Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

kinetic_be

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
Clearly, you've spent too much time in Photoshop and not enough time in the real world. If you think I've been wrong, tell me why. If you're too stupid to think of a reason why, then shut you mouth.

You're a great chopper, but a brat if I've ever met one.

Look, it's not because I don't agree with you, that you should be calling me a brat, or stupid or whatever you think I am.
I've spent some time in Photoshop, yes. If you think I'm good, well thank you, but I don't think I am good.
But outside Photoshop I'm building up my own business which involves finances, management and constantly searching for better ways to improve my business. And I'm doing quite well.
So don't judge me, just because I don't agree with you!

You are asking me to tell you why I think you are wrong. I've wrote a whole lots of things why I think this website isn't attracting photoshoppers. I said I don't agree with you. Is that a crime? Does everyone needs to agree with you, if not, "shut their mouth', is what you tell them?
Your focus is on the source images. My focus is not on the source images, but on everything else I explained. So please, tell me, where did I NOT give a reason why?

Martrex

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Since no one seems to notice the voted on photos don't always show up to be worked on. I think they are going thru the motions but then not even using the ones selected. Surprised Surprised Surprised

shane.e.randall

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:

Yes! Shane has the answer!

What?!!! I thought I had the answer!! Evil or Very Mad Oh wait, prostitutes and gambling? What about lifting the restriction on booze? I concede.

Theres a restriction on booze..... Uh oh does Anfa know of this?

kittie

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:49 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:

Laughing I worded that poorly....age restriction! We need drunk childrens to unleash their creative potential. Laughing

Werdnaibor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Since no one seems to notice the voted on photos don't always show up to be worked on. I think they are going thru the motions but then not even using the ones selected. Surprised Surprised Surprised

I'll have to start paying attention. I often forget to vote on them.

Werdnaibor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
shane.e.randall wrote:

Laughing I worded that poorly....age restriction! We need drunk childrens to unleash their creative potential. Laughing

What about animals? Can I get my sister's dog liquored up and see what she comes up with it? I think it will kick the ass of any entry in my portfolio.

PotHed

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
PotHed wrote:
Clearly, you've spent too much time in Photoshop and not enough time in the real world. If you think I've been wrong, tell me why. If you're too stupid to think of a reason why, then shut you mouth.

You're a great chopper, but a brat if I've ever met one.

Look, it's not because I don't agree with you, that you should be calling me a brat, or stupid or whatever you think I am.
I've spent some time in Photoshop, yes. If you think I'm good, well thank you, but I don't think I am good.
But outside Photoshop I'm building up my own business which involves finances, management and constantly searching for better ways to improve my business. And I'm doing quite well.
So don't judge me, just because I don't agree with you!

You are asking me to tell you why I think you are wrong. I've wrote a whole lots of things why I think this website isn't attracting photoshoppers. I said I don't agree with you. Is that a crime? Does everyone needs to agree with you, if not, "shut their mouth', is what you tell them?
Your focus is on the source images. My focus is not on the source images, but on everything else I explained. So please, tell me, where did I NOT give a reason why?

I gave reasons for why the source images are the main problem, and you completely ignored them. The reasons you gave may very well be contributing to the problem, but you did not explain why they are a bigger problem than the source images.

And I believe I asked you a question about Worth1000.com that you haven't answered.

I didn't say you should shut your mouth if you don't agree with me. I said you should shut your mouth if you disagree AND DON'T PROVIDE A REASON

kittie

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:

What about animals? Can I get my sister's dog liquored up and see what she comes up with it? I think it will kick the ass of any entry in my portfolio.

Hell I don't discriminate Cool

Werdnaibor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:

And I believe I asked you a question about Worth1000.com that you haven't answered.

I glanced at Worth1000 just now. It looks like many of the contests are concept based, without source images, and they are repeated a lot.

kinetic_be

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
I gave reasons for why the source images are the main problem, and you completely ignored them. The reasons you gave may very well be contributing to the problem, but you did not explain why they are a bigger problem than the source images.

I didn't say you should shut your mouth if you don't agree with me. I said you should shut your mouth if you disagree AND DON'T PROVIDE A REASON

Ok, forget the part where I said I don't agree with you.
Let's just say that I shared my vision about what I think that could make this site better, not taking into account what your vision is. Would that make a difference so we can put this discussion behind us?
I mean, all I'm trying to do (just like you are) is finding ways to improve Photoshopcontest.com
By bitching at eachother, we're not really doing anything good and to be honest, been there, done that.. My life doesn't depend on it.

PotHed

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
PotHed wrote:

I glanced at Worth1000 just now. It looks like many of the contests are concept based, without source images, and they are repeated a lot.

There's both, and they allowed user submitted images, but I don't know if they vote them in or not.

kinetic_be

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:

It depends on what kind of contest. The regular contests for advanced and beginners, I'm not sure about. The HxH is usually chosen by the winner of the previous HxH in that category.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

As for the owners of the site?

http://www.expertrating.com/

Have fun.

No kidding. And, I'm no longer seeing a Graphic Design course being offered.

Quote:
View entire list of online courses
Personal Trainer Certification
Project Management Certification
Six Sigma Certification
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Master Black Belt Certification
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Lean Management Certification
First Aid Certification
CPR Certification
Weight Management Certification
Personal Trainer Certification (Spanish)
Yoga Certification
Aerobics Certification
Pilates Certification
Senior Fitness Certification
Medical Terminology Certification
Medical Coding Certification
Medical Billing Certification
Business Analyst Certification
Business Statistics Course
Statistics Course
SEO Certification
Online Digital Camera Photography Course & Certification
Online Business Writing Course & Certification
Baby Sitting Certification
Time Management Certification
Health Club Management Certification
Selling Skills Certification
Business Analysis Course
Master Trainer Certification
Total Quality Management Certification
Kaizen Certification
Creative Writing Certification
Computer Skills Certification
Online survey software

Small wonder why ppl are having a hard time collecting prize contests.

My best guess is pscbuzz is scrounging to find a buyer..........right now!

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Ok, forget the part where I said I don't agree with you.
Let's just say that I shared my vision about what I think that could make this site better, not taking into account what your vision is. Would that make a difference so we can put this discussion behind us?
I mean, all I'm trying to do (just like you are) is finding ways to improve Photoshopcontest.com
By bitching at eachother, we're not really doing anything good and to be honest, been there, done that.. My life doesn't depend on it.

That's fine. I don't have any problem with you personally, but when I put some time and consideration into an OP just to have it ignored so you can say your ideas too... It gets under my skin because that's how threads get hijacked. I'm glad you have ideas too, but I started this conversation to talk about my idea. If you can convince me that my idea sucks, great. I'm open to that, and at that time we can talk about your ideas. That's how a respectful, productive conversation works.

The flagship product of this site is the main contest. I doubt people are no longer participating in the main contest just because there aren't enough H2H contests, or aren't enough tutorials. More likely is that people aren't participating in the main contest because there's something wrong with the main contest.

Having 25 votes wasn't a big problem when there were 50 images to choose from. It only became a problem after participation dropped off, so that idea, while it is a problem now, isn't the cause of the problem, but it is a multiplier.

kinetic_be

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

My best guess is pscbuzz is scrounging to find a buyer..........right now!

I'm afraid you are right Sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic