Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How do you manage your Photoshop application? - Reply to topic

Trann

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

I purchased CS5 back in 2010, installed it, and haven't applied an update since. Not that I've felt a need to: it's never crashed or hung or otherwise not performed.

I tend to prefer to be on the leeward edge instead of the bleeding edge anyway: let someone else debug the point-zeros and initial releases.

So what'd your modus operandi?

seelcraft

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I purchased my last PS product in 2008: PS Elements.
The last time I bought PhotoShop was in ~1999!
Still doing fine!
"You don't miss what you don't miss." --Anon--

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 pm   Reply with quote         

PS 7.0 in 2006.
And still love it. Wink

blue_lurker

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:27 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
PS 7.0 in 2006.
And still love it. Wink

Im with you...found no need to update...upgrade or anything else...just does what I need and I enjoy having to make up ways to do what some do with a click of a button.

YerPalAl

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

CS5 and am perfectly happy with it. Just passed on an offer of a free update, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Tesore

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Tesore wrote:
PS 7.0 in 2006.
And still love it. Wink

Im with you...found no need to update...upgrade or anything else...just does what I need and I enjoy having to make up ways to do what some do with a click of a button.

Exactly, that's the way I love PS!

Tommeken

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:05 am   Reply with quote         

cs5 extended...if it works fine why update?

i do try plugin's from time to time Very Happy

johndownunder

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

I use Adobe Photodeluxe Business Edition from 1998.

My experience oN PSC has shown me that it does not matter what program anyone uses.It's great ideas and creativity that see incredible images produced by members.When i first discovered this site i spent weeks just looking at portfolio after portfolio and could'nt believe the vast range of artistic talent on display. I joined the site because i love being creative myself and i knew after reviewing the art here there was no better place for me to learn and develop my own skills.The only reason i can turn out a half decent pic today is because of the learning base the site has been for me so to all members i say thanks for the education it's been a lot of fun since joining in 2011.

JDU

TJ

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

CS2 at the time. I have CS3, but 2 runs better on my old pre-Intel Mac.

Just need to get off my ass and use it now....

Laughing

kittie

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I have JUST recently had the opportunity to use CS3, and it looks nice. It doesn't seem to do me any more good than 7, though, and sometimes CS3 can't handle things that 7 can.
Sometimes it yells at me that a file size is just too much for it to handle.

Seems a little backwards to me, but that's why I'll never get rid of 7.

jaw2785

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

i just went from 7 to CS5 and I feel almost like I've never used Photoshop. It took me years to get really deep into it's capabilities and now I've got this behemoth to figure out. Surface blur? WTF?
Oh, I like the warming and cooling filters alright and the lens blur is far superior to Gaussian. but I'm now stuck having to learn where and what all these extras can accomplish and I really think my brain is too far gone to ever feel as comfortable with 5 as I did seven.
Maybe someone would like to share their thoughts on some of the best thing 5 has over seven and where to start getting the most uses out of it.
My main idea was that with five I could bend objects easier. And working with an actual 3d image intrigued me but it looks like it's going to be awhile before I figure that one out.
I'm still happy I got it though because my 7 had a lot of glitches and was just worn out.

cringer8

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm using CS6 and was previously using Elements.

I like how the clone stamp gives you a preview of what you're about to lay down. I love puppet warp. Zooming in and out makes more sense. The grid that shows up when you're zoomed in to individual pixels is very, very handy. A lot of the automatic selection tools work better, too.

But pretty much everything CS6 does, it does better than any version previous to CS2.

Does Photoshop 7 have the Vanishing Point tool? If not, then that alone could be worth the upgrade.

Regarding the original post, I update occasionally, but only when I'm noticing crashes. Like you, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Daenerys

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I started with 7.0.1 in 2005.
In 2007 i started to use CS3, i used until November 2012! Yes, last year.
Since December i upgraded my computer, now i use CS5 Extended. It's still strange but get used to it soon! Very Happy

Totoy

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

Mine is PS Cs6. I update my PS every time to its latest version!!! Very Happy Very Happy (I'm using the cr#cked one!!!)Evil or Very Mad

"There is none righteous, no not one." Romans 3:10; " Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." James 4:17

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How do you manage your Photoshop application? - Reply to topic