Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - The 2015 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

blue_lurker

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:30 am   Reply with quote         

ahhhh...H2H....no time this time...but....Im a Votin and a Quotin

Sh!Za

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:15 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Before we do this, can we all agree not to post pics of our kids in our chops?

why? Cant see nat in the brackets

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

So. Many. No-shows.

I hope you bye-rounders are enjoying your appletinis.

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

If you signed up for H2H...please read ALL the details. STFUAC! Now on to the freak show of round 2.

billtvshow wrote:
UPDATES:
Round 1: Source provided by badcop. There is a double no-show in Round 1. The long standing policy is that the losing entry from Round 1 with the highest percentage of votes in their match will be placed in the winner's spot of the double no-show.

ORIGINAL POST:
2015 Head To Head Tournament sign ups are now live and are scheduled to end on Friday, August 28th at 8am.

Prizes:
Grand Prize - Lifetime Advantage
Runner Up Prize - 1 Year Advantage
Other Semi-Finalists Prize - 6 Months Advantage

The tournament will begin on Saturday, August 29th at 8am with the release of the first round source and brackets. We have a policy of everyone who enters gets to play, so depending on the amount of people who enter, there will almost certainly be users who will get "byes" or "passes" beyond the first round. So if you signed up and don't see yourself listed as a competitor in the first round, then you probably have a bye to the 2nd round, in which case you would need to come back on September 5th at 8am to get your source for the 2nd round.

The tournament format for each round is the same as in previous years.
Source release - Saturday morning 8am. Entries due / voting begins - Wednesday morning 8am. Voting ends - Friday morning 8am.

The new file size limitations that were implemented last year are still be in place: You may upload entries at up to 1080x1080 px resolution and up to 1536KB in file size.

There should be an email blast going out about the tourney soon. There's still plenty of time to get people to sign up, but we need to get the word out properly. If you have any contact with PSC members old and new, please let them know.

Thanks and good luck!

NOTE: Mikey and Design2522 have first round byes. Please look at the bracket machups to see if YOU have a first round bye.

GuidedByPandas

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

Hi. Just wanted to explain my image and seeming lack of effort. Prior H2Hs show that I at least try to put forth a quality effort. As I was gathering sources Saturday morning, a severe & frightening windstorm hit the area. The power went out and wasn't restored until Tuesday night, 3.5 days later!

I only have Photoshop on my home desktop - no power, no PC, no Photoshop. I don't chop for my job so that wasn't an option. On Monday the power company said electricity might be out in my area until Thursday or Friday. I really didn't want to be a no-show. So Monday afternoon I had 2hrs free - I borrowed a friend's laptop with an old version of PS Elements, a program I haven't used since 2007.

The only thing sadder than my image is the fact that this is the 5th straight year my opponent failed to show in the 1st round. I don't understand why members sign op and then don't play. An act of Nature couldn't even stop me from posting. lol

Original Image which I didn't post because I thought it might have been considered a "surrender" chop:
https://snk.smugmug.com/photos/i-MvS4pdX/0/O/i-MvS4pdX.jpg

Article:

Thanks

Cartoon Contractor

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

GuidedByPandas wrote:
Hi. Just wanted to explain my image and seeming lack of effort. Prior H2Hs show that I at least try to put forth a quality effort. As I was gathering sources Saturday morning, a severe & frightening windstorm hit the area. The power went out and wasn't restored until Tuesday night, 3.5 days later!

I only have Photoshop on my home desktop - no power, no PC, no Photoshop.

I assume you don't have a generator. That works in a pinch! Congrats on posting under the circumstances.

GuidedByPandas

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
GuidedByPandas wrote:

I assume you don't have a generator. That works in a pinch! Congrats on posting under the circumstances.

I live in a condo. Besides, in the prior 12 years, power went out a total of 2hrs. And that was the problem... I kept thinking "It will come back on any minute now." I didn't sleep at all Saturday night - I'm medically compromised and need a machine to help sleep. Sunday night, I got a hotel room. Monday night all the local hotels were booked so scrambled to find a bed with power at night. By Tuesday I had 12hrs sleep total. So when power came back on, I wasn't in a state to chop or do much of anything. I got this mega tower desktop built to spec for PS, 3D work, and coding... I guess I could have pulled it behind me on a little red wagon. lol

Given how infrequent these storms are - and this was a freak Summer storm - not sure a generator is worth the investment. Through this I learned my medical device has a tiny battery-powered version - going to get that. And I'm going to get some hardcore battery packs.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

GuidedByPandas wrote:
GuidedByPandas wrote:

I live in a condo. Besides, in the prior 12 years, power went out a total of 2hrs.

WOW! 2 hrs in 12 years? My electricity goes out for 2 hrs EVERY WEEK! In Hurricane Rita I was out for 8 days! A summer thunderstorm knocks out our power every time! I would have thought Seattle (with all the rain ya'll get) would lose power more often. Guess that how much I know!

GuidedByPandas

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

WOW! 2 hrs in 12 years? My electricity goes out for 2 hrs EVERY WEEK! In Hurricane Rita I was out for 8 days! A summer thunderstorm knocks out our power every time! I would have thought Seattle (with all the rain ya'll get) would lose power more often. Guess that how much I know!
I live about 25 miles north of Seattle and power does go out a bit up here in this county during Winter storms. Summer storms are very rare - we don't get hurricanes. Just earthquakes and volcanoes... and this year firestorms. If you are in the outlying rural areas, a generator is a must. But where I am is suburb near a business district and that area gets priority power.

It has been unusually hot and dry this year - we went 150 days without rain - so the ground was very dry but trees still full of leaves. And it rained quite heavily before the winds came. So they figured the trees were all top-heavy and especially vulnerable to high winds. There were trees down everywhere - so much so even the business district was without power for over a day and that never happens! For us, 6 trees came down a block away to wipe out 3 power poles. That's why we had to wait so long - it was a huge job to repair and only affected a small neighborhood.

We live next to a green belt with 80 foot tall pines and massive maples. For hours we listened to cracking branches and trees falling in the forest. I watched a pine tree fall on our building in Winter 2008; this storm Saturday was terrifying and kept waiting for the same to happen again.

Trann

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

A noble effort, GBP!

And I think the highest losing vote getter in round 1 should get slotted into the double-no-show.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

GuidedByPandas wrote:
I live about 25 miles north of Seattle and power does go out a bit up here in this county during Winter storms. Summer storms are very rare - we don't get hurricanes. Just earthquakes and volcanoes...

I'll take a hurricane over an earthquake or VOLCANO any day!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing You can run from a hurricane! Hell you can walk from a hurricane! You can see em coming for days! But they reek havoc on your property!

TJ

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats to the winners in round 1 and good luck to all in round 2!

Looks like a fun source image!!!!

bounce thumleft

txpinky

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:03 am   Reply with quote         

I forgot to post Sad Now I see my component also didn't post Sad A double no-show argghh

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Darn I messed up the 1st round... Goodluck to all!!! Wink

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:55 am   Reply with quote         

As requested by Bill@billtvshow, we have advanced "karlymango" into the spot that currently says, "To be decided" in Round 2. He will now contest against "vicspa".

Best of luck

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - The 2015 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic