back an make that layer visible or hidden in each other frame after frame #1)

My best advise: Create all of your layers before creating multiple frames of animation. Also, when positioning a layer, start with frame #1 and work your way towards the end of the animation, adjusting that layer in sequence.

I hope this helps. If not, feel free to send me a message or respond to this thread and I'll do my best to help.

Basically what I said above roger1...hope he understands it in your words. Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - why changing everything when I'm editing a GIF ? - Reply to topic