Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - This site is way better than Worth1000 site. :) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

It is frustrating that you got exactly two entries disqualified and you instantly decide to quit the site. But okay, I won't nag you too long for it.

I'm new to the site too, so we can be newbies together. Welcome.

kinetic_be

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Crecia wrote:
I was once a member of Worth1000 site, a site similar to this one, and this is so much better. Worth1000 is an awful site. It is full of bad people. The admins and site runners disqualify pictures without a reason. Everybody was rude. And they wouldn't allow me to delete my account, so I HAD to purposely get banned..

.. Anyways thanks for being a good site. Smile

I really have to disagree with you here.

glennhanna

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's part of the email I got from them 9 years ago:

"Hi Glenn,

You uploaded an entry to our contests titled 'Store Trooper.'
It has been looked over by a moderator, who said:

Please read the faq (http://www.worthzero.com/faq.asp) before working hard
on an entry for Worth0, particularly the section entitled 'What is a
cliche and why isn't it allowed?' Your image contains material that is
listed as a banned cliche, and has been disqualified.

Star Wars is a banned cliche. Also, please refrain from commenting on
your votes in your comments.
"

They deleted the image, and I no longer have a copy of it. The source image looked something like this, but was more of a straight-on shot to the front of the building. I'll let your imagination figure out what I did with the building:

Werdnaibor

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:

Star Wars is a banned cliche. Also, please refrain from commenting on
your votes in your comments.[/i]"

Banned cliches? That place sounds ridiculously restrictive.

kittie

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:10 am   Reply with quote         

Geez, I just checked their rules. No thanks.

http://www.worth1000.com/faq#faq_cannotbeused

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:05 am   Reply with quote         

These two images of mine were disqualified from worth1000
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/269/88409746.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7956/wombatmonkey.jpg
I was furious when this happened. However, I continued to work hard, paid more attention to arena rules and some of my other works ended very high.
Truth is I started to compete here on PSC, moved on worth1000, then other sites. Currently I come here to rest sort of speaking, receive advice from people with fake accounts and of course to have a lots of fun. Both places (PSC and worth1000) are good to sharpen your skills. It just depends how much time you have on your disposal and how good you want to become.
P.S.
This image of mine was disqualified from pxleyes
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9662/monkeytrap.jpg
They are really anal about rules but I would not dare to say that they suck.

seamusoisin

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:48 am   Reply with quote         

I think I'll join Worth 1000. My first entry will be Britney Spears dancing with George Bush in front of the World Trade Center being attacked by the Millenium Falcon with a huge swatika on it. In the background I'll have a chorus line of bikini models disguised in a Osama Bin Laden beard eating Krispy Kreme donuts. I say always start off by pissing the mods off, let them know who's the boss and set them straight! Let them know that they are dealing with an artist that's not be trivialized with.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Tesore

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
I think I'll join Worth 1000. My first entry will be Britney Spears dancing with George Bush in front of the World Trade Center being attacked by the Millenium Falcon with a huge swatika on it. In the background I'll have a chorus line of bikini models disguised in a Osama Bin Laden beard eating Krispy Kreme donuts. I say always start off by pissing the mods off, let them know who's the boss and set them straight! Let them know that they are dealing with an artist that's not be trivialized with.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

TheShaman

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

See now, THIS is why PSC > Worthless. Laughing

seamusoisin wrote:

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

Does everyone really hate Worth1000 that much?

I don't see why one can't like both sites. It is true that Worth1000 has a list of clichés and that kind of stuff, but I don't see what harm it can do. After all, if it is there, it must be for a reason. I doubt that they arbitrarily chose a few terms and slapped them as a cliché list just because one afternoon they was bored.

Or maybe I arrived to this site at a bad time.

Zoeon

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:03 am   Reply with quote         

Gabler14 wrote:

I don't see why one can't like both sites. It is true that Worth1000 has a list of clichés and that kind of stuff, but I don't see what harm it can do. After all, if it is there, it must be for a reason. I doubt that they arbitrarily chose a few terms and slapped them as a cliché list just because one afternoon they was bored.

i dont think people hate it. I think the level is to high there comparing here, i think a handfull of people of this site can compete over there.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

Zoeon wrote:
Gabler14 wrote:

i dont think people hate it. I think the level is to high there comparing here, i think a handfull of people of this site can compete over there.

I concur salut

TheShaman

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

I think it boils down to just because you think its cliche doesn't mean everyone does.

If you don't like something here, or you think its cliche you simply don't vote for it.
It doesn't get removed just because a handful of people say they're tired of seeing that certain kind of chop.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

Yarilo wrote:
Zoeon wrote:
Gabler14 wrote:

I concur salut

As a new member here, I have no idea if the level and the quality of the images here is lower, equal or higher than in Worth1000, but the truth is that, at least in my case, the level of the images required isn't an important thing by the site.

I think the important thing in every site that is about creativity and fun with photoshop, photography and that type of artistic expressions, is the will to learn and improve. The competition and the level are something secondary, but it helps to get better every time. That is one of the things I like about Worth1000, it is that it has good quality images, and it makes me want to practice to be able to be as good as them.

I have been disqualified exactly thirty-four times in the years I have been there. I once got six entries in a row disqualified. I felt slightly frustrated at first, but after calming down, I saw exactly what I had done wrong, how I could improve and it helped. Now I haven't been disqualified in three years, and I have even won a few times. And I couldn't have done it if my terrible work wasn't disqualified. Maybe I could have, but I wouldn't have noted my mistakes as easily as I do now.

I plan to have a similar experience here, the experience of seeing how the other competitors do their images and how I can get better than them, to place higher and to be better as an artist. I'll start with a low profile, then slowly get better, because I swear that my abilities reset to zero every time I sign up to another site like Pxleyes, Worth1000 or PSC.

TL;DR I'm sorry if I said too much, but as somebody that is almost pathologically naive and pacifist, it is kind of frustrating to see discussions in a half-joke half-truth way, even if I know that maybe some of the members here doesn't really mean it. I just hope that everyone knows what they're talking about, and isn't just joining a bandwagon.

TheShaman wrote:
I think it boils down to just because you think its cliche doesn't mean everyone does.

If you don't like something here, or you think its cliche you simply don't vote for it.
It doesn't get removed just because a handful of people say they're tired of seeing that certain kind of chop.

That is one thing I already like about this site. That and being able to vote in four or five different categories in every contest.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - This site is way better than Worth1000 site. :) - Reply to topic