Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please stop this Cringer8 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Is this?

annoying

33%

33%

[ 12 ]

not annoying

66%

66%

[ 24 ]

Total Votes: 36

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Cringer,
Where the hell do you get off judging people on a contest-based website where entrants submit their work to be judged?

Who do you think you are, taking a close look at people's submission as if they were competing for your vote based on the quality of their work?

Get off your high horse and get with the program!

Here's some free advice:
See that large comment box below each submission that inexplicably allows you to enter as many as 255 characters?
Well the only characters you need to remember are "L.O.L".
Quick, easy, and a guaranteed vote in return.

kittie

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
Cringer,
Where the hell do you get off judging people on a contest-based website where entrants submit their work to be judged?

Who do you think you are, taking a close look at people's submission as if they were competing for your vote based on the quality of their work?

Here's some free advice:
See that large comment box below each submission that inexplicably allows you to enter as many as 255 characters?

LOL BADCOP, YOU'RE SO FUNNY AND SO IS ALL YOUR WORK

kittie

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

In seriousness, I just checked your portfolio. Holy PScore Batman!

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
well......I did like him until he said he understood Marx-man. Confused Now I don't know what to think. Shocked Laughing

Laughing
But you know what, this time Marx-man pointed out an interesting point. Fuck... I read his post... I read it all! Shocked

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

First of all, I'm going to pretend I didn't read the "in seriousness" part.

As for the PScore, you'll notice from my recent submissions that I've been working diligently and with great success to get that stat lowered.

It's a modesty thing.

cringer8

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
well......I did like him until he said he understood Marx-man. Confused Now I don't know what to think. Shocked Laughing

Sad I will do my best to win you back

badcop wrote:
Cringer,

Here's some free advice:

Laughing Sarcasm is another thing that is underappreciated around here Wink

kittie

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
kittie wrote:

First of all, I'm going to pretend I didn't read the "in seriousness" part.

As for the PScore, you'll notice from my recent submissions that I've been working diligently and with great success to get that stat lowered.

It's a modesty thing.

Isn't that sweet of you!

bigbuck

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Oh and I miss Patre. He was my favorite

Yep. Always went out of his way to say something nice about a chop, or to encourage people.
This was Pat in ONE contest Aug '06:

Terrific crop to a very strong foreground really strengthens this ingenious idea....
Easily falls into excellent rating in the humor,idea and execution categories. The image also conveys an "attitude" by the purse of the lips and the puff of the smoke ring. Nice work!!
I like the theme, setting and balanced composition.
Nice cleanup and original idea!
I really like the color and saturation work on the mask!!
I like the way you separated the source elements and blended them in a new setting to create an original collage..
I like your vector work ..
Maybe she is hoping he doesn't show up for the wedding...
Funny..And I like the liquefy and/or distort work on the girl's eyes and mouth. Facial expression matched the theme...
Interesting and unique idea, Marco...I also like the top down perspective...
Facial expression gives image an attitude that matches the theme.. Composition and setting work together to support the theme.
I especially like the design of this image and the artistic frills that attach to the note. The composition is striking and interesting.
Bravery, selfless Dedication or suicidal and/or any combination of other applicable adjectives... Interesting questions raised for me by this image..
Interesting shift of setting and theme...
I like the integration and the new background setting..
I like the theme and the added elements used to make it work...
An unusual idea that reflects a unique blending of duplicated source elements....
I like the cut and integration of the image elements..
I like the setting...
I like the idea and the Van Goghish style of the art imitating life painting...
Excellent cleanup!!!
Nice "chop"....
Funny...

I miss him too!

Micose

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi buddies !
kittie

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
Hi buddies !

Naiko! Hug

Square

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         

1st off, let me say YAY to a Monty Python reference!!! cheers

Come sit with me at the fire, little children, and I will tell you a tale. A tale of PSC, as it used to be known back when fireside chats and employees getting written up at work for engaging in PSC chat were common.

This discussion has been around since the start of PSC. It is like the seasons. Constantly repeating, some more intense than others, but always coming back around.

There will always be participants here that are here for the competition, and those that are here for the enjoyment of the chop, and all those in between. Also, and not necessarily coinciding, there are those that are here that can "take" constructive criticism and those that don't like it so much. Also again, there are those that give honest constructive criticism and those that are being over critical and have trouble giving tactful feedback. Again again, it's difficult at times to know who is doing what and where the threshold for all of this falls.

Ultimately, some people are going to have their feelings hurt. People are going to be more blunt than some can accept. It's damn near impossible to figure any of this out without actually spending a ton of time getting to know the entrants and their entries and their contest history and their reaction to comments, positive or otherwise.

This site offers voluntary participation, on all accounts. I would hope that those that are more sensitive to others' opinions say so on their entries. Also, I would hope that those that would like to offer hints/tips/suggestions/etc send the author of a post a PM in lieu of a public comment, when there is any question of the author's reception of what they would like to say. The proverbial happy medium is guided primarily by conscience, in my experience.

I think the general consensus is that it's impossible for every participant to be satisfied with their experience simultaneously. It's up to the individual participants to address their concerns (if they have them) with the person(s) they have concerns with. In my experience, one of the gems of this site is that it's a place to work to improve your PS skills. Not everyone is in agreement with this. And, that's okay. Really, it is. Don't feel insulted or put off if you are getting more 'negative' comments than positive ones. Not everyone who comments on your entry knows their asshole from a hole in the ground. Not everyone's opinion is worth reading. But some are. It's up to the author to determine their comfort and acceptance level. And it's also up to the commenter(s) to respect the feelings of the author. In the immortal words of Rodney King, can't we all just get along? No, of course we can't. Yet we soldier on in our own way.

And let me present my damn-near-all-time favorite Monty Python sketch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

GuidedByPandas wrote:

Finally, before I head off to do real work ensuring world peace - or is that securing obscene profits for my Overlords... I can never remember - I'll leave you with this apt gift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Have a groovy Sunday all!

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
ReyRey

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

You had me at hello.lol

Cartoon Contractor

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

Square wrote:
Not everyone who comments on your entry knows their asshole from a hole in the ground.

Funny you should say that! Just the other day I was walking around outside and I came across this hole in the ground and I said to myself "Isn't that my asshole?" Laughing Laughing

cringer8

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
Square wrote:
Not everyone who comments on your entry knows their asshole from a hole in the ground.

Funny you should say that! Just the other day I was walking around outside and I came across this hole in the ground and I said to myself "Isn't that my asshole?" Laughing Laughing

Don't feel bad CC; I once buried a dead cat in my asshole.

anfa

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

It's been suggested before that we should have different Photoshop Contests for different levels of skill.

I suggest we separate choppers into 2 types of contests:

1) Normal Photoshop Contests.
2) Photoshop Contests for whining little pussies that can't take criticism because they think they are better at Photoshop than what they actually are.

Note: I understand this will never work because the whining little pussies will want to be in the Normal Photoshop Contest because they think they are better at Photoshop than what they actually are.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Please stop this Cringer8 - Reply to topic