Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I do want to make stupid announcement. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

TJ

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:19 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked

roger1

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am   Reply with quote         

salut Congrats on your promotion Shane! Great news!salut

I think Charliesou may be confusing a politician with a soldier. You're just doing your job the best you can. It's the politicians who need to be punched in the neck. bom

(Sorry for your loss Charliesou)

YerPalAl

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 am   Reply with quote         

Congratulations Shane. No please continue to keep yourself sake for everyone's sake.

Cheer, Sergeant, this salute is for you.

papavales

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

congratulations man!!! Stay safe, wish you more promos to come Smile
charliesou you got my respect for your Hero son. I know you don't want a Hero but just your son. You re totally right and no one could convince you for the opposite.Be proud.

Werdnaibor

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Congratulations for officially being a sergeant now.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am   Reply with quote         

LOL

Congratulations Sgt. "Love that smacks you in the face and makes you do push ups"

Keep up the good work . salut

Daenerys

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:

Why do feel sooooo honored Dani ?
I am curious to know why you , whose work is admired and revered amongst the folk (me) who appreciate beauty in all its forms and manifestations would feel the need to acknowledge a gun toting (sic) army drone who has been promoted to a higher echelon of drone ...Lets get MALI !!!
had a son once...gone

Hello dear Charlie, thank you for the beautiful words, you're really lovely!

I'm sorry for whatever has happened to you, I do not believe in the feeling " I had a son once," but I believe in feeling like "I will always have a son". Parents and sons are eternal. My father was killed in a public park for money by his "best friend". He was shot in the neck, I was 14 at the time. My mother died in 2011 from cancer that has suffered for 2 years, I have not lost them, they are eternal for me.

My answer is quite simple, I do not see the fact admire Shane something like "feel the need to acknowledge the gun toting". My view is different. Let me explain.

In my country, we see children under 8 years old smoking crack in public park, dark corners of streets. When they get 10, 11 years, begin to steal. When they enter adolescence, they start to kill.
Kill for a pair of new shoes, kill for a modern cell. So, as I see Shane?

I dont see a person with a weapon wielded in hand, but I see beyond the appearance, I see the desire to serve the nation, I see the desire to protect the life, I see a teenager who becomes increasingly man. The courage that people like Shane has, is to choose a path where the main desire is to protect and not kill for fun.

Here in Brazil, some doctors make serious mistakes and kill people, miss the leg that was to do surgery and make the procedure in the good leg, forgotten surgical materials inside people. Not much I disdain the profession and continue to admire new professionals who want to save people.

If you tell me: "I graduated in teaching," I would tell you: "im sooooooo honored to meet you," if you tell me: "I helped a blind person cross the street today" I would tell you: "im sooooooo honored to meet you", just because i'm very honored to meet different people and people who have proud of they chose as path of life.

Please, Charlie, do not ever understand my answer as something rude, it's just how I am, and know that you have my admiration as a lovely human being that you are, and sorry for any english errors!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I do want to make stupid announcement. - Reply to topic