Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Stormy Monday - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Luxwiz

Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

For any musicians out there or anybody else interested,this is a video of me and some musician friends playing a version of T-Bone Walker´s classic blues number,Stormy Monday at one of our weekly jam sessions here in Almuñecar last spring.I´m the guitarist in the middle behind the singer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAMhrpEIHWE[/youtube]

Tawiskaro

Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Good stuff, Luis. You're a musician! You should get together with ReyRey for a couple of duets.

Smile

Luxwiz

Post Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:54 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Good stuff, Luis. You're a musician! You should get together with ReyRey for a couple of duets.

Smile

he´s not a musician he´s a folk singer Wink Laughing

Reinman...now there´s a musician,a true virtuoso on the accordion.I´m sure he could play some mean blues solos on it. Very Happy

Tarmac

Post Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

Damn good Blues Luis salut

KENNY CHUNG

Post Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

Love the blues, wonder how u share times with yr favourite hobbies, Luxwiz :0)

OneChiefRocker

Post Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

q' Guay! I love the blues. Good job sir! You guys rock!

Post Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

thanks guys... Kenny I ask myself that question almost every day Laughing and OCR " q guay" man you sure are up on your spanish Wink

YerPalAl

Post Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool. So, do we call you Blind Lemon Luxwiz from now on?

Luxwiz

Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:27 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Cool. So, do we call you Blind Lemon Luxwiz from now on?

lol Al ... Cool

Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:30 am   Reply with quote         

Wow! You guys are great! Thanks for the link...So much fun...I went to Youtube and also watched your Long Train Running, Shake your Money Maker, Call Me The Breeze, Rock Me and the cajon is so cool! Thanks for introducing me to the Cajon. I also watched several other Cajon vids. You are quite an accomplished solo guitarist, too.

Luxwiz

Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:45 am   Reply with quote         

sarina77 wrote:
Wow! You guys are great! Thanks for the link...So much fun...I went to Youtube and also watched your Long Train Running, Shake your Money Maker, Call Me The Breeze, Rock Me and the cajon is so cool! Thanks for introducing me to the Cajon. I also watched several other Cajon vids. You are quite an accomplished solo guitarist, too.

thanks for the nice word but I am a mere apprentice.You my friend are a truly talented and accomplished musician.Thanks for the links to your music videos as well... they are soooo incredibly good !Very Happy Oh and as for the cajon (pronounced kahon with a hard h) is a regular instrument in flamenco music and is played exceptionally well by a lot of flamenco musicians here in Spain.We started using it as well for rock and blues etc. since the drums were quite loud and took up a lopt of space in many of the small bars we played in.The front board of the box can regulated tighter or looser to give it different sound.depending on where you hit it and can actually sound almost like a snare drum.

Tesore

Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I love it!
You're a talented guy, Lux Very Happy

Luxwiz

Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
I love it!
You're a talented guy, Lux Very Happy

Hug

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

In the sea of junk music loud and bright joints this looks like a sanctuary. Nice gig and well played! Wish i was there to salute masters with a cold one (to drink,not to throw at Smile ).
I never learned how to play but that didn't stop me to trying for years. Just bought myself omen 6 to play with and refretting my 30 year old Japanese strat replica. Midlife crisis here we come Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks man,glad you liked this... and don´t give it up,playing music is very satisfying,and great for the spirit,no matter the age.I could name a long list of old rockers and bluesmen from the sixties and even fifties that are still playing great music.BTW I´ve had a sunburst 1972 Les Paul Custom now for close to 40 years and have refretted her three times already...she´s sounding sweet as ever.Many guitars like vintage wines better with age. Cool

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Stormy Monday - Reply to topic