Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Plane crash - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Cartoon Contractor"][quote="badcop"]
Cartoon Contractor wrote:

LOL you made me laugh out loud with that metal tube reference! But it's SAFE hurling down the highway in a metal box just inches away from people hurling toward you in another metal box looking down at their iPhone?:

Yes, you take a much greater safety risk when you get into a car, but the fear of flying isn't as cut and dried as being afraid of dying. There are a lot of anxieties that are involved with flight that simply don't apply to driving;

A third of the people with a fear of flying experience claustrophobia, so the metal tube in the sky reference isn't inconsequential.

Then there are those with a fear of heights.

And let's never forget the claustrophobic acrophobic ophidiophobes

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="badcop"][quote="Cartoon Contractor"]
badcop wrote:

LOL you made me laugh out loud with that metal tube reference! But it's SAFE hurling down the highway in a metal box just inches away from people hurling toward you in another metal box looking down at their iPhone?:

Yes, you take a much greater safety risk when you get into a car, but the fear of flying isn't as cut and dried as being afraid of dying. There are a lot of anxieties that are involved with flight that simply don't apply to driving;

A third of the people with a fear of flying experience claustrophobia, so the metal tube in the sky reference isn't inconsequential.

Then there are those with a fear of heights.

And let's never forget the claustrophobic acrophobic ophidiophobes

Well I'm afraid of being afraid! Hmmm

roger1

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:47 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
Cartoon Contractor - I just read this article and I thought it interesting how it mirrors your point

Roger, I was just trying to make a point of how the media can sway people with sensationalism.

Just the fact that the media doesn't make a big deal out of deaths on the highway keeps people oblivious to the fact that they are in extreme danger.

On the flip side of that coin, they sensationalize a plane wreck with 2 deaths and the whole world is in an uproar of HOW THE FUCK did they let this happen! (And by the way, one of the deaths was attributed to an emergency response vehicle running over the victim!)

I don't see the "whole world in an uproar", as you say. However, the "how the fuck did this happen" question is a valid one at this point. The plane did not malfunction, the flying conditions were ideal, and the pilots were warned about their altitude twice before they acted to correct it. It is sad the way you downplay the fact that lives were lost (like they are insignificant or hold no value to anyone).

I'm continually confused by your responses to this post that was meant to share my condolences to the people and families involved in a plane crash. You keep arguing points that nobody is even bringing up:
1. The media is manipulating people with fear (When did anyone mention the media or that they are scared to fly for safety reasons?)
2. More people die in cars than in planes (No one ever said that this wasn't the case. I even posted a link for you which backed up your statement. But that might be invalid because it came from the media and is probably skewed to scare you and control you)
3. I somehow blame myself for the crash (I don't blame myself. I am shocked and saddened that something I help build has slapped a sea wall, spun across a runway, and caused the death of two girls in the process)

I regret posting this thread (as I usually do around here)
Doh!

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:

I don't see the "whole world in an uproar", as you say. However, the "how the fuck did this happen" question is a valid one at this point. The plane did not malfunction, the flying conditions were ideal, and the pilots were warned about their altitude twice before they acted to correct it. It is sad the way you downplay the fact that lives were lost (like they are insignificant or hold no value to anyone).

I'm continually confused by your responses to this post that was meant to share my condolences to the people and families involved in a plane crash. You keep arguing points that nobody is even bringing up:
1. The media is manipulating people with fear (When did anyone mention the media or that they are scared to fly for safety reasons?)
2. More people die in cars than in planes (No one ever said that this wasn't the case. I even posted a link for you which backed up your statement. But that might be invalid because it came from the media and is probably skewed to scare you and control you)
3. I somehow blame myself for the crash (I don't blame myself. I am shocked and saddened that something I help build has slapped a sea wall, spun across a runway, and caused the death of two girls in the process)

I regret posting this thread (as I usually do around here)
Doh!

Roger,

I didn't mean to downplay your feelings that people died in a plane crash and you work on planes. I didn't intend to make you feel that it was somehow your fault either (even though you made it look like you felt guilty for working on planes that could crash). I just made a comment that cars kill more than planes and people are much more apprehensive to fly than to drive!
And I DEFINITELY didn't intend to make anyone think that it's somehow OK to die in a plane crash and that the 2 people lost in this accident were insignificant or of no value! I am insulted that you would accuse me of that.
I keep saying that the point I'm trying to make is that Cars are more dangerous than planes! And guess what? A hell of a lot more people died in car crashes than in planes since we started this little dance. And by the way, their lives are just as important as the ones lost in that plane. How many times over the national media have you seen or heard about these crashes since this plane accident. That is ALL I'm trying to say. Ohh and another point! With all the safety shit on cars and planes and everything else- WHY THE FUCK are all our kids and grandkids riding around in fucking school buses with out seat belts? They (the government) are making me protect myself but it's ok to stick my grandkid on a bus without a seat belt. Make any sense to you?

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Ohh and another point!...

Now you're accusing Roger of willfully putting children's lives in danger on a school bus??

Even if it is true, this forum is no place for such malicious mudslinging!

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

Now you're accusing Roger of willfully putting children's lives in danger on a school bus??

No, I'm accusing the U.S. Government of willfully putting children's lives in danger on a school bus! (are they listening? Hmmm)

shane.e.randall

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

No, I'm accusing the U.S. Government of willfully putting children's lives in danger on a school bus! (are they listening? Hmmm)

Maybe if kids rode to school in a Magic Flying School bus you would be happy then? Very Happy

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:

Maybe if kids rode to school in a Magic Flying School bus you would be happy then? Very Happy

I thought we were worrying about Roger's happiness! I'm never happy! Confused

anfa

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Crane splash.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qv3HABHsqk[/youtube]

shane.e.randall

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:

I thought we were worrying about Roger's happiness! I'm never happy! Confused

I think driving the magic school bus would make you happy! Very Happy

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Crane splash.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qv3HABHsqk[/youtube]

Now find something for "Plank Rash." I'm too lazy.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Plane crash - Reply to topic