Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Need to Start Learning Gif Imaging - Reply to topic

jamieinenglewood

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I have tried in the past to put a Gif someone has made or given me permission to use on a PNG or Jpeg and it will not work once I paste it as a layer. Also I need to learn just the simple Gif Making I will link an image if I can of a gif I made just testing but had to use a site and they put their logo in it, so that don't look good on a site. Been messing with PS last two years here a lot in the beginning then had some health problems and for the last 3 months I been getting back into it making my new website. I just would like to know how to take an image like a wheel and rotate it 4 times different images then use those to make a gif that spins. Entry level using PS Elements. I thank you very much for any help Love Chopping and will be back into contest everyday, right now so busy I do a couple a week.

Thanks Jamie AKA Jamieinenglewood

This is just an image I have I used to make a spinning gif using a site

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

I'll try to make it simple. You cant use PNG or JPEG as animation. Once you paste your gif into each of this formats it will be simple image-not animation.You can make your animation using PSD or TIFF and then save it as GIF. Here is how you can do it:

If you are satisfied with your work go to-file/save for web & devices- and choose gif format. There is lot of additional options in that section before you save the file.
This is off course simple way to do it (not than i know any better). Point is to left visible only layers you want to be seen in each frame. Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Martrex

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi jamie

The example BSmatic is showing is in Photoshop, but you did mention PS Elements here are some sites showing doing it on that version, which is quite a difference in a lot of ways. He is showing you basic cell (frames) animation, but there is also more advanced semi flash animation on PS versions post Creative Suite 3. Hope this helps. Also he is showing the basic cell difference way to get the motion you requested, there is also settings to have the image morph from one cell to another cell the determining factor on that is how many cells to use

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Animated-GIF-in-Adobe-Photoshop-Elements and more goggle search "does ps elements have animation" and other places to get info Laughing Laughing

Here is the layout i used.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Need to Start Learning Gif Imaging - Reply to topic