Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Prizes For The 2013 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

kittie

Location: Florida

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         


glennhanna wrote:
How about them prizes?


I wonder how they'd work with someone who needs glasses already...

double up! Laughing


Edit: Or do prizes include prescription versions? Just curious until my dream fizzles in a few hours. Rolling Eyes




arcaico

Location: Brazil

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         


kittie wrote:
glennhanna wrote:
How about them prizes?


I wonder how they'd work with someone who needs glasses already...

double up! Laughing


Edit: Or do prizes include prescription versions? Just curious until my dream fizzles in a few hours. Rolling Eyes


Contact lenses, kaybear...




_________________


TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

arcaico

Location: Brazil

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         


Werdnaibor wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Tell me, Sean... how is it to get knocked out in your second round in the tournament?



http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/view/3114/display.html

You sure do love that noise filter.


So that is how you guys detect which is my entry so you can vote for my opponent?? good to know...

I don't vote against you, but I do notice the trend. You're not the only one who does it.


I love the noise filter... It helps to integrate all elements as if they were one... But I overused them,a few years ago... It's not good when you let it too granulated... Another thing I love is photo filters, but I do them manually, usually making a copy of the final image over it with a replace colour adjustment, playing with the opacity...




_________________


TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:26 pm   Reply with quote         


arcaico wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
You're not the only one who does it.


I love the noise filter... It helps to integrate all elements as if they were one... But I overused them,a few years ago... It's not good when you let it too granulated... Another thing I love is photo filters, but I do them manually, usually making a copy of the final image over it with a replace colour adjustment, playing with the opacity...


I like using the noise filter too, and YOU'RE right you really do have to be careful on how far you go with it.
Have you ever tried the 50% gray set to soft light?
Use that layer to put highlights and shadows using burn and dodge tools.
that way you're not messing with the original picture.
Once the shadows/highlights are on, then add a 1 or 2 px noise to that layer so you can adj opacity.
I learned that from DoaC.

Photo filters are great as well. Helps with the overall color correction to blend all the elements into the pict.
I've made manual ones, but only can seem to make them work well on night or water scenes.




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         


New layer -> fill with 50% grey -> Set it to overlay and play with burn and dodge.
That's how I use it recently, works well.




TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         


kinetic_be wrote:
New layer -> fill with 50% grey -> Set it to overlay and play with burn and dodge.
That's how I use it recently, works well.


yep.

Overlay, soft or hard light works. Just depends on the subject.




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         


I lika da noise too....sometimes overdo though




Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         


I lika da noise too....sometimes overdo though




arcaico

Location: Brazil

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:51 am   Reply with quote         


TheShaman wrote:
I like using the noise filter too, and YOU'RE right PERIOD you really do have to be careful on how far you go with it.


Punctuation is as good as good spelling...

Now, where are the cameras? I'm on candid camera, right? I mean... you're trying to teach me photoshop... it has to be a prank...




_________________


TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

annajon

Location: DEAD THREAD DUMPINGGROUND NEAR YOU

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:28 am   Reply with quote         


It is good to see the old fights still going on here even when the participants only show up twice a year to do so....

But I would have loved to have been in the final rounds to gain one of those special glasses. Cool.




kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:00 am   Reply with quote         


annajon wrote:
It is good to see the old fights still going on here even when the participants only show up twice a year to do so....


True, but i'm laughing my ass off Laughing




TheShaman

Location: Peaksville, Southeast of Disorder

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 am   Reply with quote         


arcaico wrote:


Now, where are the cameras? I'm on candid camera, right? I mean... you're trying to teach me photoshop... it has to be a prank...



who said anything about teaching you?

Oh wait, I forgot. Everything is about... YOU




_________________
T-shirt Designs: http://www.cafepress.com/TheShaman
Help fight breast cancer by becoming an enabler: http://www.cafepress.com/Pinkaholics
shane.e.randall

Location: Indiana, PA

Post Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:05 am   Reply with quote         


arcaico wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
I like using the noise filter too, and YOU'RE right PERIOD you really do have to be careful on how far you go with it.


Punctuation is as good as good spelling...

Now, where are the cameras? I'm on candid camera, right? I mean... you're trying to teach me photoshop... it has to be a prank...


Every time I look at your avatar I think of 2 words "Archaic" and "Period".




_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Prizes For The 2013 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.