Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - The 2013 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Update 8/9: Round 3 is over and 16 choppers remain. The winners in the next round make it into the prizes. Round 3's source was provided by YerPalAl.

Update 7/30: It's crunch time with the submission period for Round 2 winding down. All of the remaining competitors should have received (albeit a few days late) a courtesy email reminder. The source for Round 2 was provided by blue_lurker.

Update 7/26: Round 1 is over, congrats to all the winners. There was one double no show, which means that the user with the highest percentage of votes in a losing effort from Round 1 will advance on in that spot. That user is L@rue, who got 50% of the votes in his match that ended in a tie. I have contacted him.

Update 7/20: Round 1's source was provided by abraham.

Update 7/19: Here are the details for Rounds 1 & 2.

Round 1 is comprised of 22 participants competing head to head in 11 matches.
The remaining 53 entrants who are not competing in Round 1 have a free pass to the second round, which is referred to as a bye.

You can view the detailed seeding here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8k2ACgoSIpfd0hvOHlLenJOZlU/edit?usp=sharing

If you are in red, you must compete in Round 1. If you are in green, you get to wait until Round 2. Round 1 begins tomorrow July 20th at 8am EST with the release of the 1st Round source. Entries will be due on July 24th at 8am EST, at which time voting will immediately begin. Voting will end on July 26th at 8am EST, at which time the results of Round 1 will be posted.

The exact same process repeats with the start of Round 2 at 8am EST on July 27th.
For those of you who have a pass to the 2nd Round, you don't have to really do anything until the 27th, but feel free to come back and vote on the 1st round entries on the 24th.

You can also view the official brackets here: http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/11/brackets/display.html

Original Thread Info:
As many of you already know, the 2013 Head To Head Tournament sign ups are under way. They are scheduled to end next Friday, July 19th at 8am.

The prizes this year will be:

> Grand Prize: 1 Medium Wacom Intuos 5 Tablet or gift card of equivalent value (apx. $350) [Privately Donated] - 1 Pair Of Gunnar Advanced Computer Eyewear Of Your Choice [Donated By Gunnar Optiks] - Lifetime Advantage At Photoshopcontest.com
> Runner Up Prize: $100 Amazon Gift Card [Privately Donated] - 1 Pair Of Gunnar Advanced Computer Eyewear Of Your Choice [Donated By Gunnar Optiks] - 1 Year of Advantage At Photoshopcontest.com
> Semi Finalist Prizes: 1 Pair Of Gunnar Advanced Computer Eyewear Of Your Choice [Donated By Gunnar Optiks] - 6 Months of Advantage at Photoshopcontest.com
> Quarter Finalist Prizes: 1 Pair Of Gunnar Advanced Computer Eyewear Of Your Choice [Donated By Gunnar Optiks]

The tournament will begin on Saturday, July 20th at 8am with the release of the first round source and brackets. We have a policy of everyone who enters gets to play, so depending on the amount of people who enter, there will almost certainly be users who will get "byes" or "passes" beyond the first round. So if you signed up and don't see yourself listed as a competitor in the first round, then you probably have a bye to the 2nd round, in which case you would need to come back on July 27th at 8am to get your source for the 2nd round.

The tournament format for each round is the same as in previous years.
Source release - Saturday morning 8am. Entries due / voting begins - Wednesday morning 8am. Voting ends - Friday morning 8am.

Now, with all that said, the sign ups are pretty low so far.
pscbuzz informed me that he used an email blast tool to send a email out about the h2h sign ups / voting in the reunion. Usually after the blast email goes out, the sign ups go up rapidly, but this time there was little to no effect. I am curious to see if anyone got this email? There's still plenty of time to get people to sign up, but we need to get the word out properly. I will be posting a link to this thread as a news post, which should push out to the Facebook page as well. If you have any contact with PSC members old and new, please let them know.

Thanks and good luck!
The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I did not receive a message concerning the H2H, but thanks for posting the timeline. That gives me a better idea of what the H2H entails. I hope I can enter! Good luck to everyone who is participating!

cringer8

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I received no email. That is disconcerting... Confused

kittie

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Also no email.

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

No e-mail here either.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
As many of you already know, the 2013 Head To Head Tournament sign ups are under way. They are scheduled to end next Friday, July 19th at 8am.

The prizes this year will be:

Grand Prize:
A Wacom Intuos 5 Medium Tablet or Equivalent Value (~$350) Gift Card [Private Donor]
Lifetime Advantage

Runner Up:
1 Year Advantage
$100 Amazon Gift Card [Private Donor]

Other Semi-Finalists:
6 Months Advantage

The tournament will begin on Saturday, July 20th at 8am with the release of the first round source and brackets. We have a policy of everyone who enters gets to play, so depending on the amount of people who enter, there will almost certainly be users who will get "byes" or "passes" beyond the first round. So if you signed up and don't see yourself listed as a competitor in the first round, then you probably have a bye to the 2nd round, in which case you would need to come back on July 27th at 8am to get your source for the 2nd round.

Source release - Saturday morning 8am. Entries due / voting begins - Wednesday morning 8am. Voting ends - Friday morning 8am.

Now, with all that said, the sign ups are pretty low so far.
pscbuzz informed me that he used an email blast tool to send a email out about the h2h sign ups / voting in the reunion. Usually after the blast email goes out, the sign ups go up rapidly, but this time there was little to no effect. I am curious to see if anyone got this email? There's still plenty of time to get people to sign up, but we need to get the word out properly. I will be posting a link to this thread as a news post, which should push out to the Facebook page as well. If you have any contact with PSC members old and new, please let them know.

Thanks and good luck!

Entries due when? Monday morn? Wednesday morn? scratch

seelcraft

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Did ANYONE get said email?

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

It came out in Red Text on NEWS

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:

Tesore

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

No E-mail!

mikey

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

No email, my email is machinemanart@msn.com

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Come on guys. Astro Glide makes you smart.

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
Cartoon Contractor wrote:

Ohh, ok! Thanks Tes. thumright

Tesore

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:40 am   Reply with quote         

You're welcome CC!

Laughing

Thank you The-Masked-Layer

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

Ok thanks for the feedback on the email, pscbuzz was using a tool built previously for sending mass emails and I don't think it functioned properly, I'll let him know.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - The 2013 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic