Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Prize Contests??? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

anabe

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Ha, and here I thought to approach "the powers that be" [pscbuzz] would be the direct and most correct approach! Start another thread that moderators don't even read? How long does it take to put money into a PayPal account?

blue_lurker

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
Ha, and here I thought to approach "the powers that be" [pscbuzz] would be the direct and most correct approach! Start another thread that moderators don't even read? How long does it take to put money into a PayPal account?

Wow just trying to help, you know what if you dont like the out come then dont enter contests with prises, problem solved.

Im frewakin feed up with all this bullshit complaining and negativity, time you lot just chilled out and enjoyed what most of you here get for free...and by the way the modes have no control on how this place runs other than keeping it on the web, its up to the owner, if not for the modes PSC would not even be running.

Ok my 2cents worth...off you go little girls and boys and have at me...it is becoming the standard practice for PSC members now days...

TJ

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
anabe wrote:

Wow just trying to help, you know what if you dont like the out come then dont enter contests with prises, problem solved.

Im frewakin feed up with all this bullshit complaining and negativity, time you lot just chilled out and enjoyed what most of you here get for free...and by the way the modes have no control on how this place runs other than keeping it on the web, its up to the owner, if not for the modes PSC would not even be running.

Ok my 2cents worth...off you go little girls and boys and have at me...it is becoming the standard practice for PSC members now days...

cheers
This is what I wanted to hear! Well said Blue and couldn't agree more.
I know I'm out way more bank on this site then I could ever win back in 50 years! It's about having a good time and learning.

Not just Photoshop learning, but real life stuff too.

Shit!......... does this make me a old timer?

Crying or Very sad

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
anabe wrote:

Wow!!! "All that negativity and complaining"?? I guess I should just be grateful and accepting...never mind principles or rules.
Thanks for the "help"! Rolling Eyes

anabe

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
anabe wrote:

cheers
This is what I wanted to hear! Well said Blue and couldn't agree more.
I know I'm out way more bank on this site then I could ever win back in 50 years! It's about having a good time and learning.

Not just Photoshop learning, but real life stuff too.

Shit!......... does this make me a old timer?

Crying or Very sad

Sorry, Todd, but I disagree completely. You know very well that I came here for learning and having fun, and I am grateful for the wonderful community here. But that doesn't mean that something as wrong as this particular issue should not be mentioned.
"Real life stuff" includes honoring a promise, an advertised prize bonus, and not ignoring those who deserved at least a follow up.
If they want to discontinue prize monies, I would still chop here.
To go with BL's meme, either advertise and honor your promise, or discontinue it by announcing the change. Exclamation
I'm sure you're familiar with that concept.

seelcraft

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
anabe wrote:

Wow!!! "All that negativity and complaining"?? I guess I should just be grateful and accepting...never mind principles or rules.
Thanks for the "help"! Rolling Eyes

There used to be a time when people played by the rules. And paid their debts. But I'm just an old fogey, and those times are gone.
"Cheating" is the new "honest".

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
Well, this seems to be an ongoing complaint.... Sad and it really should not happen! I also sent all the required information to pscbuzz, after the win on 10/12, got a really short reply about the PayPal ID [which had been included already], and now...nothing!! Same thing happened to another poster, she's been waiting for over a month. Crying or Very sad
Just sent all the info again, for today's win...I can only hope somebody steps in and clears up this mess! Sad

The site states $50.00 Prize money is paid to the winner of the tuesday comps.Failure to pay stated prizes is therefore going to unfairly disadvantage members who have earned their prize.Lack of response to PMs only exacabates matters with people feeling ignored.As it stands any member who has won a prize and has not been paid should recieve it as soon as possible to put an end to this stuation.If the owners of the site cant afford to pay the prize money for Tuesday comps it would be better they cancel the prize comps and save members from feeling dissapointed and ignored. In any business good communication skills and courtesy are important. Any continued lack of payment or response to members is not really acceptable. The management can resolve the issue by honouring payments or cancelling cash contests if they cant afford to fund them.Perhaps the moderators collectively should raise the issue with pcbuzz and either way try to put an end to the problem.

I personally dont want to see any of the many talented members fail to be rewarded for their efforts when it is stated a prize will be paid to them.The only thing that matters is doing the right thing.As the offer of cash prizes may encourage new members to join it's a double edged sword.Glad this problem is just related to a $50.00 prize imagine if you won the lottery and got no response and no prize money !!

fempie

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:52 am   Reply with quote         

I have been on this site for a long time and I have to say that I really liked the times where choppers could win sponsored prizes and it doesnn't cost the site any money.

I won a piece of software once and I can't tell you how thrilled I was to win that prize.
I would prefer this site offered such kind of prizes again (or actually sponsors do) or no prizes at all.

Maybe an idea to make a poll with the options: sponsors, money or no prizes at all.
If not for a correct poll, I would not even bother to offer money as an option.

My 2 cents I would invest in this:
Money often causes conflicts. Please let's get rid of this money price!

Tommeken

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

fempie wrote:
I have been on this site for a long time and I have to say that I really liked the times where choppers could win sponsored prizes and it doesnn't cost the site any money.

I won a piece of software once and I can't tell you how thrilled I was to win that prize.
I would prefer this site offered such kind of prizes again (or actually sponsors do) or no prizes at all.

Maybe an idea to make a poll with the options: sponsors, money or no prizes at all.
If not for a correct poll, I would not even bother to offer money as an option.

My 2 cents I would invest in this:
Money often causes conflicts. Please let's get rid of this money price!

problem is the same... who's gonna sent the objects to the winners?
there has to be someone that's in charge for that....and if it's the site owner me thinks there wont be much different

not that it does matter to me.. cause i never won a price contest :p

cringer8

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 am   Reply with quote         

When I won a prize contest, I donated it as an Advantage membership to another member. It went active the next day. Apparently, that is the fastest way to "get" your money Wink

kittie

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

For those who don't go to chat:

pscbuzz said: Hi all,
Because of some temporary issues with our PayPal account, some of the prize payments have been delayed & would be processed soon.
We would like to reassure you that we are committed to pay the prize money to all the prize winners.
cheers

pscbuzz
Site Moderator

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 am   Reply with quote         

Hi all,
Because of some temporary issues with our PayPal account, some of the prize payments have been delayed & would be processed soon.
We would like to reassure you that we are committed to pay the prize money to all the prize winners.

Thank you for your patience,
PSCBuzz

charliesou

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Paypal......Blarrgghhhh !
Twisted Evil

Tesore

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

DaVinci

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

I PM'ed PSC Buzz like 4-5 times...than I received my prize Very Happy

So hang in there!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Prize Contests??? - Reply to topic