Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Prize Contests - Reply to topic

cringer8

Post Thu May 10, 2012 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it would be a good idea if no one knew which contests were prize contests until the contest was over. I believe it would help increase skillful entries in all contests. As it stands, many Advantage members focus almost all of their efforts on that one contest, while other contests are left practically barren. It would also make for a pleasant surprise, which is always nice Smile

*If this has already been discussed, I apologize and you're welcome to ignore this topic.

charliesou

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:01 am   Reply with quote         

I think its an idea worth considering.

TheShaman

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:34 am   Reply with quote         

Personally, I don't have time to do every single contest like I used to. So, I just pick and chose photos that I have a good idea for. I really don't care if its a prize contest or not. Though a few of the prize contest photos I did have an idea for. But I digress.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Personally, I don't have time to do every single contest like I used to. So, I just pick and chose photos that I have a good idea for. I really don't care if its a prize contest or not. Though a few of the prize contest photos I did have an idea for. But I digress.

I skip photos, too. I try to do one a night, but it's a bit much Smile

What about the "pleasant surprise" aspect? Wouldn't that make you happy; to see that you've not only won, but here's $50? Wink

Eepi

Post Fri May 11, 2012 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Apparently H2H is not a prize contest this year

taker

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it very good idea it will give the non advantage more chances to win in prize contest and BUY advantage .....

it can be speedchop or some thing like .that/. Smile

taker

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Eepi wrote:
Apparently H2H is not a prize contest this year

will i do not know about that but i think they will show us the prize after little bit of round .

BTW: wish me luck in round 1 . Laughing Laughing

TheShaman

Post Fri May 11, 2012 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

What about the "pleasant surprise" aspect? Wouldn't that make you happy; to see that you've not only won, but here's $50? Wink

only problem is that the "prize contests" are anon. If you want it random, every contest would need to be anon... Otherwise you could have problems with voting... either friendly... or yada yada.

Maybe just make it random days when prize contests come up and that would still be an anon contest? Or tie it in with 'speedchop' contest where everyone gets the source at the same time, yet still be anon....

drunken ugg. my brain. no work beer well without.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 5:59 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
cringer8 wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

only problem is that the "prize contests" are anon. If you want it random, every contest would need to be anon... Otherwise you could have problems with voting... either friendly... or yada yada.

Maybe just make it random days when prize contests come up and that would still be an anon contest? Or tie it in with 'speedchop' contest where everyone gets the source at the same time, yet still be anon....

drunken ugg. my brain. no work beer well without.

I think if no one knew whether or not a contest was a prize contest, it wouldn't need to be anonymous any longer. Unless shady voting is happening on the currently non-anonymous contests Shocked

There has to be a word for "non-anonymous...." My brain isn't working well, either.

cringer8

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Just to elaborate; I don't think there is a "problem" that needs fixing. I would just like to compete against some of the more skilled choppers on a regular basis Smile

I don't mind losing Wink

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
Just to elaborate; I don't think there is a "problem" that needs fixing.
pfiew

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I could care less about prizes. I compete for the learning experience. You get to see what people can do and recieve feedback. I think people that complain about bad entries are just snobs. But people that use constructive critisism are almost always appreciated.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Prize Contests - Reply to topic