Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2013 Predictions and Smack Talk - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

roger1

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I can't believe that I'm still in the H2H contest. I've been stuck at my job working a ton of overtime and didn't have any time for my entry. I stayed up for an extra hour when I got home (on the last day to enter) and made that piece of shit entry. I expected to loose but didn't want to be banned from the next year's H2H for being a no-show so I uploaded it. When I woke up the next morning and saw that gsenthill didn't post an entry I was amazed and relieved - lol!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Tea Man

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm hoping for a truly awefull source next round, it's my only chance. Shocked

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
Yes, I was pretty shocked to see that abraham quit Huh..

Hey, koorio, I stared at your entry for a long time (even though your opponent didn't post an entry) trying to figure out what in the hell was going on. Can you explain to me what that was? Or maybe someone else can. I feel like I'm missing a reference or inside joke....

My favorites of round 2:

Idea: Anfa
Execution: kinetic_be
Humor: L@rue

Haha well if I knew you were interested I would've taken samples from that creature, before those choppers have shot it down! Dont stare at my entries for a long time though, that might not be healthy. Your chop is very cool btw. Good luck!

glennhanna

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I worked on mine maybe a couple of hours total the first 3 days. I was busy doing free work for other people. I figured I'd stay up all night the last night, 5 hours should be plenty to finish it up. Then the last 5 minutes arrived and I still had several things to clean up. Oh well! Maybe my opponent doesn't show up and I get lucky. I drop working on it and made the mistake of asking photoshop to 'save for internet'..... It's been so long since I've worked on a big image that I forgot that this process will eat up time before giving an error that the image is too big. I waited a couple minutes and photoshop was stuck. I had 3 minutes left and was contemplating force quitting and wasting another 2-3 minutes to load it back up. Luckily the error popped up before I could force quit. Then I copied the entire image, threw onto a new canvas and shrunk it and then exported with settings that should have been 150kb below the PSC limit. I tried to upload to PSC and got an error. File size too big. I now was on the last minute to deadline. I exported the image again and slid the compressor slider wayyyy down and uploaded with maybe 20 seconds to spare. I prefer to submit an image an hour before deadline. Trying to wrap it up in 5 minutes is living on the edge.

I saw irgum's entry and immediately had flashbacks of last year's competition where I got beat in the first round. His was clean, mine had embarrassing flaws. I expected a lot of people to point them out like last year, but you guys went easy on me. Great chop irgum! I've got to attend my great-aunt's 90th birthday Saturday and then shoot a wedding in the evening, but I should still have 3 days to chop in the next round. I'm coming for you Cartoon Contractor! Wink

cringer8

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

koorio wrote:
cringer8 wrote:
Yes, I was pretty shocked to see that abraham quit Huh..

Hey, koorio, I stared at your entry for a long time (even though your opponent didn't post an entry) trying to figure out what in the hell was going on. Can you explain to me what that was? Or maybe someone else can. I feel like I'm missing a reference or inside joke....

My favorites of round 2:

Idea: Anfa
Execution: kinetic_be
Humor: L@rue

Haha well if I knew you were interested I would've taken samples from that creature, before those choppers have shot it down! Dont stare at my entries for a long time though, that might not be healthy. Your chop is very cool btw. Good luck!

Don't get me wrong, though; the texture you created was awesome and the chop was clean. Not looking forward to going up against you next round Wink

And now I know it was an alien creature Smile

glennhanna

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:

I thought it was a badger

abraham

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

taker wrote:
damn guys .. abrahm is out ??

we should have golden cart or something to bring 2 people and be against each other in next round

and did you see arcaico i know the shaman image going to win and guess what it wins ...

I have not much to say. This is the moment for the winners. But one thing i regret most is that I did not make it to vote. Whatever reason or excuse maybe doesn't matter anymore but still I want to say SORRY. First thing i did is to PM locxoul to congratulate him and tell him that I not voting was not intentional. His entry is great and very much deserving. salut

arcaico

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:06 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
cringer8 wrote:

I thought it was a badger

...hedgehog.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

irgum

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you Glennhanna
I'm glad you like my entry but yours is one of the best chops
funny and well executed
I thought you got the all votes
I'm happy for I can make an entry what was enough good against you Smile
good luck for next round Wink

Cartoon Contractor

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:43 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I worked on mine maybe a couple of hours total the first 3 days. I was busy doing free work for other people. I figured I'd stay up all night the last night, 5 hours should be plenty to finish it up. Then the last 5 minutes arrived and I still had several things to clean up. Oh well! Maybe my opponent doesn't show up and I get lucky. I drop working on it and made the mistake of asking photoshop to 'save for internet'..... It's been so long since I've worked on a big image that I forgot that this process will eat up time before giving an error that the image is too big. I waited a couple minutes and photoshop was stuck. I had 3 minutes left and was contemplating force quitting and wasting another 2-3 minutes to load it back up. Luckily the error popped up before I could force quit. Then I copied the entire image, threw onto a new canvas and shrunk it and then exported with settings that should have been 150kb below the PSC limit. I tried to upload to PSC and got an error. File size too big. I now was on the last minute to deadline. I exported the image again and slid the compressor slider wayyyy down and uploaded with maybe 20 seconds to spare. I prefer to submit an image an hour before deadline. Trying to wrap it up in 5 minutes is living on the edge.

I saw irgum's entry and immediately had flashbacks of last year's competition where I got beat in the first round. His was clean, mine had embarrassing flaws. I expected a lot of people to point them out like last year, but you guys went easy on me. Great chop irgum! I've got to attend my great-aunt's 90th birthday Saturday and then shoot a wedding in the evening, but I should still have 3 days to chop in the next round. I'm coming for you Cartoon Contractor! Wink

I don't think you'll have any problem beating me Glenn.

glennhanna

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:

You can do it! I've seen your portfolio.

arcaico

Post Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:

No glenn... he can't. You know that.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

irgum

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:30 am   Reply with quote         

round 3 source is great I think we will see a lot of funny entries

glennhanna

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:50 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
glennhanna wrote:

No glenn... he can't. You know that.

This is the type of source that I have trouble with. Nothing amazing comes to mind. I've got some ideas, but nothing to get started on just yet.

nat_g31

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Just got rid of my tunnel vision and looked at some of the match-ups. Can't wait to see some of these battles play out!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2013 Predictions and Smack Talk - Reply to topic