Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - PSC Cooking Show - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

fempie

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Definition of chopping:

v. chopped, chop·ping, chops
v.tr.
a. To cut by striking with a heavy sharp tool, such as an ax: chop wood.
b. To shape or form by chopping in Photoshop.
c. To cut into small pieces: chop onions; chop up meat.

In this thread we go for point c.

Have fun and feel free to add your chopping food skills in whatever way Very Happy

Today I present Dunno making a fresh pizza.

The bottom issue of a good pizza is... right.... a bottom. We like it thin and crispy with a lot of stuff on it.

Well done Dunno! Your bottom looks great Wink

Next thing is pizza sauce with a tiny bit of veggies and a lot of MEAT!

Add cheese, a "little" bit of pepper, olive oil and Italian spices... and then baking it nicely brown and crispy!

A little too much pepper was in it... Shocked but still it tasted really really good! Very Happy

shane.e.randall

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

looks good!

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

It is usually hard to put too much pepper in my kitchen.

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Fempie you read my mind!
We used to have these cooking threads years ago, and I wanted to start one but forgot.

Your pizza really looks delicious!

I'm making baked fish and rosemary potatoes tonight. I'll either document that or wait until when I make Apple crisp Very Happy

YerPalAl

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I thought Kittie said apple sauce and got really excited.
Wink

kittie

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

No "Applejuice" here, though you'll get a little lemon Razz

This is the recipe and "how to" for my rosemary potatoes and baked tilapia.

1. Gather your ingredients. (and preheat your oven to 400 degrees)
For the potatoes: 5-6 decent sized potatoes. 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tbsp oil, and 2 tbsp rosemary.
My grocer was out of rosemary, so I found these "herbes de provence." wtf... but it had rosemary in it, and it worked fine enough. Laughing
For the fish: Lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper

2. Wash your potatoes and cut them into small wedges. Place in medium sized bowl.

3. In another bowl, stir together your salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary.
4. Pour 2 tblsp of oil onto your potatoes. Stir well, or shake if you have a lid.

5. Pour spices over well coated potatoes. Again, stir well or shake until coated.
6. Pour potatoes onto a decent sized baking dish. I typically cover in foil to prevent sticking and find it to work better than buttering.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

8. After 30 minutes, remove potatos from the oven and move them to the side to make room.
9. Cut your fish into halves and place onto the pan. I use tilapia, but you can use whatever you want.
10. Season with lemon juice, salt, garlic, and pepper. I use a lot of pepper.
11. Bake for another 15 minutes at 400 degrees with the potatoes.

Voila Smile Dinner!

(And shut up, I'll eat however many potatoes I want Laughing )

cringer8

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks fo the recipes, gals Smile I'll post one of my signature dishes here, too...

Werdnaibor

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
Thanks fo the recipes, gals Smile I'll post one of my signature dishes here, too...

I make a mean Velveeta Shells and Cheese. Recipe and process coming soon.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

Ah, my favorite recipe was eating instant oatmeal while drinking water from a fountain when I was homeless for a short time during summer break at college. Mmmmmm. Laughing

cringer8

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 am   Reply with quote         

Okay, here's mine:

Bachelor Pizza

Step 1:

For this step you will need a phone. I used a cell phone (below) for this pizza, but a land line is perfectly acceptable (*Note: In some cases, this step can be completed online)

Call your favorite pizza restaurant (one that delivers is a huge bonus). Speak very clearly and let them know exactly what you would like. Many toppings should be available to you; just ask. For this pizza, I told them I wanted "a medium, extra pepperoni." If you are very hungry, you might want to substitute this for a "large."

Step 2:

For this step, you will need money. Either a credit card or cash will do in most cases. If your pizzeria asks for anything other than money, use your best judgement in proceeding. If you want to use cash, make sure you have enough leftover for a tip (we will get to that later).

As you can see, I only had $20 in cash. That would be enough for the pizza, but not the tip. So, I used my credit card (this option can also help you avoid any awkward situations involving change). Have your money on your person at all times after calling in the order.

Step 3:

In approximately 35-45 minutes, you should be receiving a call. This is where things can get tricky. First, you're going to have to get up. I know, I know, but trust me it is worth it. The next thing to do is meet the delivery guy.

This is one of my guys (*Note: When taking a picture of a stranger, it's best to just do it; don't ask permission). This next part is very, very crucial: You may be dealing with this person in the future, so it is important to be nice. Do not be too nice or you will end up being called "buddy" or "good friend" and asked questions like "so when do you get a day off?"

Tip well. For this pizza, I tipped $5. This will make future deliveries faster.

Step 4:

Open the box and gaze at the beautiful bounty before you.

At this point, you could sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top... or not. Eat and enjoy!

By the way, I do this a lot Wink

roger1

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

@cringer8: Fuck yeah, bro - lol!! I just ordered pizza and was about to reply to this topic with the same response but then I saw your last post. HAHAHAHA! (warped minds think alike drunken )

cringer8

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 am   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
@cringer8: Fuck yeah, bro - lol!! I just ordered pizza and was about to reply to this topic with the same response but then I saw your last post. HAHAHAHA! (warped minds think alike drunken )

LMAO, I'm sorry I beat you to it Wink You should do one of those clone chops in the other thread. It's fun to do Smile

roger1

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I definitely plan on doing one! Unfortunately, the only camera that I own also makes phone calls shakng2

arcaico

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
Okay, here's mine:

Cringer wins. Bonus points for having an r2d2...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

dunno

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         

This show is still on! Smile

Today it's Fempie who prepared a dinner for us... well, actually for me only Razz
anyways, she cooked - and it was great!
But first things first, the ingredients:
We need high quality low-fat fries from the grocery store. They mostly grow them in the freezer.
Next is fresh(!) vegetables. Yeah, i know... fries, freezer... Huh.. but with the veggies it DOES make a difference! Today it was carrots and...ehhh... uhm.... err... these green ... scratch ... Brussels sprouts! Yep, carrots and sprouts. Smile

Now the good stuff: a couple of slices beef and home-made apple sauce.
The beef got short heat, a really spicy pepper sauce - and the apple sauce was made from cooked apples with cinnamon and some lemon zest.
Now the fries prepared in the oven (dont forget salt & spices)... and you're good to go.

The result? Perfect:

Now THATS a dinner after a long day's work! Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - PSC Cooking Show - Reply to topic