Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - New type of contest - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

shane.e.randall

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont know if this idea has ever been presented. But has anybody ever thought of doing a contest (just one a month or whatever) where the source is presented, but also a criteria as to what to do with the source is also presented before. People could vote on execution mostly.

kittie

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

could be fun. Smile

TJ

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Kinda like the idea. I alway thought it would be cool to chop against other websites as a PSC team.

I know.......... Confused

anfa

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

That sounds like it would take the "imagination" factor out and it would only be about chopping ability. Sounds more like work than fun.

shane.e.randall

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
That sounds like it would take the "imagination" factor out and it would only be about chopping ability. Sounds more like work than fun.

Well that was kinda what I was thinking. Thats why I said just one contest like this a month or so. It would also take out part of the thinking of a creative idea aspect. Imagine this... The Source is a rabbit, the criteria is to make the rabbit murder the queen of hearts. Something like that, and you could use all your own externals.

TheShaman

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm   Reply with quote         

There used to be a 'seven deadly sins' Contest where we did a 'theme' using the already provided sources...

And you just had to put "sin" "lust" yada yada in the title

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Ahhhhh! That doesn't take out the "imagination thing". You could put your own interpretation on the suggested theme. I could go with that.

anfa

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
There used to be a 'seven deadly sins' Contest where we did a 'theme' using the already provided sources...

And you just had to put "sin" "lust" yada yada in the title

Yup, that as this sounds more like a forum game.

anfa

Post Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Or was that in the dailies like the other theme game? Not an official part of the contest but something some members where playing amongst themselves.

Martrex

Post Fri May 11, 2012 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Or was that in the dailies like the other theme game? Not an official part of the contest but something some members where playing amongst themselves.

Aren't all members playing with themselves??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

seelcraft

Post Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd like to see a Pure PS Technique contest, where the source, extras, and a good sketch of the final result are given! That would eliminate Creativity and Style, and leave competition on Technique only.
(I know I wouldn't come close to winning, but I'd learn a lot from my competitors, heh heh..)

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

yep. nothing more than members playing a side game in the dailies.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
I dont know if this idea has ever been presented. But has anybody ever thought of doing a contest (just one a month or whatever) where the source is presented, but also a criteria as to what to do with the source is also presented before. People could vote on execution mostly.

I would like that. I did a chop on a site once where the theme was "Give an animal bad teeth." It was fun. People came up with some wacky shit. No source image, though; pretty open-ended.

annajon

Post Sat May 12, 2012 5:29 am   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:

All for it. And I would love to have it regularly as well. All because of the chopping skills part of it. And even the creative part can be guided by offering suggestions for the background etc.

Why say that it is not creative enough, when people ask you for something in an entry? The interpretation of the assignment would be different in all contestants, would it not?

shane.e.randall

Post Sat May 12, 2012 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I'd like to see a Pure PS Technique contest, where the source, extras, and a good sketch of the final result are given! That would eliminate Creativity and Style, and leave competition on Technique only.
(I know I wouldn't come close to winning, but I'd learn a lot from my competitors, heh heh..)

I would like that too, it would be a learning experience.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - New type of contest - Reply to topic