Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 am   Reply with quote         






_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
blue_lurker

Location: Australia

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 am   Reply with quote         


At least I flog ma own dead horse




_________________

Werdnaibor

Location: Albany, NY

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:08 am   Reply with quote         


PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Participation has clearly been lacking on this site for a while now, and I can't speak for everybody, but for me, based on my experience and my observation, it can be attributed to the image selection.

You don't have to take my word for it, however. If you sift through the contest archives (you may have to manually input the page value into the address bar), you'll see that there was greater participation back when there was a greater diversity of images. That's not to say user images never made it into the mix, but they were chosen by the admins, sparingly without notice. When a user image did come up, it was like a surprise, manna from heaven.

YourTaxesAtWork AKA PotHed
est. 2003


Clearly I did take the time to read your original post. Tell me how you are not building an argument based on a correlation between participation and source image variety. I realize that you're tying it to the user selection of images, but that is weak and you have been challenged to support that theory. All I see is a series of tantrums. Granted it is entertaining, as evidenced by the number of people twisting your ear to hear you squeal.

Clearly you didn't read it if you didn't take from my argument that allowing voting diminishes variety.

He read it. He stated why he disagrees with you. Your argument is very weak. Your argument really depends on advantage members being different and not wanting variety for some reason, which makes no sense. No one gains an advantage based on the sources they vote for. You have terrible analogies that don't work. If anyone ever quit a game because of map choices, they too are pathetic whiners. Just switch lobbies, which would translate to just waiting for the next source. The game show analogy is bad because, again, there's no advantage gained from the type of source. You recently said something about no sources making people think outside of the box. You shouldn't rely on the source to that, you should do that with any image. If you can't, that's your problem. It would actually be a bad source that would force you to think outside of the box.




Werdnaibor

Location: Albany, NY

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 am   Reply with quote         


shane.e.randall wrote:
I figured out why participation has diminished.... Apparently there is this new drug on the streets called crack and everyone is smoking it all the time.. Leaves no time for Chopping

Shane has been spot on with every post in this thread.




TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 am   Reply with quote         


blue_lurker wrote:
At least I flog ma own dead horse






_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
Werdnaibor

Location: Albany, NY

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 am   Reply with quote         


TheShaman wrote:

That's pretty much the only type of post that should be seen in this thread now.




The-Masked-Layer

Location: White Noise

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:28 am   Reply with quote         


PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Participation has clearly been lacking on this site for a while now, and I can't speak for everybody, but for me, based on my experience and my observation, it can be attributed to the image selection.

You don't have to take my word for it, however. If you sift through the contest archives (you may have to manually input the page value into the address bar), you'll see that there was greater participation back when there was a greater diversity of images. That's not to say user images never made it into the mix, but they were chosen by the admins, sparingly without notice. When a user image did come up, it was like a surprise, manna from heaven.

YourTaxesAtWork AKA PotHed
est. 2003


Clearly I did take the time to read your original post. Tell me how you are not building an argument based on a correlation between participation and source image variety. I realize that you're tying it to the user selection of images, but that is weak and you have been challenged to support that theory. All I see is a series of tantrums. Granted it is entertaining, as evidenced by the number of people twisting your ear to hear you squeal.

Clearly you didn't read it if you didn't take from my argument that allowing voting diminishes variety.


Are you serious? How did you arrive at that conclusion? I am tempted to use the word "impossible." Could you clearly restate your findings? I may have missed that post. You have been very quick to dismiss any counterargument despite attempts to provide examples and/or data. To quote Monty Python, "An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Contradiction is the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." You're sitting back like you're holding a secret answer. This thread has gone on for far too long. Clearly you are not interested in listening to any opposing viewpoints. Why start the discussion? Finish it. State your hypothesis, provide some evidence, and lock it down with your conclusion. End of thread.




TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:39 am   Reply with quote         






_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:08 am   Reply with quote         


TheShaman wrote:
Doh!




