Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Nebula - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

hi so since i love space scenes i decided to create a nebula , of course i tried before but it was never that cool
anyway i came up with this it is not perfect it needs some experience and work but i will get to it sooner or later

seelcraft

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

The flares pointing out at right angles are caused by the telescope and must all have the same angle.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Gotta hand it to you Killswitch........ You have a talent and the drive.
Why not put your ideas and work in the daily comps? I like what I see here, but only two entries?

I'm just saying and don't get me wrong here, but I'd like to see more of what you have and with a source we all can relate too.

Smile

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 am   Reply with quote         

seelcraft wrote:
The flares pointing out at right angles are caused by the telescope and must all have the same angle.

thats a mistake i realised right now ty

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:55 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
Gotta hand it to you Killswitch........ You have a talent and the drive.
Why not put your ideas and work in the daily comps? I like what I see here, but only two entries?

I'm just saying and don't get me wrong here, but I'd like to see more of what you have and with a source we all can relate too.

Smile

thnx man i know i should work here too , but as i said before i am not motivated i rarely do that type of shop ou guys do here , like funny outrageous and you know not too surrealistic
but i cant work my minds of the many contests here , see when i saw the title of tamed horse i said good now i can do something cool i though of a real wild horse so i can transform it into and nightmare horse , you know the black horse with fire instead of hair but the source was a different thing Huh..

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

here is a new version of my nebula called " the heart of it all"

kinetic_be

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

It could use some more transparancy.

sonic3

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I think you have gone a little over the top with the effect.
This tutorial was a great help with a few of my own images, hope it helps Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZC89iZ1ixo

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:17 am   Reply with quote         

thats sounds interesting as a tutorial
thing is i have one laptop and a pc , i made the last nebula under the pc witch is darker than the laptop
thats why i have this bad effect at the middle cuz of the eraser

TheShaman

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

sometimes... Less is more

With space themes. I like to have an actual theme or a story...
Two that I've done outside of PSC

The hand and planet are obvious outside sources... the Nebula, was created entirely in photoshop.
Using regular brushes and a ton of smudging and blending using several layers set at different opacity

This one's one of my favorites. Here, the only outside source is the ship. The rest, including the planet was made in photoshop.

I've since done other space themes, but this was around 3-4 years ago when I was trying this stuff out. There are plenty of things I'd like to re-do in both... But for this thread, what I'm trying to show is sufficient.

If you have time, browse through my portfolio here, I've got a lot of space images. Most are done entirely in PS and are all sources.
one more I did for this place

Asteroid 3.141592653589
Here the planet and the asteroid were both built using the original source image, the rest is photoshop.

There are plenty of tutorials out there for doing Nebula's and Space images. I don't want to say yours is bad, but of the stuff you've showed us to date, this isn't that great. Looks like you used MS paint and didn't take any care to make anything other than blobs on a page using the track pad on your laptop. OR preset nebula brushes from DA and overlapped them using different colors. Find some of those tutorials and try out their suggestions. Some actually have you make your own brushes. Not a preset cookie cutter, this looks like the crab nebula ones... but actual brushes where you have to paint the nebula into shape. Using *gasp* your own imagination! I use some of those brushes to this day for other things like smoke and fog. Or when I'm in the mood to spend hours and hours on a space image.

One thing I LOVE about space images, is it allows you to use your imagination to build a story. Space is vast. Space can be dark and empty, BUT space can also be beautiful. The only limit, your imagination.

Cheers.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

This one only got 8 votes. I used the space shuttle Challenger explosion for the umbilical cord:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/149532/abort-mission.html

Sh!Za

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
This one only got 8 votes. I used the space shuttle Challenger explosion for the umbilical cord:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/149532/abort-mission.html

best this show! Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

hi guys
again not to mess up with another thread for the nebula thing
this is my latest new image

its wonderful i made it , i am off for another improvement
dont ask about the planet i was tired , so i made it in 10 min

also i made this yesterday

yea i know it was chaotic but the rainbow dawn i made today is making me proud Smile

TheShaman

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:03 am   Reply with quote         

I like the latest one a lot! (the one with the planet)
A much bigger improvement over your first two.

The only thing I'd fix is the colored stars. Should make most of those white. Some of the yellow ones are fine. even a few red would be OK. but the rest bring those to the front so that they're not under the colored layers

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 am   Reply with quote         

yepp it is indeed beautiful

but your not correct about the colored stars since space do have colored stars i know some of them aint beautiful but i was so tired to even try to make them perfect

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Nebula - Reply to topic