Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - hardcore clean up - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

papavales

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:36 am   Reply with quote         

I made this for a friend. His grandfather in the army (1940 or something). I really didn't enjoy this one, i hate clean ups-restorations, but for some reason i always choose to do them.

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

nice work this was hard Bow
but the wall too equable I don't know need some texture or crack or dirt
yes I think need dirt
I know you tried reconstruction the original wall but looks a little bit unnatural

Luxwiz

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

I´ve done quite a few of these with my grandparents old photographs so I know the work involved,you've done quite good work especially on the man's face and clothes, but agree with irgum about the wall,looks too clean,like it's just white photo paper,maybe cloning some of the ground by his feet with a bit of transparency on it would make the wall more realistic.Also some desaturation on the two orange spots and the trace orange tint remaining would finish it off.BTW did you get that program installed and activated ok?

papavales

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks guys for the suggestions, you re right about the wall but i m done with this photo and already gave it to my friend printed. Luiz i installed the 64bit 10 version activated ok. I think it's almost the same with lightroom, great heavy duty photo tuning prog. And of course great noise reduction.

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

papavales wrote:
Thanks guys for the suggestions, you re right about the wall but i m done with this photo and already gave it to my friend printed. Luiz i installed the 64bit 10 version activated ok. I think it's almost the same with lightroom, great heavy duty photo tuning prog. And of course great noise reduction.

You activated the v. 10 with that code I gave you?.Strange that was only supposed to work with the v. 8.Yeah from the reviews I've read it's pretty well par with lightroom,but the noise reduction is somewhat better....

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Good work! That background is confusing on original picture. I am not even sure it is a wall behind him. I can see stone wall to the right but even that's ending on top of his head and not continuing on the left side of his neck...Maybe you were dealing with some ancient photo-chopping Smile Anyhow, i think your friend should be quite happy and grateful with this thumright

papavales

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:53 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
Good work! That background is confusing on original picture. I am not even sure it is a wall behind him. I can see stone wall to the right but even that's ending on top of his head and not continuing on the left side of his neck...Maybe you were dealing with some ancient photo-chopping Smile Anyhow, i think your friend should be quite happy and grateful with this thumright

Yeap my friend is more than happy with it. Ancient chop lol

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:18 am   Reply with quote         

Nice done papa! Wink

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:19 am   Reply with quote         

ShootHerman wrote:
Nice done papa! Wink
Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

papavales

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:52 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:

Man i tried to keep as much original parts of the enviroment as possible. 1st it is a "ruined wall" and second(the major one) is a part of clothes where Cretes hides their knives. This is very important not to remove it as it is a tradition for a man with honor back then, but thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it.

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 am   Reply with quote         

Watch them Drift wrote:

Thanks colors

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 am   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker wrote:

Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - hardcore clean up - Reply to topic