Werdnaibor

Location: Albany, NY

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 am   Reply with quote         


The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Participation has clearly been lacking on this site for a while now, and I can't speak for everybody, but for me, based on my experience and my observation, it can be attributed to the image selection.

You don't have to take my word for it, however. If you sift through the contest archives (you may have to manually input the page value into the address bar), you'll see that there was greater participation back when there was a greater diversity of images. That's not to say user images never made it into the mix, but they were chosen by the admins, sparingly without notice. When a user image did come up, it was like a surprise, manna from heaven.

YourTaxesAtWork AKA PotHed
est. 2003


Clearly I did take the time to read your original post. Tell me how you are not building an argument based on a correlation between participation and source image variety. I realize that you're tying it to the user selection of images, but that is weak and you have been challenged to support that theory. All I see is a series of tantrums. Granted it is entertaining, as evidenced by the number of people twisting your ear to hear you squeal.

Clearly you didn't read it if you didn't take from my argument that allowing voting diminishes variety.


Are you serious? How did you arrive at that conclusion? I am tempted to use the word "impossible." Could you clearly restate your findings? I may have missed that post. You have been very quick to dismiss any counterargument despite attempts to provide examples and/or data. To quote Monty Python, "An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Contradiction is the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." You're sitting back like you're holding a secret answer. This thread has gone on for far too long. Clearly you are not interested in listening to any opposing viewpoints. Why start the discussion? Finish it. State your hypothesis, provide some evidence, and lock it down with your conclusion. End of thread.

Feels like this, right?

View youtube video





The-Masked-Layer

Location: White Noise

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 am   Reply with quote         


Lol!




rockyjob

Location: Anywhere but where I am.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         


Eve wrote:
Listen, things didn't go south by offering Advantage members the chance to vote for sources. It was the 30 days Advantage sources that soured things. Back in the day, before the demise of PSC, we were given 7 images with which to work.

23 additional sources ruint everything! Evil or Very Mad

Pothed, I'm guessing the changes in allowing Adv. members to vote for source images came about when Procyon was the owner. Ppl didn't like the bright white background, format, etc, etc. There were lots of forum threads...lots of differing ideas.

I've exceeded my thread wor

Why can't we have a vote to try this out? For 6 months or a year?




TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         


rockyjob wrote:
Eve wrote:
Listen, things didn't go south by offering Advantage members the chance to vote for sources. It was the 30 days Advantage sources that soured things. Back in the day, before the demise of PSC, we were given 7 images with which to work.

23 additional sources ruint everything! Evil or Very Mad


Why can't we have a vote to try this out? For 6 months or a year?


Hell, do it for a month... not like there are that many of us Advantage members actually pre-posting now....




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
PotHed

Location: San Antonio, Tx

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         


The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Participation has clearly been lacking on this site for a while now, and I can't speak for everybody, but for me, based on my experience and my observation, it can be attributed to the image selection.

You don't have to take my word for it, however. If you sift through the contest archives (you may have to manually input the page value into the address bar), you'll see that there was greater participation back when there was a greater diversity of images. That's not to say user images never made it into the mix, but they were chosen by the admins, sparingly without notice. When a user image did come up, it was like a surprise, manna from heaven.

YourTaxesAtWork AKA PotHed
est. 2003


Clearly I did take the time to read your original post. Tell me how you are not building an argument based on a correlation between participation and source image variety. I realize that you're tying it to the user selection of images, but that is weak and you have been challenged to support that theory. All I see is a series of tantrums. Granted it is entertaining, as evidenced by the number of people twisting your ear to hear you squeal.

Clearly you didn't read it if you didn't take from my argument that allowing voting diminishes variety.


Are you serious? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Read my OP and you'll know how.




The-Masked-Layer

Location: White Noise

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         


PotHed wrote:

Read my OP and you'll know how.


There is nothing there but speculation based on your own personal observations. Start a poll and maybe you'll have something.




Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com