Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Source Collection - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Would you have any interest in participating in this source collection?

Yes, I'd like to contribute and end repetitive sources for contests.

61%

61%

[ 13 ]

No, I feel the sources are fine and don't want to waste my time.

23%

23%

[ 5 ]

I'm a mod, and I'd help with this.

4%

4%

[ 1 ]

I'm a mod, but I don't think this is a viable solution.

9%

9%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 21

blue_lurker

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
I had to vote for the second option, but I don't have the same view as the second part of it. Based on the behind the scenes look Blue Lurker gave, I think the system is fine, and this idea would be useful in increasing the existing variety. Go for it.

Right right.

I just want to throw out there to anyone who may misunderstand (not that you did)
that this is NOT meant to REPLACE the current system. It's just an addition to help create variety.

I'll just confirm that I didn't misunderstand, and I think it'll be a great addition.

I'll just confirm that I understand that you confirmed that you didn't misunderstand, and thank you for your support. Laughing

So let me get this right...if I understand the first part, do I need to confirm that I do undertstand...but if I dont understand the second part do I need to confirm that I dont understand...with respect to the support Kittie...a gentleman AWAYS supports 3/3rds of his weight with his arms...( come on work it out children) Rolling Eyes

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
I had to vote for the second option, but I don't have the same view as the second part of it. Based on the behind the scenes look Blue Lurker gave, I think the system is fine, and this idea would be useful in increasing the existing variety. Go for it.

Right right.

I just want to throw out there to anyone who may misunderstand (not that you did)
that this is NOT meant to REPLACE the current system. It's just an addition to help create variety.

I'll just confirm that I didn't misunderstand, and I think it'll be a great addition.

I'll just confirm that I understand that you confirmed that you didn't misunderstand, and thank you for your support. Laughing

So let me get this right...if I understand the first part, do I need to confirm that I do undertstand...but if I dont understand the second part do I need to confirm that I dont understand...with respect to the support Kittie...a gentleman AWAYS supports 3/3rds of his weight with his arms...( come on work it out children) Rolling Eyes

I understand this completely.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Confused

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Why are we replacing the current system? Confused

kittie

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:

Not replacing it at all.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="kittie"]
The-Masked-Layer wrote:

Not replacing it at all.[/quote

I was only joking.

On a serious note, I'm heading out on a week's vacation to D.C. today with 7 SD cards. I'll load up on a plethora of source images! Very Happy

kittie

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:28 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="The-Masked-Layer"]
kittie wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:

Not replacing it at all.[/quote

I was only joking.

On a serious note, I'm heading out on a week's vacation to D.C. today with 7 SD cards. I'll load up on a plethora of source images! Very Happy

I thought you might have been Wink
Cleared it up anyway in case someone new came in and decided not to read the rest of the thread.

My sister in law lives in Baltimore and always has interesting stories about things to see/do in DC. I'm sure you'll have some great images!

kittie

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 pm   Reply with quote         

So far about 41% of people don't think this is a good idea. However, the reactions in the thread only indicate that people would be for trying it.

I'd like to welcome anyone thinking this is a poor idea to tell me why, if even in a PM not to start any arguments in the thread. If it's a problem with PART of the idea, I'm completely open to working on it.

I just think that it would be fun as not only a mean to source variety, but also for community participation in a way that some may not have considered before.

Werdnaibor

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
So far about 41% of people don't think this is a good idea. However, the reactions in the thread only indicate that people would be for trying it.

I'd like to welcome anyone thinking this is a poor idea to tell me why, if even in a PM not to start any arguments in the thread. If it's a problem with PART of the idea, I'm completely open to working on it.

I just think that it would be fun as not only a mean to source variety, but also for community participation in a way that some may not have considered before.

Actually, it's only 31%, and you can factor me out of that because I do think it is a good idea, but I'm stuck in the second response. So it's down to about 23%. Not too shabby.

Edit: And I am just now realizing I misread the question and answered wrong anyway. Whoops. Move my vote over to "Yes" in your mind.

TheShaman

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I just took over 100 random photos to submit.
I'm currently going through them all...

Just gonna submit and hope for the best...

Hopefully some non-advantage members will take you up on this kittie

PS my rock owls (from my zoo trip) finally made it to the 30 day board.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 am   Reply with quote         

What happened to all the photos that were submitted to the H2H, I had some real good images there and they onlky used 3 in the H2h

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

I like just submitting without having to email someone Cool

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

What happens to the rejected images that dont receive enough votes to make it in the queue?
One thing that I think would be helpful would be a list of all the images that I have submitted, along with a list of those that were rejected, so I am less likely to accidentally resubmit the same one or something similar to it.

gramps

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
What happens to the rejected images that dont receive enough votes to make it in the queue?
One thing that I think would be helpful would be a list of all the images that I have submitted, along with a list of those that were rejected, so I am less likely to accidentally resubmit the same one or something similar to it.
[quote]

Quote:
Good idea! Maybe the reason for rejection could be listed too.

Smile

kittie

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:

I can't do anything about the ones rejected from the actual voting queue any more than I can now,
but I can certainly inform those who email me sources as to which ones are even being sent to be voted and which ones aren't.
As for those that won't be sent to voting, We could always upload them in a single place to be considered for games/contests later if you (or any others who submitted) wanted them to be used for other purposes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Source Collection - Reply to topic