Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - contests - winner by votes?! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

contest winners selected by skill vs votes?

skills!!

23%

23%

[ 3 ]

Votes!!

61%

61%

[ 8 ]

same

15%

15%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 13

glennhanna

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

rating systems can be abused. The advantage vs nonadvantage situation is where votes can get lost as some voters might vote early and not return to vote for later entries. You have to submit an image early in the first day of the contest if you want a chance at winning. 2 Days after the contest opens isn't going to receive a lot of votes. Too bad there is not a mini advantage package where you pay $1 to see tomorrows source.

anfa

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Too bad there is not a mini advantage package where you pay $1 to see tomorrows source.

Good idea!

Luxwiz

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

and one advantage for non-advantage members is they get to become good speedchoppers...
anyway bottom line is this... Smile

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo[/youtube]

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

frilansdesigner wrote:
Hi,
I am new to this site and i am trying to figure out how this works. I entered a contest and used some time to finish my image. After adding my entry to the contest i find out that the winner is only selected by amount of votes..How serious can it be?

I added my work when it was about 20 hours left of the contest ( little house in the forest). This made me the last entry with basically no chance of winning..I don't want to put my work over any one else on this site,..not at all, but if you like photoshop, adding a plate of fruit to the head of a minion is not enough to win any photoshop contest...not in my world at least.. Any other opinions ( not minions please) on this? It would be better if it was a jury actually looking over the entries artwork and then judging who the winner should be? I basically could fake 20 accounts and win every contest with the existing voting system, right?

frilansdesigner

HI NEWBIE! Smile
ME BACK TO SCHOOL AND ME BACK TO PSC! Cool

ME THINK EVERYTHING IS WRONG ON THIS SITE AND THIS IS THE BEAUTY OF PSC!
DADY SAID "THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SOME WINNING CRAP, IT JUST HAPPENS A LOT MORE OFTEN TODAY. THIS IS WONDERFUL!"
ME THINK A PLATE OF FRUIT TO THE HEAD OF A MINION IS NOT SO BAD... ME SAW SEVERAL WORSE WINNING CHOPS THAN THIS RECENTLY.

ME THINK TO HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A CONTEST OR RECEIVE MORE VOTES, YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER THOSE THINGS:
1. IF THE CONTEST SOURCE SUCKS SO MUCH, POST ANY KIND OF CRAP AND YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN BECAUSE THE OTHERS WILL DO CRAP FOR SURE!
2. BE FRIENDLY TO YOUR PSC FRIENDS AND YOU WILL HAVE GENERALLY MORE VOTES WHATEVER IF YOU POSTED SOME CRAP!
3. TRY TO FIND A GOOD IDEA... IT CAN NOT HURT!
4. BRING SOME HUMOR AND IT WILL MAKE PSC LESS BORING!
5. AND FINALLY YOU CAN ALSO TRY TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILL... THIS IS A LOT OF FUN!!
6. ME A FAKE ACCOUNT AND IT DOESN'T HELP... BELIEVE ME!

ENJOY!

BTW WELCOME!

thantin

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

photoshopmaster jr wrote:
frilansdesigner wrote:
Hi,
I am new to this site and i am trying to figure out how this works. I entered a contest and used some time to finish my image. After adding my entry to the contest i find out that the winner is only selected by amount of votes..How serious can it be?

I added my work when it was about 20 hours left of the contest ( little house in the forest). This made me the last entry with basically no chance of winning..I don't want to put my work over any one else on this site,..not at all, but if you like photoshop, adding a plate of fruit to the head of a minion is not enough to win any photoshop contest...not in my world at least.. Any other opinions ( not minions please) on this? It would be better if it was a jury actually looking over the entries artwork and then judging who the winner should be? I basically could fake 20 accounts and win every contest with the existing voting system, right?

frilansdesigner

HI NEWBIE! Smile
ME BACK TO SCHOOL AND ME BACK TO PSC! Cool

ME THINK EVERYTHING IS WRONG ON THIS SITE AND THIS IS THE BEAUTY OF PSC!
DADY SAID "THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SOME WINNING CRAP, IT JUST HAPPENS A LOT MORE OFTEN TODAY. THIS IS WONDERFUL!"
ME THINK A PLATE OF FRUIT TO THE HEAD OF A MINION IS NOT SO BAD... ME SAW SEVERAL WORSE WINNING CHOPS THAN THIS RECENTLY.

ME THINK TO HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A CONTEST OR RECEIVE MORE VOTES, YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER THOSE THINGS:
1. IF THE CONTEST SOURCE SUCKS SO MUCH, POST ANY KIND OF CRAP AND YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN BECAUSE THE OTHERS WILL DO CRAP FOR SURE!
2. BE FRIENDLY TO YOUR PSC FRIENDS AND YOU WILL HAVE GENERALLY MORE VOTES WHATEVER IF YOU POSTED SOME CRAP!
3. TRY TO FIND A GOOD IDEA... IT CAN NOT HURT!
4. BRING SOME HUMOR AND IT WILL MAKE PSC LESS BORING!
5. AND FINALLY YOU CAN ALSO TRY TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILL... THIS IS A LOT OF FUN!!
6. ME A FAKE ACCOUNT AND IT DOESN'T HELP... BELIEVE ME!

ENJOY!

BTW WELCOME!

thumright salut

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

The law is an ass, so ignore law and do as you will

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

The only person you want to impress is yourself. I feel silly at writing this after making a very similar complaint only recently.

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

But I have learnt that votes mean fuck all if you are happy with your entry. There have been loads of times where I have been looking at a source image and cannot for The life of me conceive a chop. Then someone posts something and my mind is blown. And maybe it wins. Or maybe someone wins because of a popularity vote, or they have pandered to the masses (fuckin minion pic annoys me too). I wouldn't have advantage status if it hadn't of been for one amazing person gifting me it and making my year. This website is a stupid community with some great contestants. Aim for fourth place. Be annoyed at everyone if you don't make fourth place, but be proud of each of your posts. Churn out attempts and trials as well as the pictures that took you three weeks. You might one day achieve celebrity status as a $50 winner, but will that picture be your own favourite? Chop on

ck

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 pm   Reply with quote         

This was a funny read.
I love this site, with or without votes or prizes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - contests - winner by votes?! - Reply to topic