Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

It's not like I don't have the creative energy. Rockstar Games just wrote an article about me and my work on their SocialClub site.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/37211/an-interview-with-crew-emblem-artistindemand-yourtaxesatwork

I also spend time enhancing photos for friends of mine.

And just random photos on the web.

I still spend a good portion of each day in Photoshop or in similar programs. And I still come to PSC first to see if there's an image I'd be interested in chopping. Trouble is, I'd rather do other things because the source images don't surprise me anymore. Same shit, different day.

anfa

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd like more pictures of random objects like this

or this

or this

or this

or this

or this

or this

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
Eve wrote:
Listen, things didn't go south by offering Advantage members the chance to vote for sources. It was the 30 days Advantage sources that soured things. Back in the day, before the demise of PSC, we were given 7 images with which to work.

23 additional sources ruint everything! Evil or Very Mad

Pothed, I'm guessing the changes in allowing Adv. members to vote for source images came about when Procyon was the owner. Ppl didn't like the bright white background, format, etc, etc. There were lots of forum threads...lots of differing ideas.

I've exceeded my thread wor

Why can't we have a vote to try this out? For 6 months or a year?
Any Advantage member can try this and see for herself/himself if it has any effect - edit your own profile (or click on your "Logged in as ..." user name at the top of the screen), scroll down until you see this, and select Old School Mode

Scroll all the way down and click "Submit"

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

What on earth is that?

anfa

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
anfa wrote:

What on earth is that?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
It's the base for Reinman's router if I remember right. I can remember PMing him to find out what it was. Laughing

rockyjob

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
Eve wrote:
Listen, things didn't go south by offering Advantage members the chance to vote for sources. It was the 30 days Advantage sources that soured things. Back in the day, before the demise of PSC, we were given 7 images with which to work.

23 additional sources ruint everything! Evil or Very Mad

Pothed, I'm guessing the changes in allowing Adv. members to vote for source images came about when Procyon was the owner. Ppl didn't like the bright white background, format, etc, etc. There were lots of forum threads...lots of differing ideas.

I've exceeded my thread wor

Why can't we have a vote to try this out? For 6 months or a year?
Any Advantage member can try this and see for herself/himself if it has any effect - edit your own profile (or click on your "Logged in as ..." user name at the top of the screen), scroll down until you see this, and select Old School Mode

That's cool, and I didn't know that, but I still think we should try out making it the default for everyone, without the 30 day option. I'm not sure that would help at all, but it might be worth a try, I'll certainly try it out myself. Thanks Voks

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
PotHed wrote:
anfa wrote:

What on earth is that?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
It's the base for Reinman's router if I remember right. I can remember PMing him to find out what it was. Laughing

I thought it was the world's chicest doorstop

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
anfa wrote:

What on earth is that?

HEY! I think we found something you'd chop! Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:58 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

SEE was that so hard pothed?

ask and you shall receive.

I'm going to be taking some more shots soon. I'll see what random shit I can come up with Tony Smile

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
It's not like I don't have the creative energy.

I still spend a good portion of each day in Photoshop or in similar programs. And I still come to PSC first to see if there's an image I'd be interested in chopping. Trouble is, I'd rather do other things because the source images don't surprise me anymore. Same shit, different day.

Wait? Life getting in the way? go figure?

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
anfa wrote:

I'm going to be taking some more shots soon. I'll see what random shit I can come up with Tony Smile

I'm on it too.... though, I think there may be a setback in the source queue. I have 9 or 10 sources that haven't been accepted/rejected/put in queue for a while now. I think Shaman broke it!

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
PotHed wrote:
It's not like I don't have the creative energy.

Wait? Life getting in the way? go figure?

How is that "life getting in the way?" If PSC weren't so boring now, I'd be chopping here. It's not like I have to do those emblems or have to chop my friends' pics. What do you expect of me? To get bored of PSC and just veg on my couch? No. I found more interesting things to do. They didn't "get in the way" of PSC.

More intellectual dishonesty. More reaching. More "I am your opposition, logic be damned."

PotHed

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:20 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
anfa wrote:

You're really an idiot. I've already responded to the "What would you like to see?" crap, several times. I've explained why it doesn't satisfy the larger problem. Anybody can post a few pictures that are interesting and don't perpetuate the problem of repetition, but that's not a long-term solution. This thread will die. People will move on. We will forget. We will go back to the same shit different day routine.

Pretending that I did not respond to the "What would you like to see?" argument in such a manner that explained why that wouldn't help is intellectual dishonesty, something you've become quite good at.

I would literally have to list everything other than what has already been done in order to make such a list. It's a lot easier to say "Not the same shit we keep getting." I could make a list of 100 random images, and they could all be used for the next 100 days. Then what? Then I have to supply another 100 images? Then another, then another? No. That's not a feasible solution. I know it, you know it. Pretending that you don't know it is dishonest.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:20 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

Thanks, Voks! thumright

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
PotHed wrote:

Read my OP and you'll know how.

There is nothing there but speculation based on your own personal observations. Start a poll and maybe you'll have something.

Yes, because starting a poll would get to the bottom of everything. Rolling Eyes

It would get you something other than your own inner dialogue. You have nothing right now. Other people's opinions can actually help you build a case. Perhaps you have realized that it would only hurt your case. As for the images, did you peruse Shutter Stock? What are you getting there that is different? It seems we'd have to genetically engineer a new species to please you.

Read my OP.

Well, you have a complete lack of self-awareness, and the debating skills of a child. I should have stayed out of this and spent more time chopping. It's fun. You should try it sometime. Goodbye.

Yes, you should have stayed out of this if you didn't have the energy to read the OP.

I can't believe I have to do this a second time. He read it. Nowhere in your original post is there an argument that links the voting to the repetitious (not even that repititious anyway) sources. He countered that concept with logic. You ignored it and pointed back to a nonexistent argument. You have no answer about why advantage members have some unique criteria for selecting sources. He showed what random stock photos would be like. You have no response for that either.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic