Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2013 Externals and Losers' Lounge - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

abraham

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
abraham wrote:
Is there any mention of who submitted the source? I submitted it Very Happy

Yes, I gave you credit in the main h2h thread the day it was revealed. Loved that source for the H2H.
Thanks Bts!

cringer8

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:06 pm   Reply with quote         

GuidedByPandas wrote:
No externals - just source + sketching/painting.

I originally was going to do a penguin bowling using snowmen as pins... then Hobbes bowling using Calvin as bowling ball... then Hobbes standing upright behind tree with hands over Calvin's gaping (terrified) mouth. Pretty much ran out of time so sketched an existing pose then cloned various snowman material to C&H body sections and colorized to match originals (mostly... Calvin's hair too yellow I think and should have shrunk source to make hair more 'natural').

The background is essentially 3 solid layers and I paint on the layer masks to reveal color of layer beneath. I've used these technique in the past (though not here). Finished image with some mood lighting & usual PS magic.

Figured this would likely be my only win in this tourney so wanted to create a decent image folk may remember. I will try my best in Round 2, but anfa is one of the best - I greatly respect his skill, creativity, and humour.

Good luck! Give it your all and you have a good chance Smile

cringer8

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:04 am   Reply with quote         

Well, round 2 is over. I didn't use any externals in this round. Just lots and lots of little pieces warped from the original. Getting the patterns to line up and blended together was a nightmare. I'm glad people recognized the effort there. I didn't put nearly enough time into painting the teeth and eyes, but those two details were the last thing I did at 2:30 in the morning -_-

mikey

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:22 am   Reply with quote         

Good luck everybody, great job so far. I really didn't have my heart in this one. best wishes to all! Smile

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Good luck everybody, great job so far. I really didn't have my heart in this one. best wishes to all! Smile

Even without putting your heart into it, your entry could have beat plenty of the other entries. It's unfortunate you had to go up against such a heavy hitter right away Wink

GuidedByPandas

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the votes and comments (under anfa's entry... some folk struggled in the vote which was all I could ask for... I forgive you kittie Smile ).

I knew it was over pretty much when... I saw the brackets. lol!
So I did what comes natural - I tried to bribe billtvshow with a furrable source for this round. But his price was way too steep - sorry, genuine panda fur slippers and briefs is just so... wrong. Wink

My original idea was an alligator lounge lizard sunning himself on the beach - complete with gold chains, speedo, and snapping a towel at a female alligator. But I reviewed anfa's portfolio and figured he would do a funny chop. [And he delivered - favorite'd]. That would likely cancel out teh funny and make it a technical compare only. Well he has excellent polish so I would lose there for sure.

And then I had an episode* last weekend Sad so just thought about doing a no-show image. But a friend's son asked that I draw a dragon monster for him so I used the source to create this. All source. Tuesday. All day/night. Submitted image at 4:53 AM Pacific (7:53 AM Eastern US). I literally ran out of time to give it the pop & sizzle I intended & it desperately needed. If folk are interested, I can post the final version here.

But let's face facts, anfa's image was excellent - inventive, polished, & full of pop. So I don't know if a brighter dragon - or even a lounge lizard - would have made a difference. There is no dishonor in losing to an excellent chop/chopper and I made a kid named Tim happy too. Win-win. Smile

*My disorder has made me very slow physically... spending 20hrs on an image is too taxing for me now. If I hope to have any success in these tourneys, I have to rise in the ranks so I'm not facing the best out of the gate. Which means more dailies. I was sick much of the past year. If I'm able to compete more often, you may see me in the H2H next year. If not, this will be my final tourney. If this is it, it's been fun! Smile

Tea Man

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

So long winded, link the damned image already Laughing

There were some great match ups for a round one competition and that was definitely one of them for me.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

You did great GbP. There's always those few matches where you wish both contestants could move forward.

I will likely face the same fate next round! pale

As far as my entry, the bird face/wing and large flags were externals.
The thin banners were from the tent, and all armor was crafted directly from the blow up croc.
The sand was from the source except for some dust from a brush.
It took a while, but I'm not happy with it. As Arc pointed out there should have likely been at least 3 models for variation in the army. I skimped out on their feet. The lighting was disgusting. (Like I know anything about it.)

I'm not all here, but hopefully I can bash my skull into chop mode for the next one.

TheShaman

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Background behind Bamboo, Frog, and Croc all made from source.
http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/view/7812/display.html

one external.

Rocky gave a good comment: there were obvious flaws and I had one night to do this one.
So yes, I was a bit rushed to get it done.
Thanks to everyone who voted and sent me through to the next round.
Cheers to Charlie who was a very classy opponent.

Hopefully I'll have more time this weekend to pay more attention to detail.

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:43 am   Reply with quote         

I painted the driver's pants since I got tired of looking for a source.

and the song and video stuck in my head that inspired the idea
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHVFV68LFQ[/youtube]

cringer8

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:49 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
and the song and video stuck in my head that inspired the idea
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHVFV68LFQ[/youtube]

Lol, nice Smile

cringer8

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

I wanted to use the original kids from the source, but I ran out of time so I threw that ugly little brat in at the last minute, making it a "no source" entry. That decision almost got me eliminated, lol.

TheShaman

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

I really couldn't find the right source for doing a fat persons leg while sitting.
most of the ones I found were either standing or... the back side.
So I had to do something I've never really tried before... painting it all in myself.

I wasn't entirely happy with the outcome, but for really my first ever attempt... I wasn't unhappy with the result either.

Anyway Cheers to Sh!za. He's one of my favorites here. It was an honor to compete against him.

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

cringer8

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Did not need to see that this morning.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2013 Externals and Losers' Lounge - Reply to topic