Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - SCAVENGER HUNT 2012 STARTS NOW! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

nat_g31

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Trann wrote:
A random thought for the future: what if the judges spent their time evaluating pictures in order so that releases could be controlled rather than dumped as a whole?

For example, picture one is under consideration by the judges. Debate ensues. The length of time doesn't matter. A decision is reached.

The point values for the first picture by each team are locked in. All first pictures are then released without comment but the judges.

The pictures would then be in the public eye and give the community something to discuss without affecting the judging. It would keep interest high during the evaluation process until the winner is announced.

Granted, things may still be missed, but they'd be missed with the current format, too.

We can't judge chops until we have all submissions in front of us. Since most entries came in at the deadline judging went on for days past the final day of the scavenger hunt. If you ask me everything is going exactly as planned.

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Werdnaibor

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Trann wrote:
A random thought for the future: what if the judges spent their time evaluating pictures in order so that releases could be controlled rather than dumped as a whole?

For example, picture one is under consideration by the judges. Debate ensues. The length of time doesn't matter. A decision is reached.

The point values for the first picture by each team are locked in. All first pictures are then released without comment but the judges.

The pictures would then be in the public eye and give the community something to discuss without affecting the judging. It would keep interest high during the evaluation process until the winner is announced.

Granted, things may still be missed, but they'd be missed with the current format, too.

We can't judge chops until we have all submissions in front of us. Since most entries came in at the deadline judging went on for days past the final day of the scavenger hunt. If you ask me everything is going exactly as planned.

He meant after everything is submitted, I believe. Something like judging task 1, posting the entries without the voting information, judging task 2, then posting those entries without voting results, and so on. I think.

nat_g31

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Trann wrote:

He meant after everything is submitted, I believe. Something like judging task 1, posting the entries without the voting information, judging task 2, then posting those entries without voting results, and so on. I think.

Hmmmm. I guess it could work that way, but this is far more enjoyable. Twisted Evil

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Trann wrote:

Hmmmm. I guess it could work that way, but this is far more enjoyable. Twisted Evil

So midnight? Im starting to get a little excited

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Trann wrote:

You sick, sadistic son of a bitch!

nat_g31

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Trann wrote:

Laughing Shocked

Tesore

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:

Stop flattering the jury!

Oh wait... Shocked

Laughing

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Quote:

Stop flattering the jury!

Oh wait... Shocked

Laughing

Should our noses be Brown or more of a burnt Umber. Sometime shit is green so who knows.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Anyway here is some music to listen while you all contemplate what everyoe has said.

Also join my polical

Partyhttps://www.facebook.com/shane.e.randall/info#!/pages/Galactic-Imperialist-Party/244989115513248

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGKaPCewPiY[/youtube]

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:

So midnight? Im starting to get a little excited

The winners will be posted tomorrow (Saturday 27th) @ midnight EST.

Contest begins - Saturday September 29, 2012
Final submissions due - Saturday October 20, 2012
Final jury decision - Saturday October 27, 2012
Winning team announced - Sunday October 28, 2012

MikeDascola

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

MikeDascola wrote:

I also want to take this time to say thank you to all who participated. There are some amazing chops and everyone did a great job. Judging wasn't easy and tomorrow you'll see why when we unveil all the submissions.

Thanks again everyone!

-md

blue_lurker

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

MikeDascola wrote:
MikeDascola wrote:

I also want to take this time to say thank you to all who participated. There are some amazing chops and everyone did a great job. Judging wasn't easy and tomorrow you'll see why when we unveil all the submissions.

Thanks again everyone!

-md

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:58 am   Reply with quote         

MikeDascola wrote:
MikeDascola wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

-md

THANKS, MIKE!

Very Happy bounce thumleft salut cheers Banana compress sunny clown profileright pig pig pig pig profileleft clown sunny compress Banana cheers salut thumleft bounce Very Happy

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
MikeDascola wrote:
MikeDascola wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

-md

THANKS, MIKE!

Very Happy bounce thumleft salut cheers Banana compress sunny clown profileright pig pig pig pig profileleft clown sunny compress Banana cheers salut thumleft bounce Very Happy

11 hours and 23 minutes to go!

TJ

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
MikeDascola wrote:
MikeDascola wrote:

Thanks again everyone!

-md

THANKS, MIKE!

11 hours and 23 minutes to go!

We're trying to get it out earlier if possible. Don't hold your breath though.
It will be posted in a new thread.

bounce bounce

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - SCAVENGER HUNT 2012 STARTS NOW! - Reply to topic