Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - another new image - Reply to topic

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

hey guys i wish that you visit my DA page so that you can give me reviews
its a total new thing not what i hoped for yet it isnt bad since i gained some experience from it
here is the link http://killswitchengagex.deviantart.com/#/d5c9mw1

charliesou

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

qe ?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I think you want them to see your home page.
http://killswitchengagex.deviantart.com/

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

You just showing off your thing again? Remember last time you got arrested! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

no not my page its my new image called the crystal , the mage with the crystal in front
i couldnt show you here because someone i used his stock restricted the use of it outside da

anyway here you go

TheShaman

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 am   Reply with quote         

I like concept of this one...

One thing I noticed. The pillars behind the mage need to be lit up since the crystal is giving off so much light.
Also your mage should have some sort of shadow cast from that brightness in front of him no?

I kind of over did the brightening up of the pillars to show you... since I was working mostly with black, I didn't want to have to re-do it with all the detail that should be there. IF you saved an original pillar layer, before you darkened them, then this should be an easy fix.

Think of a bright light on the floor in the middle of a room. Would the walls be black surrounding it? Or would they be lit up by the light source?

You could always take a lamp and place it in the middle of your bedroom, remove the shade and see for yourself.

I also used a photo filter (cooling filter 82) set at 25% and then used a mask to only have it in the room, and not affecting the nature outside. This gave anything highlighted in the room a blue tint. The mage, the walls, the floor... Instead of the white you had. I did this because your light source is a blue crystal. Had it been red or yellow, I would have used those tints for my photo filter. Its a little step that not a lot of people do, but it brings all of your different sources together nicely using color correction.

Cheers

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:41 pm   Reply with quote         

thnx shaman i appreciate the effort and advices

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - another new image - Reply to topic